Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How will we fare?

+16
xmiles
Norpig
Dunkels King
Leeds_Trotter
bryan458
observer
Cajunboy
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
wessy
MartinBWFC
karlypants
Boggersbelief
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 13:39

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If we were going to weaken the midfield and play 2 strikers they'd have to be good ones.Unfortunately we've signed two shit ones.
And the finest Bolton team most of us have ever seen, only had Kevin Davies up front.

62How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 13:49

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Last season I predicted 4th from bottom.
Sadly I can't see three teams in worse shape than us at the moment. But giving us the benefit of the doubt I'll say 4th from bottom again. 
Go into West Brom with an attitude to win it.....get an early upset.....but I don't see Parky changing his ways.  Hope springs eternal Smile

63How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:14

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

terenceanne wrote:Last season I predicted 4th from bottom.
Sadly I can't see three teams in worse shape than us at the moment. But giving us the benefit of the doubt I'll say 4th from bottom again. 
Go into West Brom with an attitude to win it.....get an early upset.....but I don't see Parky changing his ways.  Hope springs eternal Smile
Interesting considering that Birmingham have a transfer embargo, Blackburn have hardly got anyone in and I think we've made some good signings. Obviously you don't rate of them, presumably because we haven't spent multi millions

Hoping to take the division by storm.

64How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 14:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:If we were going to weaken the midfield and play 2 strikers they'd have to be good ones.Unfortunately we've signed two shit ones.
And the finest Bolton team most of us have ever seen, only had Kevin Davies up front.

Yes, you're right, we should compare the current squad to the team that qualified for Europe.

We need to stop being so defensive and actually attack teams, this sitting back and waiting for something to happen doesn't work when you only have one striker, especially when he is isolated as happened in nearly every match after Madine left.

While the Notts Forest game was completely a one off as we had to attack, it showed that we can score create and score goals when we actually play on the front foot.

Of course we're going to get dicked against the better teams, but I'm sick of going to the likes of Ipswich, Brentford, Bristol City and Reading and playing for a 0-0 draw, even when we're behind.

65How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 15:05

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with Nat on this. We need to show some mettle and a desire to WIN games this season right from the off. Sitting back hoping the opposition make a mistake we can exploit isn't going to work for us. It didn't under Dougie Freedman and it hasn't under Phil Parkinson. We need to score goals because we already know we're going to concede in most games. So even though this may give sluffy apoplexy I think we need to use Owen Coyle's attacking style of play more often than not. For that we need at least one more striker of course and it'll need to be a good one but hopefully that will happen before the season starts.

66How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 15:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And more attacking football gets the fans excited, creates an atmosphere and should, hopefully get us more goals. Because without goals you don't get wins.

67How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 15:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Le Fondre has proved time and time again, given the service, he will create and score.

We need to build the team around him, I think we have better players this time around, hopefully Parky will grow a pair.

68How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 15:43

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Adam Le Fondre has proved time and time again, given the service, he will create and score.

We need to build the team around him, I think we have better players this time around, hopefully Parky will grow a pair.
More chance of you growing a pa........... oh hang on.

69How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Thu Aug 02 2018, 15:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:More chance of you growing a pa........... oh hang on.

I don't get it.

70How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 10:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm loving the fact that apart from BWFC's own press releases, everyone in the media, the bookmakers and fans of other clubs are writing us off before a ball is kicked.
We really are the underdogs which will make it all the sweeter if this team comes together and proves them all wrong.

71How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 16:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm hoping we do a Championship version of Leicester City. But please God let's not have Iles or Nixon prancing about in just shorts if we do. I've had enough trauma over the last few years as is. Very Happy

72How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 18:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I'm hoping we do a Championship version of Leicester City. But please God let's not have Iles or Nixon prancing about in just shorts if we do. I've had enough trauma over the last few years as is. Very Happy
What's wrong with shorts? Have you never been to the baths or on a beach before? You should be grateful Lineker hadn't got his budgie smugglers on.

73How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 21:07

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Growler wrote:If we were going to weaken the midfield and play 2 strikers they'd have to be good ones.Unfortunately we've signed two shit ones.

Yes, you're right, we should compare the current squad to the team that qualified for Europe.

We need to stop being so defensive and actually attack teams, this sitting back and waiting for something to happen doesn't work when you only have one striker, especially when he is isolated as happened in nearly every match after Madine left.

While the Notts Forest game was completely a one off as we had to attack, it showed that we can score create and score goals when we actually play on the front foot.

Of course we're going to get dicked against the better teams, but I'm sick of going to the likes of Ipswich, Brentford, Bristol City and Reading and playing for a 0-0 draw, even when we're behind.

The forest game was a complete anomaly, we got promoted and stayed up by being solid defensively, not through attacking prowess. To consider one game and not every point we earned through season is to ignore what actually kept us up - grinding out results.

I think we’ll struggle badly this season, but that’s due to a serious lack of quality again, not the managers tactics with a very limited group of players.

We’ve added nothing in terms of attacking talent, so why on earth should we suddenly be playing offensive football?

74How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 21:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Added nothing of quality? Care to explain Wildschut and Oztumer? Ozzy can get the ball on the deck and confidently pick a pass. Yanic has raw pace and can take a man on, add that to Ameobi and hopefully an improved vela and that midfield will create chances. I think we’ll surprise a few

75How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 21:26

I hope we do, I think Wildschutt is an improvement without a doubt - and I hope Oztumer is too but at the moment do we know if he’s any better than, say Moritz? No we don’t.

My point was aimed at the fact we started last season with Madine and this season we have Magennis. 

I’m an eternal optimist with the whites, but for me given the additions we’ve made anything other than relegation is a great season. We can forget doing that by playing attacking football, we simply don’t have the players.

76How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 21:31

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

we had one of the worst defensive records in the division, a poor manager, poor tactics, and a majority of piss poor players contributed to such a shite season and we still are reliant on Wheater and Beevers who must be the Slowest centre halves I've ever seen !!!! it doesn't bode well !!!!

77How will we fare? - Page 4 Empty Re: How will we fare? Fri Aug 03 2018, 22:40

Not sure how you can make a serious claim that our manager is piss poor given his record with (as you put it) piss poor players? 

If they’re that bad where should they be placed in this league?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum