Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forest 3-2 Bolton

+11
Sluffy
wessy
Boggersbelief
Jack Russell
gloswhite
karlypants
NickFazer
rammywhite
Growler
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Forest 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 04 2017, 13:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are out of the bottom three by the skin of our teeth (depending on how Brum get on tonight) but we are still 3 points and a huge GD behind the first of the teams above us (Hull) who we could really do with dragging into the relegation battle, so with that in mind I think we need something from this game.
Tricky tie this with Forest's mid table position belying their "outside chance of a playoff spot" credentials. It brings into question the recent debate about the importance of possession, because Forest can play some tidy stuff and like to keep the ball. They had over 70% of the possession when they lost away at Ipswich on Saturday as well as the majority of shots on target and with it being an away game there will be a massive temptation for Parky to resort to deep defending again.
Zach Clough can't even get a start, but I would be surprised if he wasn't brought on at some stage. 
I honestly haven't a clue which way this will go so I'm opting for a slightly optimistic 1 - 1 draw.

2Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Mon Dec 04 2017, 14:10

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Possession can be just passing the ball interminably while not making an attacking run. In our last games haven't we been around 30% or so? I'd like to think we've had a bit of a rest and the team stepping up should cause some problems for Forest. Might get a draw or even nick it if we can get lucky with finding the target.

3Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 05 2017, 01:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thank you Wolves.

4Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 05 2017, 08:52

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Forest away is a write off, it must be a temptation to rest the important players for the cup final against Burton the week after.

5Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 05 2017, 10:24

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm fairly positive about this game as we've shown that we can find the net now- so I'm going for a 1-1 draw. But I've just taken some tablets so I might not be thinking straight!

6Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 05 2017, 21:18

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Everytime (except one 0-0 at Derby) I go to an away match in the East Midlands we get tonked so I ain't going to Forest. 1-1

7Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 05 2017, 21:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Funnily enough, Forest have lost more games than us but I can't see us winning this game.

I reckon a draw a best.

8Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Tue Dec 05 2017, 21:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

1-1 Buckley

9Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 06 2017, 08:05

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

2-2 Madine

10Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Wed Dec 06 2017, 09:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-2 Le Fondre and Noone

11Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Thu Dec 07 2017, 13:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were talking about increasing attendances so Anderson might want to take a leaf out of Forest's book who are charging U18s just a fiver for our game this weekend.

On another note, the last time we won at Forest was 2001 when Deano and Farrelly scored our goals so an away win is long overdue if unlikely.

12Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Fri Dec 08 2017, 10:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Darren England to officiate Nottingham Forest trip

Darren England will officiate Wanderers' Sky Bet Championship trip to Nottingham Forest on Saturday.
The official has run the rule over just three Whites fixtures in the past including two this season - the Whites' away draw at Birmingham City and home defeat to Brentford.

A Football League regular since the 2015/16 season, Mr England has handed out 72 yellow cards and two red cards from 18 outings so far this campaign.

Mark Pottage and Robert Merchant will run the line, while Kevin Johnson is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Fri Dec 08 2017, 21:58

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Forest have not drawn one game this season, that's a weird stat.

So Draw for me 1-1 Wheater

14Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 09 2017, 11:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Nottingham Forest v Bolton Wanderers

Having moved out of the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone last weekend, Wanderers travel to Nottingham Forest on Saturday with confidence high at Macron Stadium. With the Whites looking to maintain their recent momentum, bwfc.co.uk highlights five talking points ahead of Bolton's trip to the City Ground.

1. Out the relegation zone!

Having lost just one of their last nine outings, Wanderers' 3-1 victory over Barnsley last Saturday saw them move out of the Sky Bet Championship relegation zone for the first time since August.

Picking up maximum points against Sheffield Wednesday, Norwich City and Barnsley, the Whites fought out stalemates with Queens Park Rangers, Fulham, Sunderland, Preston North End and Reading with a defeat to league-leaders Wolves the anamoly.

With Bolton's last win on the road at this level coming back in April 2015, they will be hungry to end claim their first three points on the road this season as they look to stay out of the drop-zone.

And as the Trotters face a side yet to draw this season, they will have to be at their very best if they are to maintain their recent run and clinch clinch a positive result at the City Ground.

2. Team news

David Wheater could return at the heart of defence having served a one-game suspension against Barnsley after picking up his fifth booking of the season.

Elsewhere, Andrew Taylor and Aaron Wilbraham are both in contention after successfully coming through a full week of training, while Karl Henry and Darren Pratley both avoided suspensions with their own fifth yellow cards of the season coming after the recent amnesty. 

3. Familar faces

Wanderers could line up against two familiar faces on Saturday with Zach Clough and Matt Mills both looking to line up for Nottingham Forest at the City Ground.

A firm fan-favourite at Macron Stadium having come through the Whites' youth academy, Clough joined Forest back in January after making 68 appearances and scoring 22 goals for the club. He has featured 12 times for Mark Warburton's side so far this season.

Meanwhile, Mills had made 11 appearances for the Tricky Trees this season, having registered 94 appearances and seven goals during his three seasons with Bolton prior to his move to Forest in July 2015.

With the duo inevitably looking forward to renewing old acquaintances, the Trotters will be hungry to come out on top against their former stars.

4. Discipline

The City Ground has not been a happy hunting ground for Wanderers in recent years with the Whites suffering heavy defeats on each of their past three visits.

Having seen a man dismissed in each of their last four visits, and conceded penalties in both of the last two, Bolton will be keen to end both runs on Saturday.

And having also conceded penalties in each of their last three outings this season, the Trotters know how important it will be to stay disciplined as they go in search of a first away win of the season.

5. Pay on the day

Tickets for Saturday's game will be available to purchase on the day at the City Ground.

Kicking off at 3pm, travelling fans will be able to buy tickets directly from the visitors ticket office, which is located at the rear of the Brian Clough Stand at the City Ground.

Tickets will be sold on a cash-only basis from 1.30pm. Please note, there will be a £2 increase on the day for adults and over-65s tickets.

Tickets which have been sent down for collection or have been duplicated will also be left at the visitors ticket office.

The club have received an initial allocation of 1,544 tickets for the game with prices are as follows:

Matchday Prices

Adults - £24

Over 65s - £19

Under 18s - £5

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

15Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 09 2017, 11:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

16Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 09 2017, 14:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

17Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 09 2017, 14:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

18Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 09 2017, 14:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m not one for negativity but I think we’ll get pumped 3-0

19Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 09 2017, 14:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Sports Analytics Machine used by the BBC to predict results says Forest to win 58%, Draw 24% and BWFC win 18%. I so want us to win this game because Forest have had the hoodoo on us for years.

20Forest 3-2 Bolton Empty Re: Forest 3-2 Bolton Sat Dec 09 2017, 18:00

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It sounded like Forest were poor on the day but still had enough about them to score 3 and get the points.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum