Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Preston v Bolton

+5
Natasha Whittam
Growler
Sluffy
Norpig
Celticwanderer
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Preston v Bolton Empty Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 02:02

Celticwanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi, not sure if anyone will remember i posted about the same fixture last season as i was going to bring my son who is a Bolton fan down. Anyway sky put a stop to that by moving it to a Friday night but im now planning on bringing him down this season.
Preston is ideal as I can get a train easily from Glasgow but I have 2 questions.
1, will the Bolton end tickets sell out or will i be able to buy a couple via the website, i am already registered through buying kit etc.
2, is this game ok to take a 9 year old to or is there a chance of trouble at this fixture?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 08:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hi Celtic, i remember you asking about this before. Tickets will go quickly so you need to get in early as possible. If you are known to the club and registered you should be ok but i don't get to many away games so not sure on restrictions or how they judge who can get tickets before others. I presume they would go on sale to season ticket holders first then open sale.

I wouldn't think there would be much trouble at Preston either so should be fine taking your lad.

3Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 08:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hello again Celtic.

Just for your information Bolton are playing a friendly at St Mirren this Saturday at 12.30 kick off (so we can catch the England match after!), tickets £12, £6 for kids.

4Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 10:39

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's a big away end at Preston, i think our following last season was something like 2,800 in a 4,000 end.But as you say it was on a Friday night on TV.
Its a Saturday afternoon match not on TV this season so the demand will probably be higher but it won't sell out without tickets going on open sale.You should get a ticket easily enough if you apply online when they go on open sale.
Preston v Bolton isn't noted for its trouble these days, you'll be all right there

5Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 11:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Tickets will go quickly

If they're facing away from the pitch, yes.

Bolton tickets never go quickly.

6Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 11:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Love the name celticwanderer-I'll be at Parkhead a few time myself this season
8 in a row!!

7Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 12:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why is this request for information a news item?

8Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 12:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's always news when we find another Bolton fan.

9Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 12:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Why is this request for information a news item?

Dear God you really are petty at times.

The poor bloke is clearly not familiar with the site only ever been on it for a few days in the past and is simply asking for a bit of help - for his nine year old child who want's to be a Bolton fan (good on the youngster!).

The thread is doing no harm here and I'll leave it be so that he can find it without any difficulty on his return to read our reply's.

I'm sure that will be fine by everyone else even if it isn't with you.

Rolling Eyes

10Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 12:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We all had a Scottish team at school. I was in the minority with Hibs. Most of the lads had Rangers or Celtic.

11Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Thu Jul 05 2018, 15:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

CelticWanderer, I'm off to the St Mirren friendly, (relative lives in Paisley), and considering the England game is on later, there might be so few fans that we'll bump into each other  Very Happy

12Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Fri Jul 06 2018, 14:49

Celticwanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hi Thanks everyone for your help and advice. Train prices are looking good so ill be heading down for this game. 
Also hoping to get along to St Mirren tomorrow before rushing home for the big game on tv at 3 (Shamrock Rovers v Celtic)SmileVery Happy
Apologies if posted this thread in the wrong section, im not familiar with the site but will try and post anything in the future in the correct place. 
Good luck for the new season.

13Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Fri Jul 06 2018, 15:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Celticwanderer wrote:Hi Thanks everyone for your help and advice. Train prices are looking good so ill be heading down for this game. 
Also hoping to get along to St Mirren tomorrow before rushing home for the big game on tv at 3 (Shamrock Rovers v Celtic)SmileVery Happy
Apologies if posted this thread in the wrong section, im not familiar with the site but will try and post anything in the future in the correct place. 
Good luck for the new season.

No need to apologise mate, it was only one person showing no sense or empathy towards you - don't worry about him - there's always one on every site I guess!

The St Mirren game will be the first friendly we will play this pre-season and our manager is talking about wanting another eight new faces in (most of our players contracts expired at the end of last season and we've not recruited many in so far), so don't expect a polished performance from us - I expect we will be fielding more than a few 'trialist's'.

Never the less I'm sure we all of us on here really hope your son enjoys seeing 'the whites' play live for the first time!

Hope you enjoy the match as well and hope you both get home in time for your 'big' game later on!

Have a great day out at both the Preston and St Mirren matches and if you need any other help or advice please get in touch and we'll try and do our best for you both.

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Jul 06 2018, 15:17; edited 1 time in total

14Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Fri Jul 06 2018, 15:16

Celticwanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

Thanks again, appreciated.

15Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Fri Jul 06 2018, 17:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My comment was directed at the mods who can easily move your query into the right section.

Sorry about the one dickhead had to make an issue out of it. Usually he's quite balanced having a chip on both shoulders.

16Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Sat Jul 07 2018, 00:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:My comment was directed at the mods who can easily move your query into the right section.

Sorry about the one dickhead had to make an issue out of it. Usually he's quite balanced having a chip on both shoulders.

I've said it all in my post (number 9) above.

You however just continue to show how small minded, petty and abusive you really are.

Rolling Eyes

17Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Sat Jul 07 2018, 00:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CelticWanderer, I hope you see this before you set out for the St Mirren game - the match is OFF.

Unbelievably our players have gone on strike!

We've had money problems for the last few years and apparently some players have still to be paid for last month and seemingly bonuses have not yet been paid for presumably staying up - although isn't that what players should be trying to do anyway without having to be incentivised to do so?

Anyway sincerest apologise to you and in particular your son, that you've been let down.

I would have thought the least they could do was make their statement about their pay, say they intended to strike in the future friendly's but seeing it is less than a day to the kick off and people have committed themselves to coming up for the match (booked trains, hotels, etc) that the least they could do is honour the fixture (and if they were even a bit big hearted - donated their match fees for this game to some local charity).

Clearly I don't think the way that millionaire footballers do - our at least our lot do.

So on behalf of just fans of one club to fans of another - sorry if our players have not taken you (or our traveling fans) in consideration before going on strike.

I hardly think any of our striking players will be down the food bank next week - even though some of the fans who follow our respective clubs may well be.

18Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Sat Jul 07 2018, 01:32

Celticwanderer

David Ngog
David Ngog

I did see that it was off, but thanks anyway. 
Im only 20 minutes away from Paisley but feel for any fans who have booked and paid for travel up to this.

19Preston v Bolton Empty Re: Preston v Bolton Sat Jul 07 2018, 02:53

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

After last night events I would advise against booking tickets from Scotland to attend a Bolton match in a few weeks.One of the basic requirements of a football club owner is to get a team out on the pitch but  unfortunately we don't have that.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out.Anderson will either show some humility, apologise and guarantee it won't happen again or refuse to accept his responsibility, look upon the players as trash and pay them when he feels like it harbouring a poisonous atmosphere within the club

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum