Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee Anderson arrives in Dubai on business

+3
gloswhite
Growler
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Make of this what you will -

Lee Anderson has tweeted that he is now in Dubai (Grosvenor Hotel apparently) and he is there on business.

New investment/ownership on the horizon...or not?

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I hope he's just having a meeting in the very expensive 5 star hotel  and not staying there on club funds.When it comes to transfers we are supposed to be skint

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

True, but you have to speculate to accumulate. Each night there is probably the equivalent of a new player  Very Happy

Doubt Lee Andersen is qualified to negotiate at investor level, potential for sponsorship or events opportunities though? Many a spurious business to negotiate with in Dubai.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Red light district. Interesting

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Red light district. Interesting

Bit of an abusive post really considering Dubai operates under Shira law but I don't doubt you posted in ignorance and to simply have a pop at Lee Anderson.

Dubai as been under the rule of the Al Maktoum family for generations, so I guess any deal would have to have their approval first?

Maybe Lee is there to buy a racehorse or something but if it is football related then there is certainly money there if they want to chuck some of it Bolton's way.

Dubai forms part of the United Arab Emirates along with Abu Dhabi.

I mention this because the Al Nahyan family rule the country just like the Maktoum's in Dubai, and they put their money into a football club that's done rather well since - Manchester City!

Now I don't think for one moment that something similar will happen at Bolton but more rather what 'politics' there may be (if any) of them investing into a business just a few miles down the road from each other?

At least Lee's given us something different to talk about for a few days or more.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I read that there was some "surprise interest" in the club so there is a possibility that a) it's from someone in Dubai and b) he's been sent out to find out what's on offer.

BTW Dubai does operate under Shariah law but it's very much in the background apart from religious festivals, there is no red light district but there are plenty of high class hookers working the hotels and there are loads of rich families who could be potential investors.

And they don't like the Flintstones whereas Abu Dhabi do.

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some more tweets this morning.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not holding my breath. Considering all the 'Big' news breaks of the past, we'll probably be told that we have a new catering company coming in.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:Red light district. Interesting
Pole dancing. My mate has been there. They pretend it's sport/exercise. You can have pole dancing lessons.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum