Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Should Wembley Stadium be sold?

Should Wembley Stadium be sold?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 13:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
On the plus side we might see England games around the country and maybe a NFL team based full time in London.

On the minus side - a break in tradition.

What do you think?

2Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 14:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I would sell it, think of what the FA can do for grassroots football with that much money! All those extra coaches and 4G pitches would make a massive difference to kids football.

England going to play at different grounds was very popular when Wembley was being rebuilt and as an American football lover it would be treat to see an NFL franchise in London.

3Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 14:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't say I'm bothered. Tradition seems to have been overtaken by money anyway. Games kicking off at 7.45 on a Saturday night,or whatever other time suits the broadcasters.
England should have a Northern base,a midland base,and Wembley,with games shared between the three.

4Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 14:26

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Thought the proposed deal would ensure that England continue to play at Wembley?
As for "tradition" the stadium is only 10 years old so any break with tradition happened already.
Definitely a case of take the money if that figure is actually agreed.

5Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 20:50

wessy

wessy
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Football is our national sport, Wembley is the home of English Football. Do you think the Yanks would let Football/Soccer to take over their national sport? never.

If you think the money would spill down to grass roots then your deluded , we would probably end up building a new venue, yes its good that England travel the country but we have to have a home venue and that's Wembley.

So piss off yanks and for me American football bores the arse off me, 15 minutes takes for ever and other than the quarterback it's just a load of guys in crash helmets tackling.

6Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 21:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
@wessy wrote:for me American football bores the arse off me, 15 minutes takes for ever and other than the quarterback it's just a load of guys in crash helmets tackling.
Never a truer word spoken.

7Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 21:17

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Olympic stadium went to Wet Spam for peanuts, Wembley should go too. The FA then need to decide if they are a footballing organisation or property developers. You can bet a pound to a pinch of crap that the Fulham guy will make a fortune if he gets his hands on it. Much like the Dome (O2) which struggled until the French bloke took it on and now it makes an absolute fortune. Arsenal, Tottenham, Manur and Citeh have big enough stadiums which could be rotated around. As for grass roots footie, the FA over the years have had ample opportunities for improving grass roots footie but they aren't interested.

8Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 21:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@wessy wrote:Football is our national sport, Wembley is the home of English Football. Do you think the Yanks would let Football/Soccer to take over their national sport? never.

If you think the money would spill down to grass roots then your deluded , we would probably end up building a new venue, yes its good that England travel the country but we have to have a home venue and that's Wembley.

So piss off yanks and for me American football bores the arse off me, 15 minutes takes for ever and other than the quarterback it's just a load of guys in crash helmets tackling.
Completely agree mate!

9Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 22:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well Norpig and I like NFL. As does that Travelodge bloke,whoever he is.

Not many sports could fill Wembley twice over. The appeal is there.

10Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 22:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I’m quite surprised that he’s been able to contain himself with just 4 posts. Very Happy

11Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 22:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:I’m quite surprised that he’s been able to contain himself with just 4 posts. Very Happy
He's busy with the insurance claim on the chip van. (Not my fault)

I told him sandwiches were the way forward,but he's too stubborn to listen. He wouldn't listen when I warned him about buying teeth from a catalogue either. Now whenever he talks,dogs appear from nowhere.
There's no dealing with him.

12Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 22:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Bollotom2014 wrote:Olympic stadium went to Wet Spam for peanuts, Wembley should go too. The FA then need to decide if they are a footballing organisation or property developers. You can bet a pound to a pinch of crap that the Fulham guy will make a fortune if he gets his hands on it. Much like the Dome (O2) which struggled until the French bloke took it on and now it makes an absolute fortune. Arsenal, Tottenham, Manur and Citeh have big enough stadiums which could be rotated around. As for grass roots footie, the FA over the years have had ample opportunities for improving grass roots footie but they aren't interested.

:agree:

13Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Fri Apr 27 2018, 22:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Why not use West ham for NFL games? I went when we played them in the League Cup and apart from the stadium it's a pretty desolate place. Not a single pub within a mile of the ground and no atmosphere. At least Upton Park had a football feel about it.

14Should Wembley Stadium be sold? Empty Re: Should Wembley Stadium be sold? on Sat Apr 28 2018, 13:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@boltonbonce wrote:Well Norpig and I like NFL. As does that Travelodge bloke,whoever he is.

Not many sports could fill Wembley twice over. The appeal is there.
spot on Boncey, they could fill Wembley for NFL games practically every week. I'll be buying my tickets next week.
They said Wembley could be used for some England games and the FA cup final so don't see the issue.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum