Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Norwich

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Norwich Empty What Parkinson Thought - Norwich Sun Feb 25 2018, 10:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers picked up a hard-earned point away at Norwich City in their latest Sky Bet Championship clash on Saturday afternoon.

The hosts enjoyed the majority of possession in the clash, but couldn't find a breakthrough as the Whites stood firm and put in a resolute performance to ensure that they took a share of the spoils back up north with them.

And speaking after the final whistle, manager Phil Parkinson covered the following points…

On picking up a good away point courtesy of a stellar performance…

It’s a very good point for us in what was a tough game and I thought we got better as the match wore on.

Norwich are a good side and we’ve taken four points off them this season now which is a good return.

We expected them to play three at the back with a 3-4-1-2, but a late injury for them saw them revert to a back four.

We stuck with our shape though and got pulled around a bit in that first period – and we accept that – but we changed it to a 4-3-3/4-5-1 in the second half and I thought the lads adapted to it really well.

Systems are important, but the way in which they applied themselves was tremendous.

On the impact of our substitutes…

It was very good today, the way the lads made an impact from the bench. Alby [Aaron Wilbraham] came on and although he was disappointed that he didn’t start today, he didn’t show it and did a good job after a good shift from Alfie.

Derik then came on and did well, while we were pleased with Jon Flanagan on his first appearance.

We’ve had to be patient with Jon, but he came on and almost got us the winner with a great ball to Alby.

On returning skipper Darren Pratley’s performance…

Darren was immense today. To come and play after seven weeks out without an Under-23 game, not many players could have done what he did today.

First half, he was finding his feet a bit after so long out, but in the second half he just got better and better and to do the whole 90 minutes is a great tribute to him.

On Reece Burke taking an unfamiliar midfield role…

I thought Reece was excellent and did very well in that role. He was up against James Maddison who is a £20/30 million talented player, but he adapted and got stronger and stronger as the game wore on.

On securing another clean sheet…

It’s important for everyone – clean sheets are always hard earned and we have a saying away from home that you cannot carry anybody – there are to be no passengers, and there certainly wasn’t today.

On the fans’ appreciation following the final whistle…

We know how much money the fans pay to follow and support us and we’re extremely pleased that we’ve been able to reward that today.

Like myself and the staff, they’ll certainly be proud of what they’ve seen today.

Finally, on having a free week in the run up to Preston at home next Saturday…

I think it’s important that we have this free week – we’ve had a tough schedule of late with midweek fixtures.

This week will give us the opportunity however to get back out on the training ground and give a couple of the lads a rest that need it – and certainly deserve it after today – all in preparation for Preston next weekend which will be a terrific game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum