Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from Wanderers Station + Fan interviews?

+13
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
DEANO82
Keegan
wanderlust
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
WanderersStationSimon
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
MartinBWFC
Wanderers Station
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wanderers Station

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Hi all
We're very excited to be working with Bolton Nuts this season (you may remember us from very, very briefly at the start of last season). We're looking to spark as much debate as possible about all things BWFC. As one of our features, we're going to do some fan interviews so we'd love it if any of you would be interested! Questions are below which you can answer in reply to this thread, or PM to me. They'll go up on https://wanderers-station.com/ We'd also welcome any thoughts you have on our content so far, and any suggestions you might have. Many thanks!

1. When did you first start supporting Bolton?
2. Who is your favourite Bolton player of all time?
3. What has been your favourite Bolton match of all time?
4. What are your thoughts on the season so far?
5. What are your thoughts on Phil Parkinson?
6. Where do you think we'll finish this season?

https://wanderers-station.com

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wanderers Station wrote:Hi all
We're very excited to be working with Bolton Nuts this season (you may remember us from very, very briefly at the start of last season). We're looking to spark as much debate as possible about all things BWFC. As one of our features, we're going to do some fan interviews so we'd love it if any of you would be interested! Questions are below which you can answer in reply to this thread, or PM to me. They'll go up on https://wanderers-station.com/ We'd also welcome any thoughts you have on our content so far, and any suggestions you might have. Many thanks!

1 Started watching in 1975
2 Hard one, but probably Worthington
3 Reading playoff final
4 Can't complain, better than expected.
5 Parkinson deploys dated tactics, and in my opinion doesn't know how to adopt attack minded tactics.
6 Anywhere above 20th will be acceptable, however for the purposes of progression mid table should be the aim.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. Watched my first game in 1959,and spent half time crying and wanting to go home. Something I'm still doing on a regular basis.
2. This is too tough a question, but I'm going to leave Nat Lofthouse out of it,and say Jussi. Bargain of the century.
3.Reading play off final.
4. Pleasantly surprised,but,like any Wanderer,waiting for the custard pie.
5.Predictable,but solid on his own level,which is probably the bottom half of the Championship.
6. I think we'll finish a safe 14th.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too many adverts.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. first started going in our one season in the old Division 4
2. Super John
3. 3-1 away win in the FA cup against Arsenal at Highbury
4. Great start to the season, squad looks better and younger than last season but still need more attacking options
5. Parky deserves credit for getting us out of league 1 and keeping us up last season. Not a big fan of his style of play to be honest though. Can be too negative and tries to sit on leads (like Bristol City recently) but overall he's done a good job.
6 Lower to mid table i think.

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Aug 22 2018, 15:51; edited 1 time in total

Wanderers Station

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:Too many adverts.
Fair enough - afraid they're not our choice though. The website host puts them up as we use their free version but we don't get any money from it

WanderersStationSimon

David Ngog
David Ngog

Hey all I'm Simon, part of Wanderers Station. But just so you know me ill answer too...

1. All my life as far as I can remember. I'm 32.
2. Okocha or campo. Used to have a massive afro like Campo, the fans used to chant at me in the ground.
3. Either Reading or Preston playoff finals. An amazing feeling to win a playoff final. Unfortunately due to living in Spain now I couldn't be a part of the forest game last year and was just getting score updates. I didn't half celebrate when we made it though.
4. Beyond all expectations. What a team we've managed to cobble together.
5. What a job he's done. Many would have quit or given up under such circumstances. I worry he lacks a plan b but we look like were playing some actual football this year
6. I think a comfortable 15th.

Sent from Topic'it App

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers Station wrote:
Fair enough - afraid they're not our choice though. The website host puts them up as we use their free version but we don't get any money from it

Surely the cost of removing the ads is minimal, a few quid a year at most?

Wanderers Station

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Wanderers Station wrote:

Surely the cost of removing the ads is minimal, a few quid a year at most?
more than you'd have thought actually. Definitely considering doing it though if it does affect the site for readers

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A simple ad blocker stops these though.  When I go on I can't see any adverts.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:A simple ad blocker stops these though.  When I go on I can't see any adverts.

You're still on the swingers website you bellend.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wondered why everyone was naked

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. When I was about 12 (used to follow my dad's adopted team until I saw the light)
2. Super John McGinlay
3. Reading Play off final
4. Great start, looks like we've made some decent signings.  Hope to keep it up. 
5. Done well given the constraints he has been working under
6. Mid-table but I can dream of a top 6 finish

Wanderers Station

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Cheers for the responses so far on here! Will start posting them tomorrow on Wanderers-Station.com

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. '58/'59 season. 
2. Roy Greaves
3. Bayern away. Still can't believe they took Ribery off when he was murdering us.
4. Way too early to tell but the signs are promising especially from a defensive point of view
5. Seems a nice enough bloke, but drives me crazy with his tactics and selections at times. Appears to have a fixed mindset and even if Anderson gave him some real money I'm not convinced he'd spend it on  decent strikeforce.
6. I'm optimistic. Could be securely in mid-table.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

In 1998 a little-known Jamaican player named Ricardo Gardner was signed by the Wanderers, taking me along as a new supporter.

That honour goes to a chap you may have heard of - Augustine Azuka Okocha.

Bolton 2 - 1 Middlesbrough, Sunday, 11 May, 2003. That result relegated West Ham.

Somebody pinch me! (Not too hard, though.)

Not a huge fan of his football, but difficult to argue with his results.

At this rate, we won't be relegated - I'm looking 12th-15th.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't support Bolton.

Rob Earnshaw.

When Chorley beat Wolves 3-0 at Burnden Park.

Fucking brilliant, 5 wins from 5, no goals conceded.

Who?

TOP! COME ON YOU MAGPIES!

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

1. First match I went to was against Coventry in the Rumbelows cup when I was 9. We lost 3-2.

2 Fernando Hierro just oozed quality and composure something we are lacking at this minute in time. Growing up my favourite player was David Lee probably caused was quite short till I was 16.

3. Reading at Wembley or Liverpool at Anfield are the 2 that stand out but always remember my 1st away game which was at Southampton in the F.A Cup. Julian Derby scored a great volley and celebrated right in front of me. Then Dave Felgate got lobbed from 45 yards whilst stood on his line.

4. 10 points on the board is better than anyone was expecting. Defensively we look better than we have for many a season. 

5. Done a great job under difficult circumstances. 

6. As Cardiff proved last season you just need to be hard to beat and consistent and you can finish anywhere in this league. Think we will finish between 10th and 15th.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

1. 1976/77 season.
2. Neil Whatmore was my first hero, but Jay Jay gets this vote just for the sheer joy with which he played and the entertainment he brought.
3. Liverpool in the FA Cup. No one gave us a prayer but we dismantled them and it's still (imo) the best ninety minutes of BWFC football I've ever seen.
4. Excellent start and laying to rest the spectre of last season's nightmare.
5. Tough job for him but he's doing quite well given the constraints. One worry is how much possession we seem willing to give up but perhaps that will improve now we've made some pretty decent signings.
6. I expect it to be mid table or just below (around 12th to 16th) but that would still be progress.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum