Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Robinson - would you have him back next season?

+7
rammywhite
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Sluffy
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

ANTONEE Robinson admits he could be up for grabs on loan again next season despite showing rapid improvement at Wanderers.
The Everton defender returned to Goodison Park this week after a successful spell at Bolton, which culminated in last weekend’s dramatic last-day survival.
Robinson’s first full season as a professional saw him feature in 30 Championship games and break into the US national team under Phil Parkinson’s watch.
Whether that proves enough to force his way into the reckoning on Merseyside at Premier League level on a regular basis remains to be seen – but the 20-year-old is keen to maintain his momentum, which would certainly interest Wanderers again next season.

“Next season will be the biggest of my life, whatever happens,” he said. “Whether I break through at Everton or go on loan again to get more experience before my time comes.
“But I do believe if I work hard enough there is a chance for me to get in the first team at Everton. However they want me to do that, I am willing to give it my all.”
Robinson feels he grew as a player at Bolton after a shaky start, thanks to the guidance of Parkinson and more senior team-mates.
“I did not play as much as I would have liked at the start of the season and that was difficult but I needed to be ready when I was put in the team and I took my chance,” he told Everton’s website.

“I am not sure I was comfortable straight away. In my first couple of games I made some little errors because of my lack of experience.
“I would find myself in positions that could cost us goals and was thinking, ‘I need to get my act together soon’.
“But the older players help you, they recognise it and help you iron out your mistakes.
“I learned progressively, became more comfortable and grew in confidence.
“I did well and feel like I have developed as a player and established a minimum level I can play at. I would definitely say I am a much better player than I was at the start of the season.

“I have all that experience under my belt and have learned a lot more about the game. Now I want to improve and kick on.”
Andy Taylor is the only contracted senior left-back left on the books at Wanderers, with another 12 months remaining on his deal.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/wanderers/16219089.Antonee_Robinson_out_to_impress_Everton_next_season_-_even_if_it__39_s_out_on_loan/

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Why not?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's not the greatest defender, but his pace and drive up the left are vital if we are to have more of a threat going forward.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He may end up as back up to Baines if he stays at Everton, i would love to see him come back again if it's possible.
Not sure what other young left backs they have at Everton but he must be at the top of the list now after getting an International call up.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:He may end up as back up to Baines if he stays at Everton, i would love to see him come back again if it's possible.
Not sure what other young left backs they have at Everton but he must be at the top of the list now after getting an International call up.

The thing with teams like Everton is that they can always go out and spend millions on an established international left back rather than wait to Robinson gain the maturity and experience they are looking for.

He's only 20 so I guess he won't be a first team regular there next season, so it will be up to Everton if they want him to develop further there or put him out on loan again next season.

Maybe a 6 months loan to club might be the way forward for them, if so I would be happy to see him back here again.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Often gets caught out of position,but he's learning his trade. I'd be happy to see him here next season.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think he's a good little player, he just lacks that final ball. He needs to work on crossing the ball into the box more. Time after time he runs up the line but we don't see no end product.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes- without a doubt.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s joining permanently this summer for a fee of £1.5 million

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:He’s joining permanently this summer for a fee of £1.5 million

Is that a myth- or a fact.
Who told you?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:He’s joining permanently this summer for a fee of £1.5 million

:bullshit:

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If he was I'd be happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

Is that a myth- or a fact.
Who told you?
He’s been looking into his crystal balls again Rammy! Very Happy

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ITK FACT. Everton don’t see his potential clearly and have accepted the bid.

Amos to Charlton for £300K accepted also.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'd be happy for him to come back next season on loan or permanently, decent now and will get better and stronger.

Would take him, but we won’t get him.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep him if we can. No question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum