Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Empty OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:34 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers are pleased to announce the signing of Pawel Olkowski on a two-year deal, subject to international clearance.
The 28-year-old right-back has earned 13 caps for his national side of Poland since 2013, while he had previously represented them at Under-19 and Under-21 level.
Domestically meanwhile, his first foray into the professional game came with Gwarek Zabrze where he had spent time as a youngster before earning his stripes with the club, while he enjoyed a spell on loan at GKS Katowice in 2010/11.
Moving onto Gornik Zabrze the following summer, he remained there until July 2014 when he made the switch to German outfit FC Köln.
And after departing the Bundesliga side earlier this month, the full-back has now made his first move to England with Wanderers.
Speaking following confirmation of the deal, manager Phil Parkinson said: “I am delighted to welcome Pawel to the club.
“He attracted strong interest from a German and Italian club and we have worked really hard to get the deal done.
“He’s played at the top level in Germany and for his country, and has shown a real desire to come to England and play for Bolton Wanderers Football Club.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's good at least the strike hasn't brought down any sanctions on us yet.

2OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:37 pm

I’d imagine the strike would only bring any sanctions if it were a competitive game. 

Nice to know we’re casing the net wide looking for potential bargains anyway. Hope this doesn’t spell the end of Little.

3OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Possibly, I’m typing and walking. I’d say the EFL would only be able to sanction if the players strike disrupted a competitive match rather than a friendly. Speculation of course.

4OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Ah that was in response to Boggers who’s comment disappeared.

5OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:42 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton boss Phil Parkinson delighted to sign Pawel Olkowski

PHIL Parkinson says Polish right-back Pawel Olkowski turned down options in Germany and Italy to sign a two-year deal at the Macron Stadium.
The Wanderers boss welcomed his fourth signing of the summer this afternoon in the form of the 28-year-old former FC Koln defender.
Olkowski has an impressive pedigree and has played for four years at the top level of German football, also boasting 13 international caps.
He arrives to add competition for the right-back spot, alongside Mark Little and Stephen Darby.

And Parkinson feels he has captured a player who can make a difference in the Championship.
“I am delighted to welcome Pawel to the club,” he said.
“He attracted strong interest from a German and Italian club and we have worked really hard to get the deal done.
“He’s played at the top level in Germany and for his country, and has shown a real desire to come to England and play for Bolton Wanderers Football Club.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Pawel Olkowski signed Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:51 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Possibly, I’m typing and walking. I’d say the EFL would only be able to sanction if the players strike disrupted a competitive match rather than a friendly. Speculation of course.

I didn't see the deleted tweet but following on from what you say above, a similar thought I had was if the EFL had any authority over clubs when playing outside England?

I do think the EFL will be looking at the issue of wages not paid on time but I would think they are pretty comfortable about plans to deal with BluMarble having had an eye on our finances leading up to the agreed deal when Holdsworth's shares where purchased from the liquidator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum