Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What TV Series do you rate and would recommend

+7
JonnyRandom
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
doffcocker
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
BoltonTillIDie
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha & Largehat gave me the idea for this topic, but rather than being about one particular series, lets see what everyone watches and what they recommend.

The Walking Dead: Love zombie movies and love this TV series too! Just hate it when a season finishes and have to wait ages for the next one! Next Series will be series 3 and from the teaser looks like I will continue to enjoy this.

Teen Wolf: About a teenager who is a werewolf after being bitten in the woods. I dont think I;m the target audience, but watched the first 2 episodes and was addicted straightaway, curently on season 2 and I usually download these every Tuesday.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think there's a fairly good discussion in the TV thread but.

obviously for me Six Feet Under, The Wire <<< Best shows ever.

current best show on TV for me Mad Men.

Worst current show The Newsroom, appalling.

Neighbours

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster, I've not watched any of the programs you have mentioned. I'll have to watch a couple of episodes of each to see if I'd like them

Not watched Neighbours since the early 90's

(Didn't notice there was already a thread)

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a problem i could talk about TV shows till the cows come home to be honest. Sad i know.

I'm surprised you haven't seen The Wire, almost universally accepted as the best show ever on TV.

Six Feet Under was superb for me, but very depressing, so many avoided it.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
I'm surprised you haven't seen The Wire, almost universally accepted as the best show ever on TV.

That's an exaggeration.

I can't believe you've forgotten Eldorado.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll let you know when Ive watched a couple of episodes and see if I agree with the universe...

Eldorado - What a crock of shite

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I seem to recall that getting axed gave Eldorado a new lease of life. By that time, the producers had actually ironed out a lot of what made it terrible and it became quite watchable between it being axed and going off the air. Ironic.

I remember that there was a gay character called Paco and it was a big mystery who Paco really was, it was a nickname another character gave to his gay lover. Paco became a common classroom insult in my school, "are you Paco?" etc.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be honest I cant remember it, but I remember it becoming popular and a talking point after it was axed...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the only thing i remember about it was a boat and some guy with shades on.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:the only thing i remember about it was a boat and some guy with shades on.

That was Marcus Tandy sailing off into the sunset at the end of the last episode, with his quality Mexican bit of stuff, Pilar.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another Series I loved was An Idiot Abroad, Karl Pilkington is hilarious! Still watch the re-runs (it's that funny!)

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a big fan of Gervais.

Love everything he's done apart from "derek" which i thought was terrible.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

An Idiot Abroad isn't worth watching more than once in my opinion. I don't think Karl Pilkington is as funny as he is hyped up to be.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Derek was watchable but it was only a pilot wasnt it? When does the series start?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was hoping he'd never make it, but sadly he's filming it now.

He's just released a new web series today "Learn English" It's free on Itunes if you like Pilkington. Funny

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:An Idiot Abroad isn't worth watching more than once in my opinion. I don't think Karl Pilkington is as funny as he is hyped up to be.

At first I didnt get it, but after watching a couple it became hilarious

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'vw watched them all, and they're quite good, but I can't understand why anyone would buy the DVD box set or watching them over and over.

I think my favourite bit was where he went to the hugging tent in the Arizona desert and wouldn't let anyone hug him.

When he knocked on that woman's door and they introduced each other and the woman said "shall we hug?" and he replied "no, we've just met".

And then when she wanted to spoon with him in the tent afterwards, that was funny. But I don't see it as something that's funny enough to sustain several viewings. IMO.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was hoping he'd never make it, but sadly he's filming it now.

He's just released a new web series today "Learn English" It's free on Itunes if you like Pilkington. Funny

Downloading it now Smile

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:I'vw watched them all, and they're quite good, but I can't understand why anyone would buy the DVD box set or watching them over and over.

I think my favourite bit was where he went to the hugging tent in the Arizona desert and wouldn't let anyone hug him.

When he knocked on that woman's door and they introduced each other and the woman said "shall we hug?" and he replied "no, we've just met".

And then when she wanted to spoon with him in the tent afterwards, that was funny. But I don't see it as something that's funny enough to sustain several viewings. IMO.

I agree tbh, i didn't bother with the second season. I like Pilkington alot but i don't really like the format of Idiot Abroad. I think it's because he's better with Gervais.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum