Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

ALAN HOUGHTON'S FAN'S VIEW: Bristol City 2 Wanderers 1

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Bolton News' Fan's View columnist Alan Houghton gives his view on Friday night's FA Cup fourth round defeat at Bristol City

It seemed like Groundhog Day as we boarded the coach for Bristol again, less than a fortnight after our last visit.

There is nothing good to say about Britain’s motorways on a Friday afternoon as we encountered numerous delays and arrived with barely enough time to have a swift pint of much-needed Butcombe bitter before the game.

Phil Parkinson made the promised changes and we were delighted to see two youngsters, Luca Connell and Joe Pritchard, given their first starts.

Those fans who watch the Development games were particularly pleased.

The match turned out to be a good cup tie in which we were in with a shout right until the end.

We went with three central defenders and two wing-backs, and we gave as good as we got.

As with the West Brom game, there were plenty of good crosses fired in.

We just need someone to get on the end of them.

There were some good performances, with Joe Pritchard coping well, but special mention has to be given to Luca Connell, who was brilliant.

His cross for Mark Beevers to score was world class and his vision, passion and passing ability was there for all to see.

In the end it was a case of deja-vu with the same scoreline as two weeks ago, but I felt a lot better about this performance, giving me some hope for this season.

We’ve got to stop the infighting and heal our differences and stick together to get out of this mess.

When you look at how quietly and orderly things were sorted with Norwich City over Remi Matthews, then I would seriously question who was the real villain in the Christian Doidge affair.

Ken Anderson and [The Bolton News Wanderers writer] Marc Iles should get together and sort out their differences, respecting they both have their own jobs to do.

There are enough outsiders out there who are quick to put the boot in on Bolton Wanderers at the slightest opportunity.

We don’t need to do it to ourselves. I want to see a siege mentality where if you kick Bolton Wanderers, you kick Bolton.

If we can get good results against the teams around us, we will have a fighting chance to avoid the drop.

These youngsters could give us the spark we need.

I don’t need to tell everyone how important it is to beat Reading on Tuesday night. Let’s do it.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck off RT.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum