Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Bristol City

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Bristol City Empty What Parkinson Thought - Bristol City Sat Feb 03 2018, 04:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sammy Ameobi's second half goal earned Wanderers all three points in front of the Sky Sports television cameras against Bristol City on Friday night.

The Whites' No.10 struck the decisive effort with 19 minutes remaining to pull Phil Parkinson's men away from the bottom three ahead of the weekend's fixtures.

And speaking following the final whistle, the manager covered these points...

On the team doing the talking on the pitch…

We’re very pleased. It was a big night for us and I thought the lads performed superbly.

We changed the shape of the team this week and we only had about 20 minutes to work on it in difficult weather conditions yesterday.

The way the lads stuck to the task however and were disciplined, communicated and concentrated well, that was the highlight for me.

We restricted a very good side to very little and it was a real team effort from everybody.

On Sammy Ameobi’s performance…

We asked Sammy to play a different role tonight. We thought long and hard after the window closed at 11pm on Wednesday about what we were going to do, and we came to the conclusion that Sammy might give Bristol City something to think about.

He was great tonight – he’s such a dangerous player because he has the physicality, but he’s also got the mobility.

What a goal it was from him though alongside a great all-round performance as well.

On Tyler Walker’s debut performance and Zach Clough's return…

With Tyler and Zach, it was always in our mind to go 60-30, because both of them are down on match fitness.

We started with Tyler and when the game opened up, it was then great to bring Zach on and he was excellent and bright when he came into the match.

He’s delighted to be back here – he didn’t really want to leave in the first place, but it’s good to have him back and he’s a terrific lad.

With the chance he had to score late on, it’s a fantastic move from us and when it didn’t go in, you did wonder if we were going to get punished for it.

The way we defended tonight though was magnificent and we were resilient. We asked the lads to be just that and the way they put their bodies on the line when it was needed was a different class and I’m so pleased for everybody.

On Mark Little’s performance against his former club…

It’s always good when you get a win against your former club and he’ll be very pleased with that.

I also thought that the crowd were great tonight, particularly in the second half when they really gave the lads a lift.

We’ve had a tough week, but so have our supporters and they responded as well as the players did tonight for which I thank them all.

On Dorian Dervite’s efforts…

He was superb once again after a brilliant performance against Ipswich Town last time out.

He’s come in again tonight and I’m hugely pleased with his contribution. His exploits of late are a credit to the way he’s trained and looked after himself because he hasn’t had a lot of football.

We’ve got a big week now though as the lads who came in on deadline day, we haven’t had much chance to work with them so far and now we’ve got a good week to integrate them into the squad.

There’s nothing better than doing that off the back of three points either!

And finally, on the victory lifting us up the table and away from the relegation zone…

None of the other teams around us have played tonight, so we’re not getting carried away with where we are in the table at the minute, but more importantly, we’ve shown a resilience tonight.

When I came into the ground tonight, it was almost a case of people patting me on the back sympathetically and all the talk was about Bristol City.

We’ve certainly made a bit of a statement though and I’m so pleased that people are talking about our players this evening along with the team’s work ethic.

Now, we’ll look towards Fulham next week – they’re a good side and we drew 1-1 with them at Craven Cottage, but we’ve got a bit of time to think alongside enjoy this victory tonight.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum