Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton players strike!!

+19
finlaymcdanger
Cajunboy
Kane57
Norpig
wanderlust
y2johnny
rammywhite
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
wessy
Growler
Natasha Whittam
observer
MartinBWFC
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

41Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He will not be making any further statement?

Very kind of him.

42Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:28

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

At the end of the day the anti anderson brigade jumped on it without knowing any facts (due to iles piss poor reporting) and managed to gain a few new members.

It is KA's fault for not getting ahead of it

Due to our history with chairmen and owners its a lot easier to have distrust and be able to say i told you so than actually back them for the impossible juggling act they are doing

43Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:35

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Whyve you deleted your post Nat

44Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Because she’s a shithouse

45Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a great start to the season when the Chairman is accusing his players of blackmail.

46Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 10:48

y2johnny wrote:At the end of the day the anti anderson brigade jumped on it without knowing any facts (due to iles piss poor reporting) and managed to gain a few new members.

Due to our history with chairmen and owners its a lot easier to have distrust and be able to say i told you so than actually back them for the impossible juggling act they are doing

As I said before, this doesn’t need to be pro or anti-Anderson. 

He’s done a fine job so far in balancing the books and running the club on a shoestring, but players going on strike is massively damaging and that’s down to his mis management - regardless of how you feel about players salaries they are well within their rights to take this action.

There’s no need to praise everything he does or to criticise everything, each event can and should be judged in isolation (although with context). And driving players to strike is a shit show. Simple as that.

47Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Emotions were high in the immediate aftermath. But having had time to calm down and reflect I think that ken should FUCKING SACK THE LOT OF THEM! FULL ON STRIKE FOR THAT GINGER BELLEND WHO HASNT BEEN NEAR THE CLUB FOR TWO YEARS AND HAD NO PART IN OUR SURVIVAL BUT WAS A SHINING LIGHT IN OUR RELEGATION.

48Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So not as clear cut as first thought just one player and the one we all want off the wage bill, of course the principal still stands but both sides have had a knee jerk reaction by taking a sledge hammer to crack a nut. 

The problem is that it will do untold damage, the chairman now as issues with his staff, the manager is piggy in the middle, the fans feel the season is now potentially ruined and the chance of bringing in new players is now much harder, and possibly the good atmosphere within the squad that got us and kept us up is under threat as well. Shambolic but Ken will some how bring it round ?

49Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am 100% behind the chairman. Sack the fucking lot of 'em, ungrateful wankers.

They've turned a minor irritant into a big deal, embarrassing the club in the process.

And let's not forget, many of these wankers demanding their money were the same players who "played" at Burton. The fuckers should be paying us!

50Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
y2johnny wrote:At the end of the day the anti anderson brigade jumped on it without knowing any facts (due to iles piss poor reporting) and managed to gain a few new members.

He’s done a fine job so far in balancing the books and running the club on a shoestring, but players going on strike is massively damaging and that’s down to his mis management - regardless of how you feel about players salaries they are well within their rights to take this action.

There’s no need to praise everything he does or to criticise everything, each event can and should be judged in isolation (although with context). And driving players to strike is a shit show. Simple as that.

I hear what you say about being pro or anti-Anderson but that simple fact is the vast majority of the reaction to the news of the strike was from extremely abusive anti-Andersons.

If you don't believe read the comments (particularly the initial comments) in these -

Lee Anderson's last tweet before the news broke -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Marc Iles initial article in the Bolton News -

Iles tweet breaking the news -

There's plenty more extremely abusive tweets around and God knows what's been put on Face book.

And all before a single one of them heard anything from the Anderson's side of the story - the initial hatred and abuse ALL came from an anti-Anderson perspective.

I also see Iles is once again waving the ST flag - what a surprise!

51Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:39

Natasha Whittam wrote:I am 100% behind the chairman. Sack the fucking lot of 'em, ungrateful wankers.

They've turned a minor irritant into a big deal, embarrassing the club in the process.

And let's not forget, many of these wankers demanding their money were the same players who "played" at Burton. The fuckers should be paying us!

You can’t play fast and loose with contracts and get away with it. 

He knows the terms of the contracts in place, he’s had warnings in the past and this won’t have been an easy decision for the players.

You’d imagine the squad made a commitment that should it happen again they’d take action - would you seriously allow a business to do that to you?

52Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is the Atherton game still on?

53Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:51

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

I hear what you say about being pro or anti-Anderson but that simple fact is the vast majority of the reaction to the news of the strike was from extremely abusive anti-Andersons.

If you don't believe read the comments (particularly the initial comments) in these -

There's plenty more extremely abusive tweets around and God knows what's been put on Face book.

And all before a single one of them heard anything from the Anderson's side of the story - the initial hatred and abuse ALL came from an anti-Anderson perspective.

Completely agree abuse on Twitter is horrendous, it’s a microcosm of hatred filled with keyboard warriors. But if you tweet you’re exposing yourself to that environment which is the users choice and responsibility IMO.

Not sure what these tweets prove though to be honest?

54Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

You can’t play fast and loose with contracts and get away with it. 

He knows the terms of the contracts in place, he’s had warnings in the past and this won’t have been an easy decision for the players.

You’d imagine the squad made a commitment that should it happen again they’d take action - would you seriously allow a business to do that to you?

I agree the players should be paid what they are due.

I just don't think striking is the answer because it hurts the fans and most importantly, the club as a whole.

55Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 11:59

Agreed but how else can they get their point across? KA clearly wasn’t perturbed last year because he’s gone and done it again. 

One positive is you’d like to think it’s bought the squad together.

56Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Agreed but how else can they get their point across? KA clearly wasn’t perturbed last year because he’s gone and done it again. 

One positive is you’d like to think it’s bought the squad together.

They know they will get their money eventually, to strike over bonuses when they are already millionaires is a step too far for me. They're not nurses living on the breadline.

Personally I don't think it will have brought the players together because there are bound to be some who didn't want to strike. What possible reason would Donaldson have to go on strike? And Ameobi only signed last week - why did he sign if he felt this way?

57Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:08

The amount footballers earn is not a factor here, it’s about whether or not the club is being run in a way that is likely to breed success on the pitch. 

Clearly this particular event is damaging to that in a number of ways. Whether this was out in the open or not, delaying bonuses is damaging to squad morale. The only factor that’s changed is the fans are now aware of it and that will probably make KA think twice in future.

58Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:The amount footballers earn is not a factor here,

It's a factor to me. There's a world of difference between NHS staff or police or the fire brigade going on strike, and a bunch of under-achieving millionaire footballers.

I don't doubt legally they are in the right, but it leaves a sour taste with me for them to do this publically.

59Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:

Completely agree abuse on Twitter is horrendous, it’s a microcosm of hatred filled with keyboard warriors. But if you tweet you’re exposing yourself to that environment which is the users choice and responsibility IMO.

Not sure what these tweets prove though to be honest?

It proves to me at least that there is a hardcore hatred of the owner that a few have held right from the start and have constantly 'stuck the knife in' at every opportunity they can to keep their agenda going throughout his stay - and keep it in the public eye.  (I see Iles has gone out of his way today to promote the ST) - what a surprise - he should remain neutral and impartial at all times and report the facts, not take sides.

I've no doubt many of those spewing their abuse at the Anderson's are not the smartest people around and are more than happy to follow 'the crowd'.

Maybe if they waited a while to hear Anderson's side of the story they wouldn't have been so quick to be abusive.

In reality it seems that only ONE player had not been paid in June (what was all this stuff about them regularly not being paid over the last two years shit about - remember at least four players re-signed for us - would you do that at a place where you were worried if you got paid or not?) and that Anderson was in the process of paying the bonuses (bonuses for what staying up, isn't that what the players job is - why do you need to incentivise them for that - surely that should be a given?) until they threatened to strike.

Ok the one player should have be paid and the bonuses paid on time but this sounds like a total overreaction to me (see my posts above about how the players could have made their statement, threatened to strike at future friendly's but honour the St Mirren game because it was in less than 24 hours and many people had committed their time and money to attend).

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:17; edited 1 time in total

60Bolton players strike!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton players strike!! Sat Jul 07 2018, 12:16

@Nat - Fine, but we all know the majority of footballers are wankers - this is no surprise. What we as fans want is success on the pitch and ultimately the club needs to be run in a way that supports that. Not paying players is not going to support that objective, agreed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum