Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why are bagels sold in fives?

+6
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Boggersbelief
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Norpig
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:11

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Im going to have to check this out when im next in M@S.

Is it an American thing?

22Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 15:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

23Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think Scott may be on the right track.  These bagels originated in the States, which has always been a decimal country, so you'll have a pack of 10, which is too much, or half of that, 5
Over here we mostly work in dozens, or half dozens, another habit we didn't change after decimalisation. Just a thought, although the current way of increasing prices and profits is more likely to be the reduction of the number, or size, of the thing you are buying. Just look at Wagon Wheels  Sad

24Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:22

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree about Wagon Wheels. They're now the size of a digestive biscuit. Shocked

25Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:23

boltonbonce wrote:Agree about Wagon Wheels. They're now the size of a digestive biscuit. Shocked

And cadburys creme eggs

26Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:32

And Penguins.

27Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:34

Club biscuits

28Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:34

Cream eggs now. It's basically America ruining everything. As always.

29Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:37

Isn't cadburys American owned now. There is palm oil in everything

30Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:37

Ye Kraft took it over, Bastards!

31Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:38

y2johnny wrote:Club biscuits

Actually.........

You're still getting as much Club for your money as you did before but they're narrower and taller now than they used to be.

Jacobs changed their moulds a few years ago so that they could get more biscuits across the belt and thus be more efficient.

I know see, 'cos I was there. Very Happy

32Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:39

Breadman wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Club biscuits

Actually.........

You're still getting as much Club for your money as you did before but they're narrower and taller now than they used to be.

Jacobs changed their moulds a few years ago so that they could get more biscuits across the belt and thus be more efficient.

I know see, 'cos I was there. Very Happy

I will let clubs off then. Orange clubs always take me back to being a kid

33Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can you still buy a Picnic bar? Don't seem to see them now.

34Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:43

boltonbonce wrote:Can you still buy a Picnic bar? Don't seem to see them now.

I think you can bonce. We don't have a vending machine at work but this guy drops a red plastic box off with crisp and choc in it and im sure there was one on there. Its one of them honesty ones where they hope you put the right money in and a percentage goes to charity

35Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:44

y2johnny wrote:

I think you can bonce. We don't have a vending machine at work but this guy drops a red plastic box off with crisp and choc in it and im sure there was one on there.  Its one of them honesty ones where they hope you put the right money in and a percentage goes to charity

Are you in prison?

36Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had one the other day, very tasty

37Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

I think you can bonce. We don't have a vending machine at work but this guy drops a red plastic box off with crisp and choc in it and im sure there was one on there.  Its one of them honesty ones where they hope you put the right money in and a percentage goes to charity

Are you in prison?
It would explain a lot. Very Happy

38Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 17:49

boltonbonce wrote:
Breadman wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

Are you in prison?
It would explain a lot. Very Happy

Im innocent i tell you. I share a cell with deidre rachid

39Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Thu Apr 23 2015, 21:55

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Just depends how many are in the litter.

Beagles are too big for bags in general though.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

40Why are bagels sold in fives? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why are bagels sold in fives? Fri Apr 24 2015, 18:47

Biggie wrote:Just depends how many are in the litter.

Beagles are too big for bags in general though.

I've only just got that....... :facepalm:

I read it this morning and thought: "What the fuck's he on about?"

I'm getting slow...... Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum