Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson makes fan plea for Reading clash

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has urged Wanderers fans to leave differences at the door and create a hostile environment for opponents Reading tonight.

Following the announcement that fans groups will mount a second protest against Bolton owner Ken Anderson an hour before kick-off, Parkinson made a direct plea to those attending the game for their full backing once the game gets underway.

Wanderers sit second bottom of the Championship, three points from safety, and could climb above Reading with a much-needed victory.

Though Parkinson played down the billing of this game as a must-win, he feels the mood generated inside the stadium will be a major factor on the outcome.

“I never like saying things are ‘must win’ because there’s a lot of football to be played,” he told The Bolton News. “But everyone knows the importance of the game and the feeling in the stadium behind the team will have a deciding factor on us getting a result.

“It would really hurt me after the game if the Reading team has enjoyed playing here, or if the atmosphere isn’t a positive one behind the team.

“In fairness to the supporters, home and away, they have got right behind us. We need that.

Supporters groups have announced they will once again march around the stadium, assembling at 7pm outside the Nat Lofthouse statue.

“It isn’t ideal,” said Parkinson of the impending protest. “Like I said after the game the chairman is actively trying to sell the club and I don’t think the protests will make him speed that process up.

“He is trying and has been for a long time. He is working towards bringing people to the club who he thinks can take it forward. But as it has shown at Newcastle, Hull – good clubs – it isn’t easy. You need someone to show they have the funds to take it forward. When you buy a club you have to show you have the funds to take it forward for the next two years as well. It is a complicated process.

“I know from speaking to Ken and Paul Aldridge he is trying to leave the club in good hands.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum