Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iles Banned from Ground

+5
wanderlust
maconman
finlaymcdanger
Kane57
Nigelbwfc
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iles Banned from Ground Empty Iles Banned from Ground Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:07

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reporter Marc Iles has been banned from the University of Bolton stadium.

What do people think?

I think this has been coming for a while. Ken Anderson's messages have been pointing that way.

2Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Fri Dec 14 2018, 17:50

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's twice today.

I think no matter what Ken thinks of Iles it shows a staggering lack of self-awareness to actually go ahead and ban him. 

Right before a big game too - world class timing from a man who appears to be losing his grip on reality.

3Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Fri Dec 14 2018, 19:30

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

With any luck he'll ban that Doombar illiterate too

4Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Fri Dec 14 2018, 20:30

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

finlaymcdanger wrote:With any luck he'll ban that Doombar illiterate too

No chance. He's a proper party line toe-er

5Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Fri Dec 14 2018, 20:59

maconman

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Absolutely shocking. It's what happens when you have sole Board member contrary to the Articles of Association (and company law). But we all know this sort of behaviour doesn't worry Ken, given his track record.

6Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Sat Dec 15 2018, 11:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can Anderson actually ban him legally? Is it just from the press room?

7Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Sat Dec 15 2018, 12:05

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't make one of the games over Christmas so he can borrow my season ticket.

8Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Sat Dec 15 2018, 13:21

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

9Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Sat Dec 15 2018, 16:15

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You have to admit this is funny.

10Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Sun Dec 16 2018, 11:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You have to admit this is funny.
Especially the bit about Anderson and his cronies having another think coming if they reckon the media is only there to blow smoke up their ass.

11Iles Banned from Ground Empty Re: Iles Banned from Ground Fri Dec 21 2018, 10:43

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Can Anderson actually ban him legally? Is it just from the press room?
Lusty ken can ban anybody from any part of the club or hotel etc any time he chooses. Basically it's all private land owned by him just like a shop or pub is private land and can ban any individual from entering their premises. The public has no automatic right to enter any commercial premises. They are (in a de facto sense rather than de jure) considered to have been invited in BUT that 'invitation' can be withdrawn at any time and the owner is not obliged to give a reason for doing so.

In the case of Iles, while I understand why Ken's done it and even sympathise with him I feel it's a bad move. The reason is he's now given Iles the opportunity to wear the wholly unearned mantle of a martyr, a man being punished for daring to speak 'the truth' when he frankly wouldn't recognise the truth if it danced a conga across his desk.

However I do believe the BN is also at least partly responsible for this debacle. It's been obvious for months that Iles lacks the professionalism and objectivity required of a journalist and has been advancing his own and the ST's agenda at the expense of facts. The BN should have taken him to task for this but failed to do so and now the matter has been taken out of their hands. By acting in the way he has Ken has effectively left them with no choice but to 'stand by their man' whether they genuinely want to or not.

Personally I hope the BN will see this as an opportunity to appoint someone else to cover BWFC. After all Iles has now upset not one but TWO consecutive chairmen and owners of the club to the point that he's not even welcome at matches. Surely that should tell his employers that this is more than a 'tantrum' by Ken Anderson. We want, we NEED a local reporter who can tell us what's happening at the club good or bad but first and foremost it needs to be someone who reports the facts, not his opinion AS facts. Iles has proven himself either incapable or unwilling to make that distinction and frankly if I owned the BN today I'd be embarrassed by the way he's behaved in my name.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum