Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lame school trips

+7
aaron_bwfc
Numpty 28723
Angry Dad
Dunkels King
xmiles
doffcocker
largehat
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lame school trips Empty Lame school trips Wed Aug 15 2012, 23:06

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I went on some lame school trips when I was at school. Some of them I even went on without even thinking about what they would actually involve. It was just something to do, so I went on them.

Battlefields of World War I

I went on a battlefields school trip to France and Belgium. It was a full week. We got a coach to Belgium. The best part was being on a coach with all my mates and getting the ferry across the Channel. We really did do nothing else for five days other than visit war graves and fields that were battlefields. The highlight - which we had all be told to buy and bring wellies and waterproof clothing for - was a visit to an actual WWI trench. It was a really hot and sunny day, you could have navigated this trench in a pair of flip flops with a surfboard under your arm. It was shit.

Water Treatment Works, Ringley

We were taken on a trip to a place where shit and piss are converted into the stuff that comes out of your tap when you are thirsty or want to brush your teeth. It was the first time I've ever seen used condoms. I also got to see used tampons. It was awkward for the teachers. The place stank of both piss and shit.

Alton Towers

My secondary school organised an annual trip to Alton Towers right at the end of the Summer term each year. Unless you were banned from the trip for being very naughty, in which case you essentially spent that day playing football and what not, the whole school went. The talk of the school for weeks in advance would be what groups people were "going round Alton Towers with". It was very political and there was definitely a social hierarchy. Anyway, the first year we went, I found out the hard way that my body just does not enjoy being spun round at very high speeds. I felt as sick as a dog after going on 'Gravitron' and threw up in 'Cinema 2000'. It took me a couple of hours to stop spewing and feel normal again, by which it was time to get on the cable car back to the coach park and go back to Bolton.

Did you go on any lame school trips when you were at school? I have a couple more to share but don't want to hog all the stories.

2Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Wed Aug 15 2012, 23:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chester Zoo, Smithills Hall, Wigan Pier, Manchester Airport, Burrs Activity Park, Manchester 'German' Market.

I've basically named all the trips I can recall going on because they're all pretty pointless. And as largehat says, I hated all the talk of who would be chumming up with who on the trips.

3Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Wed Aug 15 2012, 23:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Chester Zoo sounds fun, doffcocker. What was lame about that?

4Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Wed Aug 15 2012, 23:26

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:Chester Zoo sounds fun, doffcocker. What was lame about that?

You're right, it was great. In fact, I take back my last post - they were all fun in a way.

5Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 00:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I remember being taken to see the ballet once. It was completely wasted on me. I think I was 11 at the time.

6Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 11:13

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Stratford on Avon to see "The Merchant of Venice" stands out, although we did get let loose for a few hours and found a pub happy to serve us !

7Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 11:54

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Went to Hayfield and across the peaks got foggy got seperated from my class and jumped over a wall into a load of ripped apart dead sheep. When i eventually staggered upon my class by chance covered in sheeps blood looking like something from a horror film in the fog all the girls were screaming fucking funny. We were lost in the dark, my mother was not best pleased with the teacher the next day.

8Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 12:00

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Went on a geography trip to see Malham Cove one time. The coach pulled up in the local village and when everyone piled off three of us dawdled at the back then nipped into the local pub.

Everyone else went trudging up the mountain while we got stuck into a full afternoon's drinking. When they all came down we just got back on the coach behind everybody and back home again happier than when we set off.

Never a day goes by when I don't wonder what Malham Cove looks like though.

9Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 12:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

doffcocker wrote:Wigan Pier...

My first ever school trip, what a day that was, being told off for not paying attention by some smart arse actor pretending to be a teacher!

No real bad school trips but I was once mis lead on a trip on holiday once, saying a trip to the nou camp....we went but sadly they didn't mention we had to stop at some bed making place and how they stuff the matress and pillows first, it was a long 2 hours! Sad

10Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 13:23

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

France twice (2nd time managed to get on Channel 4 via TF1 thanks to Tour De France!)

Guernsey - nice island, decent beaches and decent women, pity about the pseudo french-english accents!

Malham Cove - Geography field trip (I remember a group sneaking off to the village pub!)

North Wales - predominantly Anglesey..... Geography field trip and don't ask about Trefor!!!

Austria - skiing trip - arrived New Years Eve and took a couple of days to recover before being allowed to ski!

11Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 14:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Used to get a choice of either Drayton Manor or Alton Towers every summer.

absolutely awesome back then.

12Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 14:44

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

School trips were lame. All the kids wanted to go somewhere fun like a theme park but the head of year always said it should be something educational. So we would end up at facking Beamish or The Great Yorkshire Show. The Yorkshire Show was bloody awful, just lots of agricultural machinery, some cows and there was always some horse show in this stadium where you had to pay even more to go and watch. God it was shit.

13Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 16:05

I remember we went on a trip to the tip/recycling centre once, not quite sure why. Also went to some random football match at Old Trafford Argentina v Russia, I think it was 1-1.

14Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 16:52

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:I went on some lame school trips when I was at school. Some of them I even went on without even thinking about what they would actually involve. It was just something to do, so I went on them.

Battlefields of World War I

I went on a battlefields school trip to France and Belgium. It was a full week. We got a coach to Belgium. The best part was being on a coach with all my mates and getting the ferry across the Channel. We really did do nothing else for five days other than visit war graves and fields that were battlefields. The highlight - which we had all be told to buy and bring wellies and waterproof clothing for - was a visit to an actual WWI trench. It was a really hot and sunny day, you could have navigated this trench in a pair of flip flops with a surfboard under your arm. It was shit.

Water Treatment Works, Ringley

We were taken on a trip to a place where shit and piss are converted into the stuff that comes out of your tap when you are thirsty or want to brush your teeth. It was the first time I've ever seen used condoms. I also got to see used tampons. It was awkward for the teachers. The place stank of both piss and shit.

Alton Towers

My secondary school organised an annual trip to Alton Towers right at the end of the Summer term each year. Unless you were banned from the trip for being very naughty, in which case you essentially spent that day playing football and what not, the whole school went. The talk of the school for weeks in advance would be what groups people were "going round Alton Towers with". It was very political and there was definitely a social hierarchy. Anyway, the first year we went, I found out the hard way that my body just does not enjoy being spun round at very high speeds. I felt as sick as a dog after going on 'Gravitron' and threw up in 'Cinema 2000'. It took me a couple of hours to stop spewing and feel normal again, by which it was time to get on the cable car back to the coach park and go back to Bolton.

Did you go on any lame school trips when you were at school? I have a couple more to share but don't want to hog all the stories.

Larghat... do you mind if i ask how old you are?

when i was in secondary school I went on EXACTLY the same trips... I liked battlefields though.

I also went skiing - that was fun.

15Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 16:58

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I'm 34. For about another three weeks anyway.

16Lame school trips Empty Re: Lame school trips Thu Aug 16 2012, 17:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I'm 34. For about another three weeks anyway.

Im 27, jesus, schools aint changed much in our times!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum