Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Brom 1-2 Bolton

+19
boltonbonce
luckyPeterpiper
bryan458
Growler
Boggersbelief
observer
DEANO82
wessy
karlypants
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
rammywhite
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty West Brom 1-2 Bolton Tue 31 Jul - 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst we are still in the process of putting a new team together, WBA haven't really made any huge changes from the team that was tearing up the Premiership under Darren Moore at the end of last season and so far have hung on to their big players apart from McClean who's gone to Stoke. Basically they got rid of two expensive goalies and replaced them with younger talent and got rid of a few aging defenders including that b*****d Jonny Evans the classy Gareth Macauley and brought in talented younger defenders notably Sam Johnstone for #6.5 million from Man United. They've cut their cloth but overall they look to be not far away from where  they were at the end of last year which should be more than enough for this division.
This game is on paper the biggest challenge we'll face all season. I have a lot of time for Darren Moore, especially after him motivating a practically relegated team to victories over Man United and Spurs during their outstanding end to last season and this game will be massive for Parky.
As things stand, anything less than a battering would be a great result I reckon.
Head says we'll lose 2 nil.

2West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Wed 1 Aug - 7:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good synopsis Lusty- but you are being generous at just a 2-0 defeat. I fear the worst and think it might be something like 4-1. We'll have a slow start again this season but hopefully get into gear a lot quicker than last.

3West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Thu 2 Aug - 9:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky speculating on the radio that WBA may lose a few more of their ex-Premiership players before the weekend so that could help - although I think he's just being optimistic.

4West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Thu 2 Aug - 13:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Parky speculating on the radio that WBA may lose a few more of their ex-Premiership players before the weekend so that could help - although I think he's just being optimistic.
Wouldn't make any difference Wanderlust .... you know our away record even against Pub Teams.  ..dunno..

5West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Thu 2 Aug - 14:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Parky speculating on the radio that WBA may lose a few more of their ex-Premiership players before the weekend so that could help - although I think he's just being optimistic.
Wouldn't make any difference Wanderlust .... you know our away record even against Pub Teams.  ..dunno..
I'd feel a little more confident if they lost Rondon and Dawson before Saturday though Terence.
And if we got Foden on loan and bagged Nsiala and a decent striker we'd kill 'em - but sadly that's not going to happen.

6West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Thu 2 Aug - 15:39

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:
I'd feel a little more confident if they lost Rondon and Dawson before Saturday though Terence.
And if we got Foden on loan and bagged Nsiala and a decent striker we'd kill 'em - but sadly that's not going to happen.
Getting those players in is one thing and selecting them for the starting 11 is another. It's not Parky's way unless he had a vision in the off season.

7West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Thu 2 Aug - 16:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:
terenceanne wrote:
I’ll put money in Rondon and Dawson playing against us and then being sold to Premier League teams before anyone else in the Championship has to face them. Just our luck.

8West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Fri 3 Aug - 2:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has like many others outlines the daunting task on Saturday, so I really, really hope we perform well and make a statement of intent.

9West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Fri 3 Aug - 17:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky Previews the game - states we still need 3 or 4 additional players, a few players still behind.

10West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 12:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will the radio be on the Chatbox today?

11West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 12:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Will the radio be on the Chatbox today?

I believe that Karly will be providing Radio Nuts again this season!

Very Happy

12West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 13:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Will the radio be on the Chatbox today?

I believe that Karly will be providing Radio Nuts again this season!

Very Happy

He's a top bloke.

13West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 13:33

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Where did the post go that I posted?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

14West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 13:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:Where did the post go that I posted?

Check your posting history and you will see.

15West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 13:51

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Hall won't be starting in the first 11 today. Just been told. When do the team sheets come out?

16West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 13:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:Hall won't be starting in the first 11 today. Just been told. When do the team sheets come out?
2pm

17West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 13:52

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Update, not even got on the bench Hall either!

18West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 14:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:Update, not even got on the bench Hall either!

Parkinson as already stated that Hall is not ready for the Championship and will be loaned out to a lower level club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 14:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As Parky said he'd be happy for Hall to go out on loan if we sign a striker does that imply we're making progress with either Garner or the mystery forward? Or has he just decided Hall won't hack it in the Championship so he might as well go out anyway?

20West Brom 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: West Brom 1-2 Bolton Sat 4 Aug - 14:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum