Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burnley in Europe

+13
gloswhite
Growler
okocha
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Leeds_Trotter
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Burnley in Europe Empty Burnley in Europe Mon May 28 2018, 21:36

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You know what's funny about all this, around 70% of Burnley voted to be out of Europe now we all can't wait to be in it.

The passport has been dusted off.

Anyone know how to say..... 'where is the football stadium' in Romanian?

2Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Mon May 28 2018, 22:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:You know what's funny about all this, around 70% of Burnley voted to be out of Europe now we all can't wait to be in it.

No but we know the way to Vicente Calderon stadium and the Allianz Arena - and came away from both unbeaten (and finished 6th in the Premier League, remind me where did you finish?) - so don't bother trying to troll us until you can do better.

We won't be holding our breaths until you do though.

Thank you.

Rolling Eyes

3Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Mon May 28 2018, 22:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can only imagine that you being a grumpy sod can only be put down to one of two things, age or you winning the Most Annoying Poster of the Season award again.

I take it that you won't be opening the portal for match day, if we get a team from a country who has a border with China.

4Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 01:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Copper Dragon wrote:I can only imagine that you being a grumpy sod can only be put down to one of two things, age or you winning the Most Annoying Poster of the Season award again.

I take it that you won't be opening the portal for match day, if we get a team from a country who has a border with China.

Ever thought it might not be anything about me but some self obsessed numpty who hasn't been on here for months and months, who couldn't be arsed to post his best wishes that we might stay up (or even congratulate us getting out of jail with just a few minutes to go) - even though most of us on Nuts have given our unstinting well wishes for Burnley doing well in the Premier over the last few seasons (and truly meant it too) turning up out of the blue just to rub our noses in it?

Nah, you're too far up your own arse to trouble yourself with a bunch of fans from a fellow northern town club who welcomed you on board (considering you had yourself told us you'd been banned from your main Burnley footy forum).

I've even taken a bit of flack from one or two since Nuts started even allowing you on here.  Seems they were right and I was wrong, after all!

They say class is about being humble in victory and gracious in defeat - well you've clearly just turned up to gloat and try to piss us off.

As for your last paragraph, if you mean are we going to have any World Cup chat boxes, then maybe if people want us to but I'm sure you and your dusted off passport would have far more interesting places to be rather than waste it on here with the mere likes of us.

5Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 02:21

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Copper Dragon wrote:You know what's funny about all this, around 70% of Burnley voted to be out of Europe now we all can't wait to be in it.

În cazul în care este fotbalul stadiu

and don't worry if you're from Burnley they'll speak better English than you. Evil or Very Mad

6Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 07:58

The site’s dead, posters creating threads should be encouraged - as opposed to being told they’re too far up their own arse.

I’d imagine the China reference is in relation to the far flung teams nobodies ever heard of competing in the Europa League (Burnlet for instance).

Dyche has got a tough ask this year in putting a decent Europa League run together without domestic form suffering. I think the Burnley bubble is going to burst.

7Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 08:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bit harsh Sluffy  Shocked

You'll need lots of luck and a bigger squad next season Copper but i hope you do well. Dyche is a great manager and should have got Manager of the Year.

8Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 09:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Also most people voted to be out of the EU not out of Europe.

Big difference.

9Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 10:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll certainly be rooting for Burnley in Europe - hope your lads do well Stan.

10Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 10:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope they are humiliated. Bit like people cheering for Liverpool to win the CL. SAD.

11Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I hope they are humiliated. Bit like people cheering for Liverpool to win the CL. SAD.

Unlike a Scot who lives in Coventry cheering for Bolton?

12Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 14:41

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I feel sorry for the fans of European teams having to go to Turd Moor. I bet they won't know to take a pillow for the wooden seats.

13Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 16:35

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:Bit harsh Sluffy  Shocked

Not to worry Norpig, it must be the Breadman effect.

After all, it's 'only the internet'.  Rolling Eyes  Very Happy

14Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 16:39

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Out of interest, did anyone on this site go to any of Bolton's European games away?

15Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 16:51

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to the home games, couldn't quite stretch to the away games - Channel 5 covered the away games though Very Happy

16Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 16:54

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Copper Dragon wrote:Out of interest, did anyone on this site go to any of Bolton's European games away?
I was too young unfortunately.

17Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 16:57

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Likewise for me in Burnley's last two European adventures  Very Happy

18Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 17:46

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went to Marseille away.

19Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 17:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Europe is still too painful to talk about.

Fucking prioritising a league game against fucking Wigan over the knockout stages of the UEFA Cup.

When you write it down it seems even more mental.

And we lost at Wigan.

20Burnley in Europe Empty Re: Burnley in Europe Tue May 29 2018, 19:01

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, four of us went to Madrid and one of our friends also went to the Bayern Munich match.

We were the targets of pickpockets in Madrid and of brutal police baton charges as we attempted to flee the missiles being thrown at us by the Spanish Ultras. A delightful experience...... Some away fans who had taken the brunt of the baton-bashing showed us the weals on their bodies at breakfast in the hotel the next morning. Horrific!
We took it up with our MP when we got home, supported by reporters from The Daily Telegraph who witnessed it all.......but nothing positive resulted....naturally!     Still The Prado was great Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum