Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trigger happy?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trigger happy?  Empty Trigger happy? Tue Aug 28 2012, 10:41

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

No, not a thread about Angry Dad but about Chesterfield's sackingof John Sheridan. The team have lost one and drawn two of the three opening fixtures. Considering the Bolton board's patience with Coyle after relegation, is this too soon for poor old Sheridan?
Shouldn't all managers be given time at the start of a new season? If you're not going to sack a fella in the closed season then why do it so early in the next?

2Trigger happy?  Empty Re: Trigger happy? Tue Aug 28 2012, 10:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:No, not a thread about Angry Dad but about Chesterfield's sackingof John Sheridan. The team have lost one and drawn two of the three opening fixtures. Considering the Bolton board's patience with Coyle after relegation, is this too soon for poor old Sheridan?
Shouldn't all managers be given time at the start of a new season? If you're not going to sack a fella in the closed season then why do it so early in the next?

Didn't they get relegated last season, so they're in a similar boat to us. They've been fair, giving the guy a chance to redeem his past failure - but 2 points from 9 suggests nothing much has changed.

3Trigger happy?  Empty Re: Trigger happy? Tue Aug 28 2012, 11:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coventry have sacked their manager after three games too and they've not lost this season - they did get relegated last though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19386206

4Trigger happy?  Empty Re: Trigger happy? Tue Aug 28 2012, 11:38

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

I was just wondering if you are going to sack your manager, then why not straight away in the closed season? Might it be a compensation issue? Do they have to pay him less now he's been in charge for this season? Seems a little short sighted really

5Trigger happy?  Empty Re: Trigger happy? Tue Aug 28 2012, 11:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TheHateCamel wrote:I was just wondering if you are going to sack your manager, then why not straight away in the closed season? Might it be a compensation issue? Do they have to pay him less now he's been in charge for this season? Seems a little short sighted really

I think it's got more to do with liking the manager, the Chairman in most cases appointed the manager so he's probably worked closely with him over the past months/years. In Sheridan's case, he'd got Chesterfield promoted the season before so it was probably a tough decision.

Getting rid of Coyle isn't a tough decision though, I have no doubt he'll be out by Christmas...by then it'll be too late to mount a promtion push.

6Trigger happy?  Empty Re: Trigger happy? Tue Aug 28 2012, 11:52

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

That's a view I can't subscribe to. Despite all the times I've been let down by the club, optimism about football has always been my driving factor for watching it. I do think come Christmas we'll be challenging and will kivk on from there.
I'm not blindly following Coyle though. He has a lot to prove but I hope he does it.

7Trigger happy?  Empty Re: Trigger happy? Tue Aug 28 2012, 20:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:
TheHateCamel wrote:I was just wondering if you are going to sack your manager, then why not straight away in the closed season? Might it be a compensation issue? Do they have to pay him less now he's been in charge for this season? Seems a little short sighted really

I think it's got more to do with liking the manager, the Chairman in most cases appointed the manager so he's probably worked closely with him over the past months/years. In Sheridan's case, he'd got Chesterfield promoted the season before so it was probably a tough decision.

Getting rid of Coyle isn't a tough decision though, I have no doubt he'll be out by Christmas...by then it'll be too late to mount a promtion push.
I agree with nat on this, i want him gone and forgotten asap before its too late.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum