Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where is the love?

+8
Copper Dragon
largehat
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Where is the love? Empty Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

If we really are in a relegation battle then where is the passion in the crowd? We get back to 1-1 today at the Reebok and clap and cheer as usual. Then we go quiet again. Then we have a ten minute spell of "we are the one and only..." in the second half - but that's about all.

When I got in from the game I caught the end of the QPR/Spurs game - QPR won, as you know. But what got me was the way the fans celebrated the win like they won the cup.

If we won would would have clapped a bit but not celebrated our potential survival. It's like we are either resigned to going down or nobody really believes we are in the bottom three.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think its very hard to maintain an air of optimism, when right from the first game of the season, we have been used to defeats, serious injuries, and a manager who thinks everything can be fixed by being 'positive'. Maybe they've just had enough ?

3Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't the terrible disappointment all part of being a Wanderers fan ? I have followed Wanderers over 30 years and I still can't make my mind up as to whether there have been more highs than lows.

4Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:56

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The lows seem to stay with you longer than the highs. When we lose I sometimes think of an old Ripping Yarns episode called Golden Gordon where the poor fan comes home after an 8-1 defeat ("Eight One - Eight bloody One! - And even that were an own goal!") and destroys all the furniture. You would have to be a millionaire to do that this season.

Coyle out - even though I know we are stuck with the useless bastard until god knows when.

5Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think it's the face we have no love it's just we have been seeing piss poor performances for a good part of 5 years now.

It's like a fire drill at work, it's just run of the mill crap now a days, everyone knows the drill.

A season or two in the championship fighting for the play offs wouldn't do us any harm to be honest.

6Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:I don't think it's the face we have no love it's just we have been seeing piss poor performances for a good part of 5 years now.

It's like a fire drill at work, it's just run of the mill crap now a days, everyone knows the drill.

A season or two in the championship fighting for the play offs wouldn't do us any harm to be honest.

What makes you think this is going to happen?

Just four years ago Portsmouth won the FA Cup - today they got relegated to the third division.

Our debt is bigger than theirs ever was - and soon we will be losing a massive amount of Sky money - even after what we will get as a parachute payment is taken into consideration.

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:33; edited 1 time in total

7Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And what makes you think we will be

a) fighting for anything, and

b) in contention for the play offs?

8Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:32

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sluffy wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I don't think it's the face we have no love it's just we have been seeing piss poor performances for a good part of 5 years now.

What makes you think this is going to happen?

Don't spoil my night even more Sluff, it's the only positive thing about bwfc I have to cling onto right now. Sad

9Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sorry mate, it isn't easy for me either and I've seen us relegated many times before.

The big difference though is that this time it could have been easy to avoid it if we hadn't got Coyle cocking everything up from signings and selections, to tactics and training - in fact just about everything!

It's almost as though the club wanted Coyle to take us down!

10Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Aye, never seen us relegated, well I have but just not as a season ticket holder.

Even our first season up in the prem in 1998/99, did we go down with such a whimper with a cluless manager?

11Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:54

Q.When we got promoted in 2001, which club came down from the Premier league? A. Bradford City. They are now 18th in league two. I'm sure when they got relegated they envisaged they would have a season or two in the championship fighting for the play offs.

12Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 00:21

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Do you not think we are a slightly bigger club than Bradford City?

13Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 00:30

largehat wrote:Do you not think we are a slightly bigger club than Bradford City?

At this moment in time obviously we are a bigger club than Bradford, things change and if we get into a downward spiral then who knows what the future holds....................................we've not even been relegated from the premier league yet and I've got us relegated to the Blue Square Premiership. Think it's time to stop drinking.

14Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 00:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We were not such a big club when the likes of Scarborough were beating us in the fourth division and that wasn't many years ago.

Leeds United and Manchester City have been in the third division that much recently.

Are Swansea a bigger club than us - and they spanked our bottoms at our place today?

10 players out of contract and little / no money to replace them - think we might be looking out for frees and loans next season - will that make us a big club?

We are on the wane - Coyle's not helped at all. £7 million of strikers sat on the bench for a most win game with Kevin Davies and Eagles given the responsibility to save us - is that a mark of a big club?

15Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 00:50

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We are a bigger club than Bradford City by any measure you care to name. They had only been in the PL for two seasons - the first involving a miracle escape on the last day - when they went down. I'm not saying it is beyond the realms of fantasy for us to end up in league two, just bloody pessimistic.

16Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 00:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Big Club Bollocks it's all bollocks.

In my lifetime Chelsea have never been a big club (whatever that means). Maybe an arms dealer/mafia boss from Russia makes them a big club.

If you like a lot of chocolate on your biscuit join our club.

17Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 01:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Do you want me to use a different phrase to express that we are less likely to end up in league two than Bradford City? We have 'more resources'. We have 'a bigger fan base'. We have 'better facilities'. We have 'a richer history'. We have 'a wealthier owner'. We have 'better pedigree at the highest level'. Take your pick.

18Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 01:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

largehat wrote:Do you want me to use a different phrase to express that we are less likely to end up in league two than Bradford City? We have 'more resources'. We have 'a bigger fan base'. We have 'better facilities'. We have 'a richer history'. We have 'a wealthier owner'. We have 'better pedigree at the highest level'. Take your pick.

All of that was true prior to 1987 also.

It didn't stop us playing in 'league two' and Bradford playing in a higher division.

19Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 02:12

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You're right Sluffy, which is why I am not ruling league two out, I'm simply saying the comparison with Bradford is not the most realistic. If someone said Charlton or Norwich I probably wouldn't have even commented on it. League Two is the doomsday scenario, we have spent one season there since 1874 so can we put things in perspective please.

20Where is the love? Empty Re: Where is the love? Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Talk of League Two is of course ridiculous but my biggest concern is that I see no way that we are going to get back in the Prem if/when we get relegated. Coyle may have got Burnley promoted but having endured the last year of Coyle cock ups on every front I simply do not believe he will get us anywhere except mid-table mediocrity next year in the Championship.

Even Megson kept us up. Embarassed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum