Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should tackling be banned?

+11
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Lyric Todkill
gloswhite
Reebok_Rebel
NickFazer
xmiles
Sgt. Bash
Sluffy
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Should tackling be banned? Empty Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No I'm not doing a 'Natasha' at all but City's Vincent Company as just been sent off for a decent tackle - don't take my word for it watch it for yourselves on the link below.

Seems to me that these days the tackle is dead - what do you think?

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/gif-vincent-kompany-red-card-v-arsenal-angle-1/

2Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:39

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I didn't see anything wrong with the tackle either tbh.

3Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:47

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Is it even a foul?

4Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 18:50

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The problem is that officials are incapable of differentiating between a good genuine attempt to win the ball and a reckless challenge. Tackling is a skill and should be encouraged, it lifts the supporters when your side is getting challenges in creating some atmosphere.

5Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:15

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

no the game is too soft as it is. it would be stupid, like banning rackets from tennis...

6Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bring inthe technical support, and we wouldn't be having these discussions. I thought it was a perfectly straight-forward tackle. Wilshere has always gone for a roll when tackled, and this time is no different.

7Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:24

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Mike Dean

Says it all

8Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 19:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can see the FA rescinding the Vinny tackle. I thought it was a bloody good tackle and was never a foul.

9Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I can see the FA rescinding the Vinny tackle. I thought it was a bloody good tackle and was never a foul.

I'll bet my reputation it doesn't get overturned.

10Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:13

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I can see the FA rescinding the Vinny tackle. I thought it was a bloody good tackle and was never a foul.

I'll bet my reputation it doesn't get overturned.

Okay. Let's wait and see. If I am correct then you owe me a fish supper. If I am wrong then I owe you a hot beef injection.

11Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:If I am wrong then I owe you a hot beef injection.

I trust the mods will step in.

12Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The mentality of the referees seems to be, "if in doubt, send him off!"

13Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Sun Jan 13 2013, 20:36

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good tackle that one, but the line is thin.

i mean look at the Johnny Evans tackle, most Bolton fans are still upset that one.

If Kompanys feet are a couple of inches higher you're looking at something similar.

14Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Mon Jan 14 2013, 19:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In my eyes it was a wonderful taken tackle.

But Deano possibly thought that his "trailing" leg was off the ground and could have done damage in which case its a sending off offence!!!

If City appeal, the FA will, hopefully, recind the red card.

15Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Tue Jan 15 2013, 02:51

Bolton Nuts

Admin

That will never be rescinded.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

16Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

have they banned tackling yet?

17Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:31

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If they did, id be seething.

18Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going to be a rich man soon.

Can you send me your phone number by PM my Lawyer wants to talk to you.

19Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Tue Jan 15 2013, 15:40

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Refs have a hard time tbh, well at least Premier League ones.

Every single decision they make is analysed to hell, and they can usually never win. I think they usually do alright, there are a few very duff decisions but I think its massively the medias fault why we have the problems we have with refs today. They can't send people off for diving because if the replay shows that even a hair was touched by the opposition Hanson and his chums will be saying there was contact so he had a right to go down, and the ref will be blamed, not worth the risk.

This was a decent tackle, in slow motion and replays, in real time the way Wilshere fell made it look a hell of a lot worse, and even though it was one footed after the tackle is made he raises both feet which made it look as though it was two footed. Watch the propper video footage and you will see what the ref sees. Kompanys two feet, off the floor coming out from under Wilshere.

Eventually a ref is always going to make a mistake, I feel there have been far worse ones made than this in the past.

What annoys me is when clear cheating by the likes of Suarez is witnessed every game and then we are told by the media to stop critising him because he might leave. Are they taking the piss? if hes diving he should be punished, we shouldn't be bloody threatened that he will leave, as if anyone who isn't a Liverpool fans cares. I don't want cheating bastards in our best league so he can leave if he wants, or actually punish people for diving, they will soon stop.

Doing that would bring better tackling back into the game.

20Should tackling be banned? Empty Re: Should tackling be banned? Tue Jan 15 2013, 16:19

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Biggie wrote:That will never be rescinded.

erm it has been!

:drink:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum