Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is This Rape?

+7
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
largehat
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Is This Rape? Empty Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 10:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Some people believe that when you go to bed with somebody, take off your clothes, and have sex with them and then fall asleep, you're already in the sex game with them.

"It might be really bad manners not to have tapped her on the shoulder and said, 'do you mind if I do it again?'

"It might be really sordid and bad sexual etiquette, but whatever else it is, it is not rape or you bankrupt the term rape of all meaning."

Rape Crisis said the MP's understanding of what constituted rape appeared to be "factually incorrect" and that if the woman concerned was asleep when the sexual encounter began, consent could not "reasonably" have been given.

"Having had consensual sex with a woman once does not give a man licence to then have sex with her again at any time and in any way he pleases and assume consent is given"

The top part of the above quote is by George Galloway who is taking a bit of stick in the media this morning. But is he right?

If you have sex with a woman (or man), spend the night in her bed, then insert your penis into her vagina in the morning while she is asleep, is this rape? If you've already had sex with this person are you, as Galloway suggests, already in the "sex game" with them?

2Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 11:06

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What do you think Natasha?

3Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 11:09

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
If you have sex with a woman (or man), spend the night in her bed, then insert your penis into her vagina in the morning while she is asleep, is this rape? If you've already had sex with this person are you, as Galloway suggests, already in the "sex game" with them?

I'd probably stop short of saying George is definitely right, but I can see where he's coming from and it's a valid point of view to hold.

The issue is that as a public figure, you can't say anything about rape unless it is pro-victims' rights without being lambasted for it.

If a woman was absolutely blind drunk but gave consent the night before, woke up in the middle of the night and deeply regretted giving that consent and then tells the man so, then they both fall asleep again, and then she is awoken in the morning being penetrated, it kind of blows what George is saying out of the water because "no" is "no", whatever has taken place before.

However a lot of one night stands are followed up by further sex in the morning, and I do believe there is such thing as tacit consent as well.

4Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:What do you think Natasha?

I don't think it's rape. I'e been a virgin for the last 10 years, but if I was to end up shagging some bloke and letting him stay in my bed, I consider that the green light for consensual sex. Even if I'm asleep.

5Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 11:55

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Bernard Dennis Park wrote:What do you think Natasha?

I don't think it's rape. I'e been a virgin for the last 10 years, but if I was to end up shagging some bloke and letting him stay in my bed, I consider that the green light for consensual sex. Even if I'm asleep.

so, do you think its ok to wake up in the morning, think what the fuck have I done, not remember much of the night so 'assume' you have been raped, cry rape and get the guy sent down?

Im not saying rape is right, but its exactly like the word 'racist' - overused and abused.Women who are a bit pissed off or cant really remember the events of the night before - all they have to do is 'cry rape' and bang... a whole heap of shit for a lad who didn't really do anything wrong.

Its one of them crimes I think needs to be looked at by the police and courts with a bit of common sense.

6Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 11:56

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

oh and just to add, George Galloway is a stupid, Leftie Lunatic anyway.

7Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

so, do you think its ok to wake up in the morning, think what the fuck have I done, not remember much of the night so 'assume' you have been raped, cry rape and get the guy sent down?

You bellend. I said I didn't think it was rape, yet you seem to be slagging me off for crying rape scratch

8Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

You bellend. I said I didn't think it was rape, yet you seem to be slagging me off for crying rape scratch

I did misread you a little...

DO you agree that 'rape' is abused by women to get at lads or to overwrite and justify being slags when pissed up?

9Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

my curiosity is what kind of man would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

basically a cadaver.

It's as bad as knowing full well that a girl is completely and utterly off her face on drink and or drugs, unable to stand and having your way with them.

It's kind of like saying it's ok to steal a load of stuff of someone if their asleep because they once leant you a quid.

10Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:my curiosity is what kind of man would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

So if Kerry Katona was asleep in your bed you wouldn't have a go?

11Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:my curiosity is what kind of man would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

So if Kerry Katona was asleep in your bed you wouldn't have a go?

No.

I wouldn't want to "have sex" with an unconscious woman full stop. I don't know why anyone would.

12Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I wouldn't want to "have sex" with an unconscious woman full stop. I don't know why anyone would.

Well, it's better than having a wank.

13Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

No.

Would you prefer to have sex with an unconscious woman or conscious man?

14Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:35

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did anyone see Peep Show last night? One of them was asleep in bed and woke up to find a woman, who he thought was a lesbian, bouncing up and down on his cock. He asked her to stop but she wouldn't. When he told his flat mate the next day his mate said that's rape. It is isn't it?

I'd love to be raped.

15Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:35

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

That's a good moral question, Hipster. I'd be interested to know what you think about that.

16Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

No.

Well neither obviously.

17Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just discussed this in the office and the majority of people state that if you was in a relationship then NO, but if it was a one night stand then YES

18Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 12:45

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Well, it's better than having a wank.

lol!

19Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 13:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Well neither obviously.

No cop outs allowed.

Angry Dad has a gun to your head and you have to choose between having sex with Largehat or a sleeping Natasha.

Which one would you choose?

20Is This Rape? Empty Re: Is This Rape? Tue Aug 21 2012, 13:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Well neither obviously.

No cop outs allowed.

Angry Dad has a gun to your head and you have to choose between having sex with Largehat or a sleeping Natasha.

Which one would you choose?

So now you've changed it to an unconscious man or a conscious man.

I'm not sure that has the same effect.

And I'm not dumb, the question is loaded so you can abuse me forever more by calling me a "faggot" or a "rapist"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum