Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

In his own words: David Lee post-Charlton Athletic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers Under 23s progressed through to the Professional Development League Play-Off Final after beating Charlton Athletic 3-1 at Macron Stadium on Tuesday night.

Goals from Jeff King, Dennis Politic and Liam Edwards sealed victory for the young Whites to set up a final clash away at Nottingham Forest.

After the game, head coach David Lee spoke to bwfc.co.uk and discussed the following topics…

On getting through to the Professional Development League Final…

It's absolutely brilliant. I thought the lads thoroughly deserved it from start to finish.

They had a little period in the second half where they came at us and we were under the cosh, but we were quite resolute and we kept our discipline very well.

They were always going to get one opportunity in the game, but we responded very well to it.

I thought we created some great opportunities, like Connor Hall’s save from the goalkeeper that could have sealed it for us. But that is what the opposition is there for, to stop us scoring.

But it didn’t stop us in the long run and once we got that third goal, we looked comfortable and I am delighted for the players.

On winning the title being the perfect platform heading into the game…

I think once you’ve been on such a high with winning the league title, it can be a bit of an after the Lord Mayor's show.

We’ve worked with them all week in training and said to them they have only done half a job.

To win the title like we have done and to win in the semi-final so soon after the title, I think the lads have been brilliant and their attitudes have been brilliant.

Now we have got another job to do against Nottingham Forest.

On his side's goalscorers….

I think credit goes to the lads who put the balls in the box. We had some great displays of crossing and Dennis’s goal was an individual goal that he took really well.

I'm pleased for Liam Edwards as he does all the hard work in defence and doesn’t get a lot of credit.

It goes unseen by a lot of people and it was nice for him to get on the scoresheet.

Obviously when Ryan White runs through, he is unlucky not to score. You expect your striker to get the second ball and Kingy was there to get the first goal for us.

On Connor Hall…

Connor did put a right shift in. He had a couple of opportunities, but you will not always score.

What you get with Connor is 100% commitment and desire and I thought he ran their defence ragged.

And finally, on the fantastic turnout by Wanderers fans…

It has been great. I think the supporters gave the players a real lift and I think it was probably the first time some of them have played in front of so many people.

I said to them if they are going to make careers in the game, they are going to have to play under a bit of pressure and they showed tonight that they can do that.

Source

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Liam Edwards, Dennis Politic & David Lee's post match interviews:

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum