Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Norwich

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Parkinson Thought - Norwich Empty What Parkinson Thought - Norwich Mon Dec 10 2018, 08:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers fell to a heart breaking 3-2 defeat away at Norwich City in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday afternoon.

The home side took a two goal lead through Mario Vrancic and Marco Stiepermann, before Sammy Ameobi responded with a Wanderers goal of his own just after the hour mark.

Mark Beevers equalised for Phil Parkinson’s men with two minutes of normal time to spare, before Teemu Pukki smashed in the winner for the Canaries in added time following a Sammy Ameobi red card.

When speaking to bwfc.co.uk after the game, the manager covered these topics.

On the manner of the loss, conceding late on…

“It hurts to take the team at the top of the league so close and lose with the virtual last kick of the game.”

“I thought it was an excellent performance. In the first half, we had some good chances, certainly in the early exchanges.

“They’ve scored a goal with a bit of quality. The second was a bit disappointing with as we overplayed with it.

“In saying that, the lads could have rolled over at that point and got beaten by three or four, because Norwich can do that to teams.

“But they didn’t. They dug deeper and got it back to 2-2 but one split second moment where their key striker has reacted to the ball on the edge of the box and sent it into the back of the net.

“It is a very quiet dressing room as you can imagine.

On giving credit to the side despite the result…

“They implemented what we asked the lads to do today.”

“We created chances and had good moments and obviously know that Norwich have some talent.

“We have taken the team atop the division right to the wire and we should be talking about a point.

“It is hugely frustrating but we need to reproduce that level of performance we put out there today in other fixtures.”

On the manner of the final goal conceding…

“Well Sammy has got sent off and whether that has affected our focus, I don’t know.”

“The lad who scored it is their top goal scorer for them and been quiet for the majority of the game.

“But that is what really good marksmen do. They have one chance and they take it.

On positives to be taken from the performance…

“There is absolutely no doubt that in terms of overall manner of performance today that there are positives.”

“But, we are disappointed we didn’t see the game through.

“However, we should have had a penalty. Sammy has been pushed in the box which is as clear as can be. I saw it in real time and watched it back to back that up.

“I thought Sammy’s sending off was harsh. I thought it was difficult to pinpoint who committed the foul, as it was just a tussle in the middle of the pitch.

“It had happened in other instances over the pitch which didn’t result in yellow cards.

“I think the referee has done us no favours.”

On picking ourselves up after the defeat…

“It always hurt when you get beat but it is the nature of the profession we are in.”

“We just have to pick ourselves up on Monday morning and get ready to go again against Leeds United.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum