Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are bagels sold in fives?

+6
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Norpig
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:21

I'm not a big fan of bagels but the wife is, so I've just been dispatched to Tesco to buy some.

And I discovered that they're only sold in bags of five.

Why?

That's just wrong and it messes with my OCD.

Burger buns? Bag of four.

Hot Dog Finger Rolls? Six in a pack.

Crumpets? Multiples of two.

All nice, round, even numbers and that's exactly how it should be.

Five is an odd, pointy, angular number and it's just plain wrong.

Who should I complain to?

2Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

with all this time on your hands you should be making your own  Laughing

3Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:27

Sod that!

You've got to make your dough then boil it then bake it or something like that.

Far too much like hard work.

4Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never really thought about it.
I like a cinnamon raisin bagel,but I can honestly say I never really thought about this.
I googled,and found this.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=opera&q=why+are+bagels+sold+in+fives&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

5Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:34

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really do not know, but would you like me to find this knowledge out for you?

6Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Selling them in an odd number makes it more likely for the customer to buy another pack to make an even number

7Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Selling them in an odd number makes it more likely for the customer to buy another pack to make an even number

:agree:  Boggers has nailed it on the head or bagel for that matter! Very Happy

Last edited by karlypants on Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:45; edited 1 time in total

8Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:45

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Selling them in an odd number makes it more likely for the customer to buy another pack to make an even number

This is the knowledge that i found out too.

9Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:48

Thanks fellas.

I can sleep easy now.

10Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

11Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:53

Do I need to edit the title and add "in Tesco but not in ASDA" at the end?

That's a whole other question.

12Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You need to ditch Tesco.
Tesco is the spawn of the Devil.

13Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 13:56

boltonbonce wrote:You need to ditch Tesco.
Tesco is the spawn of the Devil.

Agreed and I'm glad they're struggling but they're the nearest supermarket to us and I am fundamentally a very lazy man.

14Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 14:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not been to the one  Walkden  very much,but my contacts inside the Ellesmere Centre tell me it's struggling,and many people are using the one in Farnworth.
Apparently it's not very user friendly for the older shopper.

Last edited by boltonbonce on Thu Apr 23 2015, 14:05; edited 1 time in total

15Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 14:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whats a bagel?

16Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 14:17

scottjames30 wrote:Whats a bagel?
edible cock ring

17Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 14:17

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

If you go to the Tesco in Walkden on certain days they have this bloke that greets everyone as they come into the supermarket.

The guy freaks me out. This guy is so happy it's just wierd, I mean he's TOO happy. He comes bouncing over with the biggest smile you've ever seen, shaking your hand whilst laughing his head off like a maniac. If I didn't know any better I'd think he was on drugs.

I've been greeted by him a few times now and it's an experience I can tell you.

18Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 14:23

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's been traditional to sell bagels in fives ever since the London Olympics even though Southwark Council had other ideas.

19Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:00

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Whats a bagel?

A teacake with a hole in it.

20Why are bagels sold in fives? Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:07

...and no currents.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum