Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is going to win SPOTY 2017?

+5
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Growler
Cajunboy
Sluffy
9 posters

Three votes to use - Who is going to win?

Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_lcap0%Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_lcap20%Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_lcap10%Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_lcap20%Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_lcap10%Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_lcap0%Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Empty Who is going to win SPOTY 2017? Sat 16 Dec - 15:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Quite a few on the list making up the numbers in these years of being all inclusive and PC in my opinion but there are some outstanding candidates too.

Farah and Lewis do nothing for me but they are top of their respective sporting trees.

Froome is outstanding and clearly the best cyclist of his generation (including Wiggins) but his recent 'drugs bust' will sink his chances - will be interesting if he is there on the night - I think he will.

Joshua - good boxer but not our best - maybe not even our best heavyweight now that Fury is back!

Same goes for Kane - great goal scorer - but is that good enough simply to be on the list?

Konta - semi-finalist at Wimbledon - a one hit wonder (not even a winner!).

Peacock - mandatory disabled athlete inclusion imo.

Shrubsole - mandatory woman team player inclusion imo.

Then we hit the three who deserve to be on the podium

Bianca Walkden - Dominating her Taekwondo category for the last few years - almost unbeatable at the moment - 3rd place for me.

Jonathon Rae - A monster in the world of Motorcycling - on the cusp of breaking all British superbike records already and still got half a dozen years or more at the top - 2nd for me

Adam Peaty - Amazing, awesome and any other superlatives you can think of for this boy - just 22 years of age.  

A swimmer in competitions were the winner is usually measured in fractions, Peaty wins by a body length!

He is genuinely outstanding and a world and Olympic champion as well as being the world record holder in his field.  My winner by a mile - but I doubt the public vote have even heard of him!

It would be wonderful though if Elise Christie, Speed Skater, does really well.

My heart went out to her at the last Winter Olympics when everything went wrong for her.

Following that she was trolled unmercifully on the internet (who the fuck do people think they are?).

She showed though she was made of the right stuff and bounced back to become world champion.

Good luck to her and fingers crossed for her Olympics in the New Year.

What are your predictions?  Three votes allowed.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Probably Debbie McGee.

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lewis Hamilton's car

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't care. The whole fiasco is a waste of an evening,featuring various sports that are no longer available on the BBC.
Clare Balding is pretty sure to show up,looking,as usual,like Desperate Dan in a frock,and they'll all pat each other on the back,to rapturous applause.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:Clare Balding is pretty sure to show up,looking,as usual,like Desperate Dan in a frock
Laughing

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only recognise three names.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Well I'm not voting for Joshua the glass jawed joker, someone should remind him It was Tyson Fury that beat The Klit easy unlike Joshua who had a real tough time with him and was fortunate the klit gave him time to recover from the knock down. He keeps bragging about unifying the titles but won't even look at a photo of Wilder who would blast him out before he could blink twice. Fury would play with him, Ortiz would get him in 6, Hearn will never risk him against wilder so Kane gets my vote.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The more popular sports have more fans and tend to get more votes so it wouldn't surprise me if Hamilton won it as I don't think Kane currently has the media hype momentum that he had 6 months ago and the other contenders in the male dominated mainstream sports all have questions hanging over them. To some extent it depends on the videos about them that the BBC produce for the show, but at this stage I would bet on Hamilton, possibly Joshua.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I don't care. The whole fiasco is a waste of an evening,featuring various sports that are no longer available on the BBC.
Clare Balding is pretty sure to show up,looking,as usual,like Desperate Dan in a frock,and they'll all pat each other on the back,to rapturous applause.
I agree, it's become a total borefest.  

I've only just survived Strictly.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I agree, it's become a total borefest.  

I've only just survived Strictly.
Thank god that shit has finished.

They have a chance to put something decent on now but I bet it won't happen! Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Mo Farah wins, Rae second Peacock third.

So someone who got beat in his last race, very closely associated with a very dodgy trainer, and hasn't done much of note this year wins.

Not the most outstanding year for sport in 2017 then.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Mo Farah wins, Rae second Peacock third.

So someone who got beat in his last race, very closely associated with a very dodgy trainer, and hasn't done much of note this year wins.

Not the most outstanding year for sport in 2017 then.

He would get my vote for the most annoying adverts ever but that's about it! Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2017 votes -

Mo Farah: 83,524 votes
Jonathan Rea: 80,567
Jonnie Peacock: 73,429
Anthony Joshua: 73,411
Adam Peaty: 63,739
Lewis Hamilton: 60,627
Chris Froome: 47,683
Harry Kane: 18,759
Anya Shrubsole: 15,237
Bianca Walkden: 13,962
Johanna Konta: 7,591
Elise Christie: 6,504

Note last year Murray won with 247,419 votes - nearly three times as many as this years winner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum