Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers, where are they now - Wanderers Station

+3
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
WanderersStationSimon
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

WanderersStationSimon

David Ngog
David Ngog

Pawel Olkowski. That's a name I'm sure none of you heard of before the start of this season. He's had such an impressive start to the season that, unfortunately due to modern football, I'm worried some team or other will swiftly be sniffing around looking to snatch.

This led me to think, not necessarily in similar circumstances, but what other Whites have have headed on to bigger and better things since their time at the ReebokMacronUniversityAnderson Arena...

The first name that springs to my mind, and maybe some others, is Blerim Dzemaili. A young talent swept up from Zurich in 2007, he spent two years at BL6 without making a single appearance. A player who had a big impact in my PES career mode went on to join Torino and since then Parma, Napoli, Galatasaray and now Bologna. With 60-odd appearances for the Swiss National team to boot, I think he's done alright.

Marcos Alonso. We all know where he is. I always said, while he was at the Reebok, he would be an exceptional wing back and he's since proved me right. Defensively shaky but offensively proficient a spell at Fiorentina led him to Chelsea and a League title. Good guy.... If you can excuse his driving....

Gary Cahill has also had an incredible run with Chelsea up until recently, Boltons first England call up since big Michael Ricketts got too big for his boots, and came crashing down to earth after his ghostly display against the Netherlands. This may inspire a follow up post for those that thought they were on their way up, but faltered massively.

Not so much of a step up, but definitely making a top flight career is Jonathan Walters. An ex Bolton youth product flourished for many years on cold Tuesday nights at Stoke. Lionel Messi still has yet to show us if he can do the same. He's currently on loan at Ipswich from Burnley and is a big "what if?" for the Wanderers.

This is just what comes to mind from the top of my head. Does anybody have any other successful former Trotters they would like to share with us? Comment below, on our twitter @WandererStation or on our thread over on our partners, @BoltonNuts forum.

@originalbrown84

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is a team showing an interest, which I said weeks ago. Villarreal want him

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Danny Ward - scored for Cardiff in the Premier League on Monday -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the vast majority of players BWFC is as good as it gets. Plenty thought they could do better, few actually did.

WanderersStationSimon

David Ngog
David Ngog

Natasha Whittam wrote:For the vast majority of players BWFC is as good as it gets. Plenty thought they could do better, few actually did.
That's what I'm thinking for the next post. Who, like Ricketts, thought they could go on but just fucked it haha

Sent from Topic'it App

WanderersStationSimon

David Ngog
David Ngog

Sluffy wrote:Danny Ward - scored for Cardiff in the Premier League on Monday -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Baldy Mooy from Huddersfield is another

Sent from Topic'it App

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Basham is that stand out

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WanderersStationSimon wrote:That's what I'm thinking for the next post. Who, like Ricketts, thought they could go on but just fucked it haha

Arnar Gunnlaugsson. One of my favourite ever players. A goalscoring winger. A joy to watch.

But fucked off to Leicester at the first opportunity, never to be seen again.

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
WanderersStationSimon wrote:That's what I'm thinking for the next post. Who, like Ricketts, thought they could go on but just fucked it haha

Arnar Gunnlaugsson. One of my favourite ever players. A goalscoring winger. A joy to watch.

Agree he was amazing for a short period. Remember some of the goals he scored when as well as cheering you had to laugh as well. Think it was Bristol City away (or maybe Bradford) when just before scoring he sold a dummy that ended up with 3 defenders and the goalkeeper in the stand.
When football used to be entertaining.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Just how old are you?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm 34. I was probably about 15 when Arnar was playing for us.

What's your point?

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm 34. I was probably about 15 when Arnar was playing for us.

What's your point?

My point is, I’ve never even heard of him

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm 34. I was probably about 15 when Arnar was playing for us.

What's your point?

My point is, I’ve never even heard of him

Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:My point is, I’ve never even heard of him

Shit fan.

For a short period of time he was absolutely unplayable.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Clough just scored on his debut

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never heard of him.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Never heard of him.

Laughing

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Never heard of him.

Must be the owd age kicking in

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Must be the owd age kicking in

People often mistake me for a 21 year old. It's the Twirl & Pepsi diet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum