Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing for sympathy...

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishing for sympathy...  Empty Fishing for sympathy... Fri Dec 29 2017, 10:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I had to take my dog to the vets yesterday and have her put to sleep. 13 years we've had her and for a Rottie she's had a very good innings. I must admit though, it is very strange now not having her here. We've had her at least 2 years longer than even my eldest boy, who's almost 11. I know there are a few dog lovers on here who will feel my pain.

2Fishing for sympathy...  Empty Re: Fishing for sympathy... Fri Dec 29 2017, 10:26

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bwfc1958 wrote:I had to take my dog to the vets yesterday and have her put to sleep. 13 years we've had her and for a Rottie she's had a very good innings. I must admit though, it is very strange now not having her here. We've had her at least 2 years longer than even my eldest boy, who's almost 11. I know there are a few dog lovers on here who will feel my pain.
Two years ago we had to do the same with two of ours.  Right after xmas as well.  Its awful.  Thoughts are with you 58.

3Fishing for sympathy...  Empty Re: Fishing for sympathy... Fri Dec 29 2017, 10:39

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Cheers mate. It had to happen because she wasn't doing well at all. Her back legs had gone and she was very lethargic and off her food and losing weight so she was coming to the end of her time anyway. Hard to watch her suffer but hard to let her go, even when you know it's for the best.

4Fishing for sympathy...  Empty Re: Fishing for sympathy... Fri Dec 29 2017, 10:43

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry to hear this. Hope you’re ok

5Fishing for sympathy...  Empty Re: Fishing for sympathy... Fri Dec 29 2017, 11:15

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bwfc1958 wrote:Cheers mate. It had to happen because she wasn't doing well at all. Her back legs had gone and she was very lethargic and off her food and losing weight so she was coming to the end of her time anyway. Hard to watch her suffer but hard to let her go, even when you know it's for the best.
I know what you mean.  Rambo was poorly and probably had hours left where as rocky wad just old.  About 15.  His legs had gone too.  Its awful to see them suffer and as awful as it is,  its the best thing for them so they dont suffer.

I remember saying to my missus id take them and id be fine on my own.........big mistake.  I was blubbering like a little bitch for about half an hour in the car before i could drive.

Just remember the good time and the joy she has brought.  She was part of the family so it will be hard at first.

6Fishing for sympathy...  Empty Re: Fishing for sympathy... Fri Dec 29 2017, 15:57

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Feel for you 58 our Border/Springer got the usual at 11 and we put him through chemo he got better and we had another happy year but then it came back with a vengence and he was so ill he didn't really know us so we put him to sleep, terrible time 3 years ago and we still feel it.

7Fishing for sympathy...  Empty Re: Fishing for sympathy... Fri Dec 29 2017, 17:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We lost our Springer in 2010. She was 14. The pain was such that I'll probably never have another dog.

In time you'll look back and remember the fun you had with her. For now,you have my sympathy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum