Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How many Tories are there?

+4
Angry Dad
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1How many Tories are there? Empty How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 15:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

2How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Obsessed.

3How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 16:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets face it, who would want to admit they are a Tory party member? It's only slightly less embarrassing than admitting you have genital warts.

4How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 16:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Lets face it, who would want to admit they are a Tory party member? It's only slightly less embarrassing than admitting you have genital warts.

Who gave you genital warts?

5How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat how could you forget our night of passion? Mine took ages to go, how about yours?

6How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 17:21

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Nat how could you forget our night of passion? Mine took ages to go, how about yours?

Laughing

7How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 22:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Ha Ha what a load of cock.

8How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Fri Jan 05 2018, 23:16

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wish there was a lot less. Don't know how they sleep at night.

9How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 09:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:I wish there was a lot less. Don't know how they sleep at night.

Very well. We haven't declared war under the Tories.

10How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 10:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wessy wrote:I wish there was a lot less. Don't know how they sleep at night.

Very well. We haven't declared war under the Tories.

Is that all that matters?

11How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 10:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Is that all that matters?

No, but it's bigger than everything else.

Sending soldiers to die for a pointless war is pretty bad leadership, maybe you'll agree?

On second thoughts, don't bother, we all know you foam at the mouth at the mere mention of Brexit, and nothing else exists in your life.

12How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 10:20

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Is that all that matters?

No, but it's bigger than everything else.

Sending soldiers to die for a pointless war is pretty bad leadership, maybe you'll agree?

On second thoughts, don't bother, we all know you foam at the mouth at the mere mention of Brexit, and nothing else exists in your life.

Sending soldiers to die for a pointless war is terrible leadership and I opposed the unjustified invasion of Iraq in 2003. I also thought we should have withdrawn our troops from Afghanistan immediately after overthrowing the Taliban government.

13How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 10:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Sending soldiers to die for a pointless war is terrible leadership and I opposed the unjustified invasion of Iraq in 2003. I also thought we should have withdrawn our troops from Afghanistan immediately after overthrowing the Taliban government.

Fair comment, so why would you want to risk another Labour government?

14How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 11:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Because those wars were down to Blair and Brown rather than the Labour party generally and in just about every area of policy Labour offer more attractive policies than the Tories. To take just one example look at the level of funding needed by the NHS.

However the Labour party is far from perfect and I have no respect for that hypocritical idiot Corbyn.

15How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 13:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Because those wars were down to Blair and Brown rather than the Labour party generally and in just about every area of policy Labour offer more attractive policies than the Tories. 
Those wars were down to the protection of strategic American interests and our "special relationship".

16How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 13:42

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sadly people still persist with the delusion that there is a "special relationship". There isn't. The Americans do nothing for us that is not in their own interests and never have.

17How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 14:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Sadly people still persist with the delusion that there is a "special relationship". There isn't. The Americans do nothing for us that is not in their own interests and never have.
We still kowtow to the Americans and are tied to them economically and militarily whether we like it or not.

18How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 17:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Because those wars were down to Blair and Brown rather than the Labour party generally and in just about every area of policy Labour offer more attractive policies than the Tories. To take just one example look at the level of funding needed by the NHS.

However the Labour party is far from perfect and I have no respect for that hypocritical idiot Corbyn.

Corbyn himself isn't a problem- he's a nice old bloke who hasn't really moved on from the sixth form politics of his youth.
It's the wrecking balls Watson and McDonnel that he brings with him  who are the problem and worst of all Comrade Len McLuskey in the background pulling their strings

19How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 17:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

rammywhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

Corbyn himself isn't a problem- he's a nice old bloke who hasn't really moved on from the sixth form politics of his youth.
It's the wrecking balls Watson and McDonnel that he brings with him  who are the problem and worst of all Comrade Len McLuskey in the background pulling their strings

But which party is more likely to save the NHS? Just compare the funding provided by Labour and the Tories over the last 30 years.

20How many Tories are there? Empty Re: How many Tories are there? Sat Jan 06 2018, 18:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:
rammywhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:

But which party is more likely to save the NHS? Just compare the funding provided by Labour and the Tories over the last 30 years.

I don't think either of them can save the NHS in the sense that most people expect. Just throwing more and more money at it won't save it as the demands on the NHS caused by increasing population, the incidence of much more expensive drugs and equipment, an expectation on the part of large sections of the population that they can transfer responsibility for their health to NHS professionals for immediate, successful and expensive treatment, an increasingly elderly population and the acknowledgement' of more and more difficult to identify and treat mental illnesses- all of these are putting inordinate pressure on an already hugely expensive service.
There is a real question about whether the NHS, as envisaged and founded by Aneurin Bevan , with a free service for all at the point of delivery, can be sustained in todays world.
I don't think it can and I think in the not too distant future there will need to be a radical rethink of how the NHS actually operates .What those change will be, I don't know.
 It might be much more reliance on private provision through insurance ( like give tax relief for BUPA and tell everyone with private insurance that they can't use the NHS unless they pay) or using overseas services for some things ( like going to Budapest to get your teeth done) or a serious hypothecated (ring fenced) tax on some companies like tobacco, sugary drinks and alcohol producers, or the permanent seizure of all the assets of convicted drug dealers. Stuff like that  is absolutely loaded with immense problems,  but they might be at least a partial answer- but I think that a fully funded NHS which we all want might now be something we can't have unless we have huge swingeing increases in tax, something that many healthy people might not want to subscribe to, to  'subsidise' less healthy NHS clients.
I'm not being political here as I've personally had fantastic ( and expensive ) treatment at Christies over the past few months- but the economic arguments for the NHS we would all like to see are becoming much more difficult to sustain.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum