Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

POST MATCH REACTION: Swansea 2 Bolton 0

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Craig Noone and David Wheater saw red as Wanderers slipped to a defeat at Swansea City which leaves them seven points from Championship safety.

A dismal week continued for the Whites, who held firm until 10 minutes from time with nine men before Oli McBurnie put the Swans ahead.

Bersant Celina then added a second in stoppage time to compound Bolton’s misery.

Noone was given a yellow card for tripping Nathan Dyer as Swansea were awarded a first-half penalty by referee Gavin Ward. But Remi Matthews denied McBurnie from the spot.

The Bolton winger then picked up an unfortunate second in a challenge with McBurnie just before the interval.

Wheater’s red was more straightforward, as Swansea countered on sub Luke Murphy’s poor pass, his trip on Wayne Routledge was deemed a professional foul.

Wanderers also had Josh Magennis stretchered off early in the second half in what proved a testing afternoon.

“Not much more could have gone against us today,” said Phil Parkinson.

“Even with 10 men I thought we were comfortable in the game but to go down to nine men, it’s very, very difficult.

“It’s a combination of things but all I want to talk about is the game.

“Nooney’s sending off is just a terrible decision. It’s a block challenge. I honestly don’t know how you can tackle any fairer than he did. I honestly can’t see how he gave a yellow card for it.

“Then we had our centre-forward tackled from behind and not even get the yellow card.

“I have the benefit of seeing them again, and the second sending-off is a sending-off. There are no covering defenders. But the first one wasn’t even a booking.”

Parkinson made little comment about off-the-field issues, including the fact that staff did not received their February wages or the ongoing efforts to sell.

“I haven’t had any contact with anybody,” he said. “I hope there is a resolution in the coming days.”

Victories for Reading and Rotherham leave Wanderers way adrift in 23rd position, with Parkinson able to offer little optimism after the final whistle.

“It’s a bad day for us and I can’t really say any more than that. Everything has gone against us,” he said.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum