Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I love Goooooooals!

+10
karlypants
rammywhite
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
wanderlust
y2johnny
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 18:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Bored of me?

Likewise you shitbag.

Hahaha go on kp

32I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 20:40

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

The old tried and tested formula of admin acting like a cock to increase the post count, works wonders once again.

33I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 20:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think it's an act. Razz

34I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sat Feb 17 2018, 23:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:I don't think it's an act. Razz

Me neither!

Ok, let's try to untangle this.

TROY is in his rights to be as argumentative as he likes, I can see why others see him as arrogant but I've never found him to be nasty whilst he's been doing this over the number of years that I've crossed swords with him on the forums.

Karly has a right to call out anyone acting like a troll - a troll being someone who posts to get a reaction - Troy certainly got a bite this time!

Telling someone on a forum to get a life/ go kiss a girl/ get yourself laid is pretty basic stuff - so get yourself a girl friend (or even a boy friend) is probably the tamest insult anyone could make!

As for brown nosing what a ridiculous think to say - Karly (and BTID) run the site!!!  They are the only two who know how to work things to make it go (we've not seen Biggie around for months now - good luck to him in whatever he is doing with himself these days).

Ask yourself why would he possibly want to brown nose to me - he already is the boss around here - and what a magnificent job he does too (not forgetting BTID also).

As for Fin and his ramblings -

finlaymcdanger wrote:Seems like you’re a fully signed up prophet to the devine being Sluffy.

What a complete nut job you have become.

You can't seem to handle someone disagreeing with you.

I know in real life you have top job - maybe people are afraid to tell you that you are wrong anymore for fear of not getting promoted or something perhaps?

Maybe you have been used to getting your own way for so long that you've forgotten how to cope when someone says no to you?

Because I didn't say what a wonderful opening post you had made on this thread you've come out with - that I have made 'personal attacks on you' because you 'associate with Breadman' (or I apparently think you do anyway) and now that I'm a divine (with an 'i' not an 'e' as you've spelt it - unless of course you do think I'm devine!) being - a Godhead, a creator - with Karly being my prophet - him playing Jesus to me playing God - if you will!!!

It's just an internet footy forum you plonker!

And finally -

RustyNail wrote:The old tried and tested formula of admin acting like a cock to increase the post count, works wonders once again.

To what end - what exactly do we gain from it?

Say we do get more posts - so what - we don't earn anything from it, we aren't out there telling anyone how busy we are, we don't allow adverts, so we aren't after any clickbate increase or anything - what exactly have we achieved?

Nothing at all really apart from some people getting the hump no doubt.

Probably better to put this thread to bed and we all have a fresh start in the morning.

Everybody ok with that?

35I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 06:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Let us smoke the pipe of peace. (No vaping).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

36I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 08:00

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I don't think it's an act. Razz

Me neither!

Ok, let's try to untangle this.

TROY is in his rights to be as argumentative as he likes, I can see why others see him as arrogant but I've never found him to be nasty whilst he's been doing this over the number of years that I've crossed swords with him on the forums.

Karly has a right to call out anyone acting like a troll - a troll being someone who posts to get a reaction - Troy certainly got a bite this time!

Telling someone on a forum to get a life/ go kiss a girl/ get yourself laid is pretty basic stuff - so get yourself a girl friend (or even a boy friend) is probably the tamest insult anyone could make!

As for brown nosing what a ridiculous think to say - Karly (and BTID) run the site!!!  They are the only two who know how to work things to make it go (we've not seen Biggie around for months now - good luck to him in whatever he is doing with himself these days).

Ask yourself why would he possibly want to brown nose to me - he already is the boss around here - and what a magnificent job he does too (not forgetting BTID also).

As for Fin and his ramblings -

finlaymcdanger wrote:Seems like you’re a fully signed up prophet to the devine being Sluffy.

What a complete nut job you have become.

You can't seem to handle someone disagreeing with you.

I know in real life you have top job - maybe people are afraid to tell you that you are wrong anymore for fear of not getting promoted or something perhaps?

Maybe you have been used to getting your own way for so long that you've forgotten how to cope when someone says no to you?

Because I didn't say what a wonderful opening post you had made on this thread you've come out with - that I have made 'personal attacks on you' because you 'associate with Breadman' (or I apparently think you do anyway) and now that I'm a divine (with an 'i' not an 'e' as you've spelt it - unless of course you do think I'm devine!) being - a Godhead, a creator - with Karly being my prophet - him playing Jesus to me playing God - if you will!!!

It's just an internet footy forum you plonker!

And finally -

RustyNail wrote:The old tried and tested formula of admin acting like a cock to increase the post count, works wonders once again.

To what end - what exactly do we gain from it?

Say we do get more posts - so what - we don't earn anything from it, we aren't out there telling anyone how busy we are, we don't allow adverts, so we aren't after any clickbate increase or anything - what exactly have we achieved?

Nothing at all really apart from some people getting the hump no doubt.

Probably better to put this thread to bed and we all have a fresh start in the morning.

Everybody ok with that?

Yet you and that Leeds loser had your knickers in a twist with a 'your mum' reply. Make your mind up Sluffy

37I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 10:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Yet you and that Leeds loser had your knickers in a twist with a 'your mum' reply. Make your mind up Sluffy

Draw a line under it and move on mate, it's simply not worth it bearing internet grudges. Being on the receiving end of a few that I suspect have, you should know that better than anyone!

It's all about trying to have a bit of fun here - nothing more.

38I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 13:28

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy,

Yesterday morning I took it upon myself to do a quick bit of research and write an article on here... a small contribution to YOUR site. At the time I obviously didn't have a clue what a bad choice that was.

Less than 24 hours later you're criticising my leadership capabilities and suggesting that the staff I manage, and employ, are afraid of me. One of which posts on here b-t-w.

Now that you've decided to make this personal, I've concluded that I should bow out of the conversation before I retaliate and things potentially turn really nasty between us.

So... you win! Well done! Congratulations! You've said no and I'm listening. Good progress eh?

Do one small thing for me though? Re-read the last line you wrote to Kane57 above because you've made it just the opposite recently. Only in my humble opinion of course - I'm sure you'd disagree.

39I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 14:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

finlaymcdanger wrote:Sluffy,

Yesterday morning I took it upon myself to do a quick bit of research and write an article on here... a small contribution to YOUR site. At the time I obviously didn't have a clue what a bad choice that was.

Less than 24 hours later you're criticising my leadership capabilities and suggesting that the staff I manage, and employ, are afraid of me. One of which posts on here b-t-w.

Now that you've decided to make this personal, I've concluded that I should bow out of the conversation before I retaliate and things potentially turn really nasty between us.

So... you win! Well done! Congratulations! You've said no and I'm listening. Good progress eh?

Do one small thing for me though? Re-read the last line you wrote to Kane57 above because you've made it just the opposite recently. Only in my humble opinion of course - I'm sure you'd disagree.

Stop being such a diva.

It IS supposed to be a bit of fun on here.

If I post something on here and someone says it's bollocks I try and explain my thinking - and sometimes even hold my hand up and say I got it wrong.

I don't come out with stuff like you only say that because I'm mates with someone you banned bollocks - how utterly childish is that?

For the record you're wrong, it's not how I am.

As for me being personal, you've called me a 'condescending prick', that I should 'form my own cult', that I've made many 'personal attacks' on you, 'I'm an angry old man bullshiter', and that I think of myself as some sort of a God (with Karly as my Jesus)!

ALL on just this thread alone!!!

If I've ever posted anything that as upset you (or upset anyone for that matter) then I apologise.  It has never been my intention to upset anyone, ever.

And finally you refer to Nuts being MY forum - it is not - it is OUR forum - I've always been clear about that and that's why people like Karly and BTID (people I've never even met or physically spoken to) have powers on Nuts that are in excess of mine to run it and why no one is banned permanently unless there has been a collective decision by others to do so first.

I'm not God on here - nor wish to be - no matter what you might think.

40I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 14:43

Ad nauseam.

41I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 14:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its been a while since we had a good ruck on here and i have to say i've haven't missed them.

42I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 14:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Stop being such a diva.

I think you're missing the point sluffy. No one is saying you don't have the right to argue your point, it's the abuse you dish out while doing it that people object to.

They expect abuse from me, Johnny, Martin, Scott, Bonce etc because we're just regular posters like everyone else. But this is your site, so people expect you to be above that sort of thing.

It's the equivalent of Parky coming up to me just before the game kicks off and calling me a gobshite. He might be right, but it wouldn't be acceptable.

43I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 15:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Groundhog day.
And it seemed such a harmless thread at the start. I might ask Breaders to mediate.
I'm still trying to get my head around KP as a Jesus figure. Shocked

44I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 15:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I think you're missing the point sluffy. No one is saying you don't have the right to argue your point, it's the abuse you dish out while doing it that people object to.

They expect abuse from me, Johnny, Martin, Scott, Bonce etc because we're just regular posters like everyone else. But this is your site, so people expect you to be above that sort of thing.

It's the equivalent of Parky coming up to me just before the game kicks off and calling me a gobshite. He might be right, but it wouldn't be acceptable.

What abuse though?

Re-read my first post on the thread that caused Fin's initial outburst where is the abuse?

I can't believe the negative souls on here - is that abusive?

look at the context man - is that abusive?

Christ mate get a grip - is that abusive?

There was certainly no abuse intended from me - nor do I believe any was given.

It led directly to me being called 'a condescending prick' who should form my 'own cult' - which I think most would accept that to be abusive - no?

It's not like I'm new on the forum our anything - I've posted the way I have for 6 years and over 12,000 posts - people must know my style by now surely?

I've apologised if I've upset anyone it never was my intention.

I don't have an axe to grind with anyone - what's the point in having one anyway?

Life's to short.

45I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 15:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ok, perhaps "abuse" was too strong a word.

But to Fin's original post you replied:

Sluffy wrote:Jesus I simply can't believe how many negative souls we have on here!

Christ mate get a grip.

Surely a better way to respond would have been something like.....good post Fin but I disagree because etc etc.

I absolutely guarantee that if Kane or Reebok Trotter had posted the original post you would have responded in a much more reserved manner.

Like it or not, you are the figurehead of this site and people will take what you say far more personally than any abuse I or anyone else gives them. And at a time when we need every poster we can get, I don't see how responding in this manner helps matters.

46I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 15:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

As if you left me out of your list..

47I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 16:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, big mistake on my part.

Apologies, you are an abusive bellend as well.

48I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 16:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ok, perhaps "abuse" was too strong a word.

But to Fin's original post you replied:

Sluffy wrote:Jesus I simply can't believe how many negative souls we have on here!

Christ mate get a grip.

Surely a better way to respond would have been something like.....good post Fin but I disagree because etc etc.

I absolutely guarantee that if Kane or Reebok Trotter had posted the original post you would have responded in a much more reserved manner.

Like it or not, you are the figurehead of this site and people will take what you say far more personally than any abuse I or anyone else gives them. And at a time when we need every poster we can get, I don't see how responding in this manner helps matters.

To be honest I don't believe anyone would find anything wrong in someone pointing out the obvious - that we do have many negative souls on here - or that saying to someone to 'get a grip' is in anyway patronising whether it came from you, me or the man in the moon.

And of course I would have said the same to Kane or RT - it's not as though I've actually said anything to be ashamed of or that was even remotely contentious.

As for being the site's figurehead, I doubt most people see me like that - certainly not with all the abuse that as come my way since Nuts started.

I simply try to put things back as fair and as reasonably as I can when things crop up and listen to what others may say.  It's not an exclusive or executive position, anyone can stand up and say what they think - it's just usually left to me to do so more often than not.

I've always done it in the open, seldom if ever delete posts or lock threads and give fair and honest reasons of how I see things - anyone can do that.

So if anyone wants to be the site's figurehead and sort out all the shit when it happens then please feel free to do so.

I certainly never asked to be it.

49I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Sun Feb 18 2018, 20:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to agree with Nat on this one Sluffy, you do respond differently to some posters and can come across as patronising at times. Like it or not people do see you as the person who owns the site whether you do or not and that does carry some responsibility when responding to other posters.

You always say nuts is paid for the next 3 years but it will be pointless if no one actually posts on here.

50I love Goooooooals! - Page 3 Empty Re: I love Goooooooals! Mon Feb 19 2018, 08:28

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

All this reminds me of folk who go to football matches only to spend more time goading and abusing opposition fans and stewards rather than watching the game. Mind you, they probably find heated arguments more entertaining and rousing than the tepid stuff served up on the pitch, judging by last Saturday's performance!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum