Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016/7 Annual Accounts released

+4
wanderlust
Kane57
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

212016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Fri Mar 23 2018, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It is indeed an opinion, and one which makes some valid points of concern which are likely to remain in place until we find out what Anderson is really up to. TBF to the author, it is presented as "an alternative perspective" and that's a healthy state of affairs given Anderson's history as it would be completely idiotic to accept the spin of a proven liar and asset-stripper as fact.

222016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Fri Mar 23 2018, 21:40

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No matter your political or sexual persuasion (since both are in question with some bloggers), be thankful that KA stepped up to the plate when Deano's partner dropped out. We could easily be in League Two this season having been wound up if KA didn't assume his position.  Did he outfox DeanO?  Who cares.  Did he, with Eddie's largesse (the real number will never be known) almost balance the books?  Did KA manage to keep us alive, albeit by selling our top two players, but indeed, we are still here!  Did KA reduce the incredibly stupid salaries that did not allow for relegation buy outs?  Is KA entitled to his fair share for doing all of this?  Yes sir!  Is KA entitled to sell the club for a huge profit?  Yes sir!  I don't think we would be doing this well if DeanO and company had kept the club with his original partner.  DeanO did not show business acumen that is needed.  KA cannot be faulted for keeping us in business and for taking DeanO to the cleaners.  KA cannot be faulted for not spending money on the club... but if we do stay up... he has accomplished his goal and within reason, the goal of many of us.  Balance the books and manage to survive the Championship.  After eleven games, we were a thousand to one shot of staying up.  Today, we are a 5% shot at going down.  As my eleven to 38 game analysis shows, we have outplayed every club around us... from 9 points better to 16 points better. A couple of more wins should see us safe... and hopefully KA makes a bundle by selling to someone with money to invest in us.  Unless we see such investment, we will never see the EPL again. For me, I'm truly happy that it appears we will survive... placement in this league is not important... as long as you finish above the bottom three.  So, thank you KA... and I hope you make a bundle now... and leave some on the table for some fresh blood for us.

Last edited by observer on Fri Mar 23 2018, 23:35; edited 2 times in total

232016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Fri Mar 23 2018, 23:23

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

observer wrote:No matter your political or sexual persuasion (since both are in question with some bloggers), be thankful that KA stepped up to the plate when Deano's partner dropped out. We could easily be in League Two this season having been wound up if KA didn't assume his position.  Did he outfox DeanO?  Who cares.  Did he, with Eddie's largesse (the real number will never be known) almost balance the books?  Did KA manage to keep us alive, albeit by selling our top two players, but indeed, we are still here!  Did KA reduce the incredibly stupid salaries that did not allow for relegation buy outs?  Is KA entitled to his fair share for doing all of this?  Yes sir!  Is KA entitled to sell the club for a huge profit?  Yes sir!  I don't think we would be doing this well if DeanO and company had kept the club with his original partner.  DeanO did note show business acumen that is needed.  KA cannot be faulted for keeping us in business and for taking DeanO to the cleaners.  KA cannot be faulted for not spending money on the club... but if we do stay up... he has accomplished his goal and within reason, the goal of many of us.  Balance the books and manage to survive the Championship.  After eleven games, we were a thousand to one shot of staying up.  Today, we are a 5% shot at going down.  As my eleven to 38 game analysis shows, we have outplayed every club around us... from 9 points better to 16 points better. A couple of more wins should see us safe... and hopefully KA makes a bundle by selling to someone with money to invest in us.  Unless we see such investment, we will never see the EPL again. For me, I'm truly happy that appears we will survive... placement in this league is not important... as long as you finish above the bottom three.  So, thank you KA... and I hope you make a bundle now... and leave some on the table for some fresh blood for us.

:clap:

Well said Obs.

Shame Wanderlust is too far into his hatred of Anderson to even realise the long list of people who obviously have a high regard for the man such as - Eddie Davies who continues to basically still underwrite the club by having a £10 million 'soft loan' he refuses to call in, Warburton and Prescott's who haven't pushed for payment of their loans even though the due by dates have passed, the liquidator of Holdsworth company who in his professional judgement sold Holdsworth half share of the club's ownership to Ken, the EFL who in their professional wisdom have allowed the club to exit the long standing embargo, HMRC who have come to a mutual agreement with Anderson over providing a personal bond over future tax payments, the auditors who have signed off the accounts for the last three seasons as being true and accurate (albeit they can't state categorically that we are a going concern - even though we are still here three annual audited accounts later!).

I could go on but I think I've made my point.

Instead Wanderlust would rather continually put his trust in people's gossip (who he's never met, nor even know if they actually know what they are talking about) - on social media sites.

He's heard Anderson is a baddie by esteemed bodies such as the ST (have they disbanded?) and the LoV blog site (which I must say as gone down the tubes massively since Kane/Chris left - and it wasn't highly regarded by many back then!).

I guess once a moonman, always a moonman applies here in respect of Wanderlust's unadulterated hatred of our current owner - without any justification during his current tenure of the club from day one to now.

Anderson has done a fantastic job - as Observer points out in his post above.

How bitter and negative can anyone be not to be able to credit Anderson for what he's done so far - and what he continues to do?

242016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Sat Mar 24 2018, 12:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
observer wrote:No matter your political or sexual persuasion (since both are in question with some bloggers), be thankful that KA stepped up to the plate when Deano's partner dropped out. We could easily be in League Two this season having been wound up if KA didn't assume his position.  Did he outfox DeanO?  Who cares.  Did he, with Eddie's largesse (the real number will never be known) almost balance the books?  Did KA manage to keep us alive, albeit by selling our top two players, but indeed, we are still here!  Did KA reduce the incredibly stupid salaries that did not allow for relegation buy outs?  Is KA entitled to his fair share for doing all of this?  Yes sir!  Is KA entitled to sell the club for a huge profit?  Yes sir!  I don't think we would be doing this well if DeanO and company had kept the club with his original partner.  DeanO did note show business acumen that is needed.  KA cannot be faulted for keeping us in business and for taking DeanO to the cleaners.  KA cannot be faulted for not spending money on the club... but if we do stay up... he has accomplished his goal and within reason, the goal of many of us.  Balance the books and manage to survive the Championship.  After eleven games, we were a thousand to one shot of staying up.  Today, we are a 5% shot at going down.  As my eleven to 38 game analysis shows, we have outplayed every club around us... from 9 points better to 16 points better. A couple of more wins should see us safe... and hopefully KA makes a bundle by selling to someone with money to invest in us.  Unless we see such investment, we will never see the EPL again. For me, I'm truly happy that appears we will survive... placement in this league is not important... as long as you finish above the bottom three.  So, thank you KA... and I hope you make a bundle now... and leave some on the table for some fresh blood for us.

:clap:

Well said Obs.

Shame Wanderlust is too far into his hatred of Anderson to even realise the long list of people who obviously have a high regard for the man such as - Eddie Davies who continues to basically still underwrite the club by having a £10 million 'soft loan' he refuses to call in, Warburton and Prescott's who haven't pushed for payment of their loans even though the due by dates have passed, the liquidator of Holdsworth company who in his professional judgement sold Holdsworth half share of the club's ownership to Ken, the EFL who in their professional wisdom have allowed the club to exit the long standing embargo, HMRC who have come to a mutual agreement with Anderson over providing a personal bond over future tax payments, the auditors who have signed off the accounts for the last three seasons as being true and accurate (albeit they can't state categorically that we are a going concern - even though we are still here three annual audited accounts later!).

I could go on but I think I've made my point.

Instead Wanderlust would rather continually put his trust in people's gossip (who he's never met, nor even know if they actually know what they are talking about) - on social media sites.

He's heard Anderson is a baddie by esteemed bodies such as the ST (have they disbanded?) and the LoV blog site (which I must say as gone down the tubes massively since Kane/Chris left - and it wasn't highly regarded by many back then!).

I guess once a moonman, always a moonman applies here in respect of Wanderlust's unadulterated hatred of our current owner - without any justification during his current tenure of the club from day one to now.

Anderson has done a fantastic job - as Observer points out in his post above.

How bitter and negative can anyone be not to be able to credit Anderson for what he's done so far - and what he continues to do?

What bollocks. Why would anyone credit him for a performance that nobody yet understands?
There is absolutely no way of knowing if we'd have been better off or worse off without Anderson.
And given the accounts, there is nothing to suggest that he's doing a good job or a bad job.
What we do know for sure at this stage is that he is untrustworthy. I'm not begrudging him the £575,000.00 he was paid last year or his insistence on taking money out of the business at a time when a more responsible owner might be putting money in, but he's been removed and banned from Directorships before and and until we know the full story, judgement on his performance should be reserved.

Judgement on his character is long since in though. There's a difference.

252016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Sat Mar 24 2018, 13:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This has been my view from the start. I decided to shut up about it for fear of another homily.

Despite what's gone on in the past,and I have to agree with Ken on this,much credit,through gritted teeth or not,should also go to ED.

262016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Sat Mar 24 2018, 14:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:How bitter and negative can anyone be not to be able to credit Anderson for what he's done so far - and what he continues to do?

What bollocks. Why would anyone credit him for a performance that nobody yet understands?
There is absolutely no way of knowing if we'd have been better off or worse off without Anderson.
And given the accounts, there is nothing to suggest that he's doing a good job or a bad job.
What we do know for sure at this stage is that he is untrustworthy. I'm not begrudging him the £575,000.00 he was paid last year or his insistence on taking money out of the business at a time when a more responsible owner might be putting money in, but he's been removed and banned from Directorships before and and until we know the full story, judgement on his performance should be reserved.

Let's deal with reality instead of your morbid and fixated imagination.

Are you saying once someone's done something wrong and served their time they can never be trust ever, ever, ever, ever again?  

Both British law and Companies House say differently but you know better than them?

Also, where are all these millionaires willing to throw their money at Bolton since Davies put the club up for sale for just a pound been hiding out then?

If Anderson was only here for a quick profit wouldn't he have snatched their hands off by now instead of putting 'perceived' obstacles in their way to keep them at bay?  Or maybe there haven't been any other than tyre kickers like the bloke who once had a mobile phone shop on Halliwell Road that went bust!

As for 'nothing suggesting he's done well'?

We've actually progressed both financially and on the pitch during Anderson's time - when by all accounts football progress is directly linked to how much the club is willing to spent.

In football terms the blokes achieve something akin to a miracle so far then! are still financially alive and kicking (including being promoted and odds on to survive this season) whilst having no money so to speak of to survive over the last two years!

(Lets also kill off these rumours about him selling our best two players too - Clough is nothing more than another struggling Championship reserve team player and Holding just another one of Wenger's poor judgement 'cheap' option purchases now languishing in their reserves.

Both of whom would never, ever have become world beaters for us - and thus become incredibly more valuable to buy - if they stayed on with us for a few seasons more).

Try living in the real world for a change instead of inside your little bubble.

272016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Sat Mar 24 2018, 14:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:How bitter and negative can anyone be not to be able to credit Anderson for what he's done so far - and what he continues to do?

Let's deal with reality instead of your vivid imagination.

Are you saying once someone's done something wrong and served their time they can never be trust ever, ever, ever, ever again?  
Quite the opposite. Anderson has every chance to prove that he's not doing to BWFC what he did to those other businesses he robbed, and if he does I'll be delighted to take him at face value. 
Problem is that he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's changed (as yet) so until that time I'll reserve the right to healthy skepticism.
But I certainly won't take his spin at face value and I'd suggest you do the same until we know the full facts.

282016/7 Annual Accounts released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016/7 Annual Accounts released Sat Mar 24 2018, 14:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Let's deal with reality instead of your vivid imagination.

Quite the opposite. Anderson has every chance to prove that he's not doing to BWFC what he did to those other businesses he robbed, and if he does I'll be delighted to take him at face value. 
Problem is that he hasn't shown anything to suggest he's changed (as yet) so until that time I'll reserve the right to healthy skepticism.
But I certainly won't take his spin at face value and I'd suggest you do the same until we know the full facts.

Seems to me you are very strongly implying that Anderson is a 'robber'.

I hope for your sake his solicitors are not reading this.

Don't you 'get' that ALL legal, financial and business institutions that have dealt with him at Bolton over the last two years have found him trustworthy - this incudes the courts, liquidators, the sports governing body, HMRC, the clubs long term benefactor and those who are currently owed millions to - even with their debt being currently being outstanding!?

But you are obviously wiser than all of those and know better.

You've never even met the man ffs, let alone had dealings with him!

I suggest for your own sake you become careful of what allegations and innuendos you make in the future about Anderson unless you have some hard proof to back them up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum