Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darren Pratley could miss Millwall clash for Whites

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Darren Pratley is unlikely to return to the reckoning for Wanderers for their crunch home clash with Millwall on Tuesday.

The club skipper, who has been out of action since limping out of the victory against Aston Villa before the international break, has been rated as a major doubt by Phil Parkinson.

Pratley has suffered two broken legs in the past two years – and it was feared a third break had occurred when he was involved in a training ground collision last month.

Scans showed no fracture but nerve damage has hampered his ability to train, and two painkilling injections have also failed to help.

Parkinson explained: “Darren Pratley was close Tuesday but then we sent him for another jab and he didn’t feel any better.

“As I am speaking at the moment – and I haven’t spoken to him today – but I would say he’s a big doubt.”

Wanderers are also likely to be without Fil Morais, who has suffered a thigh injury against Leeds United.

It has also been reported new addition Chinedu Obasi has suffered a groin injury, and so will not be available for selection.

Phil Parkinson is hoping for a quick reaction from his team against Millwall after feeling defensive standards have slipped in the last few games.

“From now on in we have got to be more resilient in keeping the ball out of our net because in the last few games the goals have been too soft," he said.

“Are we suddenly going to become a free-scoring, prolific team, probably not. But we need to show better concentration levels at the start of the game."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum