Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL

+2
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 17:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are delighted to confirm the signing of Josh Magennis from Charlton Athletic for an undisclosed fee.

The striker moves to the club on a two-year deal with the Whites having a long-held interest in the Northern Ireland international.

Starting his senior career with Cardiff City, the 27-year-old spent time on loan with Grimsby Town before moving north of the border to sign for Aberdeen in July 2010.

Joining Kilmarnock in July 2014 following a temporary stint with St Mirren, he scored 20 goals in his two seasons at Rugby Park.

Boasting nearly 40 international caps, Magennis scored his first goal for his country in Northern Ireland’s 3-1 victory over Greece to book their place for Euro 2016 before featuring three times at the finals in France.

Signing for Charlton in August 2016 following the tournament, he recorded double figures in both of his campaigns at The Valley and now links up with Bolton prior to this weekend’s Sky Bet Championship opener against West Bromwich Albion.

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk following the switch, Magennis said: "It's a massive move for myself and when I found out about the club's initial interest, I was itching to get here.

"I'm absolutely delighted to be a Bolton Wanderers player though and hopefully we can make this season a successful one."

Manager Phil Parkinson added: “I’ve been looking to add to our strike force and I’m delighted to have brought in Josh.

"He’s got a real desire and hunger, and I'm looking forward to working with him.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 17:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 19:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It might only be £200k but the significance is that it's the first cash we've spent on a player in years, so a step in the right direction. 

Just hope that the lad works out for us.

4Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 20:30

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Best of luck lad !!!

5Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 20:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:It might only be £200k but the significance is that it's the first cash we've spent on a player in years, so a step in the right direction. 

Aren't you the one who told us endlessly over the summer that Anderson was constantly lying when he said he was ever going to pay a transfer fee, and that all his six figure bids were deliberately set so LOW that they were designed with the sole intent to be totally unacceptable to the players club.

Aren't you the one who has been constantly telling us how Anderson is planning to bankrupt the club and therefore would never, ever invest money in it?

Or as Maurice stated brilliantly earlier today -

Maurice Greene wrote:
Because of course, you wouldn’t want to say anything that was “based on unprovable accusations and the absence of evidence” would you?

6Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:It might only be £200k but the significance is that it's the first cash we've spent on a player in years, so a step in the right direction. 

Aren't you the one who told us endlessly over the summer that Anderson was constantly lying when he said he was ever going to pay a transfer fee, and that all his six figure bids were deliberately set so LOW that they were designed with the sole intent to be totally unacceptable to the players club.

Aren't you the one who has been constantly telling us how Anderson is planning to bankrupt the club and therefore would never, ever invest money in it?

Maurice Greene wrote:
Because of course, you wouldn’t want to say anything that was “based on unprovable accusations and the absence of evidence” would you?

How desperate are you?
So now you're claiming that Anderson's paid for Magennis with his own money? 

Wow.

7Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

8Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:05

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stuffy, aren’t you the one that banned me for abuse? You’ve been abusing wandy for months now. Cock end

9Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Maurice Greene wrote:

How desperate are you?
So now you're claiming that Anderson's paid for Magennis with his own money? 

Wow.

I'm not desperate at all.

Where in that head of yours do you think I claimed that Anderson paid for Magennis with his own money???

You've posted countless times about how Anderson would not make any bids for players that would be accepted - clearly today's signing disproves that and your constant negative and never ending diatribe against Anderson based on nothing other than your opinion of him and what a great businessman you believed yourself to be.

I thought it might have been the time to hold your hand up and say something like 'fair play to Anderson, we bought a player and I never thought we would have whilst he owned the club' - but then again I thought you may have made some sort of a personal public apology to those people you had abused after you returned from your ban - but that didn't happen either.

10Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus wept Sluffy,pull your pants up. I'm taking a break. I think Nat and Johnny have hired a caravan in Skegness. Must be room for me.

11Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Stuffy, aren’t you the one that banned me for abuse? You’ve been abusing wandy for months now. Cock end

Boogers (oh look I can misspell names too) where exactly have I abused Wanderlust in that post (or the subsequent one above also)?

I've never posted any personal abuse at Wanderlust greater than saying that his views were frequently stupid and not rooted in facts.

You on the other hand were posting the world 'Cunt' in reply to every post on here a certain poster made - and even after you were warned to stop it.

Hardly the same thing really is it?

12Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Stuffy, aren’t you the one that banned me for abuse? You’ve been abusing wandy for months now. Cock end

Boogers (oh look I can misspell names too) where exactly have I abused Wanderlust in that post (or the subsequent one above also)?

I've never posted any personal abuse at Wanderlust greater than saying that his views were frequently stupid and not rooted in facts.

You on the other hand were posting the world 'Cunt' in reply to every post on here a certain poster made - and even after you were warned to stop it.

It autocorrected to stuffy.

Nice to see you finally acknowledge that you purposely call me boogers

13Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Empty Re: Josh Magennis Signs - OFFICIAL Mon Jul 30 2018, 21:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

It autocorrected to stuffy.

Nice to see you finally acknowledge that you purposely call me boogers

I've never purposely called you Boogers apart from my last post.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum