Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Away game to kick off season?

+6
Norpig
rammywhite
Growler
y2johnny
Leeds_Trotter
wessy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Away game to kick off season? Empty Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 21:49

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

With the announcement of a double header for the Rugby Challenge cup at the Macron on August 5th , What price we are away for our first game?

Another revenue boost by Ken but i hate seeing Rugby markings on our pitch especially for the start of a season.

2Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 22:00

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wessy wrote:With the announcement of a double header for the Rugby Challenge cup at the Macron on August 5th , What price we are away for our first game?

Another revenue boost by Ken but i hate seeing Rugby markings on our pitch especially for the start of a season.
Rugby is a tinpot sport, hate it.

3Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 22:13

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
wessy wrote:With the announcement of a double header for the Rugby Challenge cup at the Macron on August 5th , What price we are away for our first game?

No argument from me, never understood it.

4Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:00

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Would love to see you say that to a rugby player.

5Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:05

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:

Would love to see you say that to a rugby player.
Why? Will they not allow me to have an opinion? Some rugby fans hate football, nothing wrong with that.

6Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:09

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its hardly fucking tinpot though.  Some opinion.......

7Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:13

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote:Its hardly fucking tinpot though.  Some opinion.......
Compared to football, I personally think it is. Definetly inferior to football, all other sports are tbh.

8Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:21

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

:rofl: more and more people are switching from watching football to watching rugby than ever before.

Why?

Because its a sport that still puts it supporters first and makes it a more family oriented sport.

Footballers and rugby players both have to do appearances, kids teams, schools, hospitals etc

The difference is the rugby players ACTUALLY do it.  Footballers would rather pay the minimal fine than waste their time with the people who support them.

Rugby can hold an event where 8 different team all play on the same day and all the fans are integrated and the trouble is minimal.  Football struggles for 2 teams playing eachother with segregated fans and there is still trouble.

My sons rugby team gets players down from salford 2 or 3 times a year and that doesnt include for the presentation night when they come down and give out the end of year trophies to around 200 kids one by one.

And lets not even get into the fact that these multi millionaires take even the slightest knock and roll around for 10 minutes before then being signed off injured for 6 months.

9Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:23

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not to mention that this "tinpot" sport is throwing our "tinpot" club a lifeline by using our ground to host both the semi finals on the same day.

Again, could you imagine both the semi finals of the league cup or fa cup being played back to back with all 4 teams fans mixing in the ground.

Not a chance

10Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:25

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

y2johnny wrote::rofl: more and more people are switching from watching football to watching rugby than ever before.

Why?

Because its a sport that still puts it supporters first and makes it a more family oriented sport.

Footballers and rugby players both have to do appearances, kids teams, schools, hospitals etc

The difference is the rugby players ACTUALLY do it.  Footballers would rather pay the minimal fine than waste their time with the people who support them.

Rugby can hold an event where 8 different team all play on the same day and all the fans are integrated and the trouble is minimal.  Football struggles for 2 teams playing eachother with segregated fans and there is still trouble.

My sons rugby team gets players down from salford 2 or 3 times a year and that doesnt include for the presentation night when they come down and give out the end of year trophies to around 200 kids one by one.

And lets not even get into the fact that these multi millionaires take even the slightest knock and roll around for 10 minutes before then being signed off injured for 6 months.
Football is the most watched sport in the world, I doubt Rugby even makes the top 5.

11Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Wed May 30 2018, 23:29

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
y2johnny wrote::rofl: more and more people are switching from watching football to watching rugby than ever before.

Why?

Football is the most watched sport in the world, I doubt Rugby even makes the top 5.
And?  That's the basis of your argument?

Ok, yeah, you win.  Everything is tin pot compared to football :rofl:

12Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 05:15

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ken will be hoping Catalans Dragons v Leigh  isn't one of the semi finals!
I think if Wigan get through the quarter final it will be a bigger attendance than any Bolton game next season

13Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 08:21

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hope it doesn't do any damage to the pitch though.

14Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 08:24

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Not as if we play it on the floor anyway Smile

15Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 08:35

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:Ken will be hoping Catalans Dragons v Leigh  isn't one of the semi finals!
I think if Wigan get through the quarter final it will be a bigger attendance than any Bolton game next season
Chances are it will be;

Leeds
Hull
Wigan
St helens

Or warrington

16Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 08:44

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Oh and huddersfield.

4 of the 6 above

17Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 08:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it brings in a few quid i have no problem other than i hope the pitch doesn't get wrecked. I used to go to the odd RL games many years ago, usually it was the Easter Wigan vs St Helens game so i don't mind Rugby.

18Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 11:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RL is a great game. I just wish they'd stop trying to take it to the USA. They can't even grow the sport in London,let alone the States.
There will always be pockets of League and Union in America, cricket too, but they'll always be niche sports,like NFL and baseball over here.
If these sports grow in America,they'll grow from within.

19Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 11:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been to one rugby game in my life, when I was a kid.

Wigan v Manly I think, although I could be making that up. I remember it was a big game and there was a pitch invasion at the end which I was forced to participate in.

Some great hulk of a rugby player put his muddy hand on my shoulder leaving a huge dirty hand print on my white cashmere top. The absolute twat.

Rugby players have no respect for fine clothing garments so I haven't been back since.

20Away game to kick off season? Empty Re: Away game to kick off season? Thu May 31 2018, 11:38

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've been to one rugby game in my life, when I was a kid.

Wigan v Manly I think, although I could be making that up. I remember it was a big game and there was a pitch invasion at the end which I was forced to participate in.

Some great hulk of a rugby player put his muddy hand on my shoulder leaving a huge dirty hand print on my white cashmere top. The absolute twat.

Rugby players have no respect for fine clothing garments so I haven't been back since.
Is that when you knew you wanted to be a woman?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum