Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Derby 4-0 Bolton

+7
rammywhite
gloswhite
Growler
boltonbonce
Norpig
wanderlust
karlypants
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Derby 4-0 Bolton Fri Apr 12 2019, 09:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't see anything other than another defeat.

My prediction: 3-0

Last edited by karlypants on Sun Apr 14 2019, 15:18; edited 3 times in total

2Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Fri Apr 12 2019, 09:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed. And it's probably too late to think there's any incentive to win, but I hope the lads try to put in a performance.

3Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Fri Apr 12 2019, 09:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm past caring about this season now to be honest as are the players and Parky. Another defeat looms it's just by how many.

4Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Fri Apr 12 2019, 11:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I too have written the season off. We're going down.

What irks me is that, after last season's glorious final day escape against Forest, we have to visit them on the final day of this season, and get it shoved right up us.

Painful.

5Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Fri Apr 12 2019, 15:06

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't think there will be much baiting from the Derby and Forest fans as the goals go raining in.They'll probably feel sorry for a club dying on its arse.
We beat a bankrupt Newport 6-0 in 87/88 they came up north with a team of kids and fat pub players, it wasn't a nice experience watching them get thrashed.

I would even think the Aston Villa "empty seats my Lord" brigade will be more respectful when they see whats become of BWFC

6Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Fri Apr 12 2019, 22:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Growler wrote:I don't think there will be much baiting from the Derby and Forest fans as the goals go raining in.They'll probably feel sorry for a club dying on its arse.
We beat a bankrupt Newport 6-0 in 87/88 they came up north with a team of kids and fat pub players, it wasn't a nice experience watching them get thrashed.

I would even think the Aston Villa "empty seats my Lord" brigade will be more respectful when they see whats become of BWFC
I took my 7 year old daughter to the Newport match, her first game. Also took her colouring book and crayons, just in case she got bored.  She jumped up and down when we scored the first, along with the rest of us. By the time the 6th one went in she carried on colouring, and all I heard was a muted 'Yaay'  Very Happy
But you're right, its not good seeing a club in the position they were in. Genuinely felt sorry for them.

7Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sat Apr 13 2019, 12:07

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref Watch: Andy Davies to take charge of Derby County away clash

Andy Davies will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship away clash against Derby County on Saturday afternoon at the Pride Park Stadium.

In his seventh year as an official, Davies has overseen 33 games this season, in which he has produced 112 yellow cards and six red cards during those fixtures.

When looking towards last season, Davies dished out 104 yellow cards in 31 games, branding just six red cards in total.

The last time Davies officiated a Wanderers game was February 2019, where he oversaw a Wanderers 1-0 away victory against Birmingham City.

In that game, he brandished three yellow cards - Craig Noone and Callum Connolly for the Whites and Wes Harding for the Blues.

Timothy Wood and Mark Dwyer will run the line for the fixture, with Christopher Sarginson as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sat Apr 13 2019, 12:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Derby County vs. Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers head to Derby County on Saturday afternoon in a Sky Bet Championship away clash. With that in mind, bwfc.co.uk highlight five things to take into this weekend's game.

1. Derby challenge

Speaking to bwfc.co.uk prior to the clash, manager Phil Parkinson spoke about what he expects from Frank Lampard's Derby County this weekend.

Parkinson said: ‘Derby play with a 4-3-3 formation and they are a team who have a lot of talented young players - a lot of those are the loan players they've brought in.’

'They've had some good days this season, particularly in the cup. Their league position at the moment is probably not what they would have wanted. It's not all been plain sailing for them.'

'We've got to make sure that we understand what we have got to do tomorrow. They're a team that you can create chances against, and we've got to go down there with the belief we can do that.'

2. The reverse fixture – Bolton Wanderers 1-0 Derby County 29/09/18 (Craig Noone)

Earlier this season in September 2018, Wanderers welcome Frank Lampard’s side to the University of Bolton Stadium.

Ten minutes in and Wanderers took the lead, as Will Buckley looped a cross to the back post for Craig Noone to power his header back across goal and into the back of the net, wheeling away to celebrate with an on looking Stephen Darby.

Derby tried to respond throughout the game, but it was not enough as Phil Parkinson’s men took all three points in the sunshine.

To relive these highlights, follow the YouTube link below!

3. New Faces at Pride Park Stadium

In the January transfer window, Rams manager Frank Lampard brought in a few new faces to bolster his squad.

A face that Lampard knows very well is former teammate and England international Ashley Cole.

His career is filled with trophies, having won it all domestically at his former clubs Arsenal and Chelsea.

Cole has over 100 England caps and joined the Rams in January 2019, following a spell abroad at LA Galaxy.

Along with Cole, Efe Ambrose joined on a short term contract with the Derbyshire club, after leaving Hibernian earlier in January.

Having played in his native Nigeria, Israel and Scotland, Ambrose has won a selection of trophies ranging from multiple Scottish Premiership titles with Celtic, to winning the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013 with the Super Eagles.

4. Discount Shirt Offer

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Buy a BWFC home, away, third choice or goalkeeper replica shirt for just £19.99 each in our replica kit sale.

Get kitted out in club colours while you support the lads for the remainder of the campaign at an amazing price, while stocks last.

Whether it’s the traditional white home shirt, the popular black away shirt or the stunning blue third shirt, make sure you don’t miss out.

Check out bwfcdirect.co.uk for further reductions across the BWFC replica range.

5. Opponent’s recent form

When looking to Derby County’s current form, they have taken six points from their last five league matches.

Their previous home game was a 6-1 heavy victory against Rotherham United, with Bradley Johnson, Duane Holmes, Mason Mount and a brace from Martyn Waghorn completing the rout.

They currently sit eighth in the division, just five points out of the play-off places.

When looking to their home record in the last five games, Derby have come away with eight points and are currently undefeated in their last four outings at Pride Park.

9Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sat Apr 13 2019, 14:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

10Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sat Apr 13 2019, 14:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the Portal!

11Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sat Apr 13 2019, 15:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sat Apr 13 2019, 15:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for sharing Boncey. Smile

13Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sat Apr 13 2019, 16:56

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Predictable and pathetic.

14Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sun Apr 14 2019, 12:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just shows the level of apathy that no one can even be bothered venting their spleen on here when we get our customary thrashing.

15Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sun Apr 14 2019, 14:56

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Just shows the level of apathy that no one can even be bothered venting their spleen on here when we get our customary thrashing.
I don’t think there’s much to vent about when we’re being beaten by the likes of Derby or Boro. They’re a different league (literally next season) to us. In fact, we’re not far from being 2 leagues apart.
It’s shit like the defeat to Ipswich that makes the blood boil and brings the rants.

I switched off at 2-0 yesterday and didn’t bother to look at the final score until this morning. It’s pointless getting worked up about it and letting the twats ruin another weekend. We aren’t Championship standard and simply don’t belong in this league.

I’m just going to enjoy the rest of the Champions League and ignore Anderson, Parkinson and this inadequate squad until next season. Hopefully things will have changed for the better by then.

16Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sun Apr 14 2019, 15:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Chorley can defy the odds and get promoted, this will be my last season watching BWFC regularly.

There's no doubt my feelings for BWFC have changed this season, I really don't care as much as I used to.

I urge everyone to get to Victory Park next Saturday for a massive game against Stockport, even if you have no feelings for either team I promise you the atmosphere will be like Burnden in the good old days.

17Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sun Apr 14 2019, 15:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Derby County vs. Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers were defeated 4-0 on their travels by Derby County, with a Mason Mount hat-trick and Craig Bryson goal the difference in this Sky Bet Championship clash.

Team News

Manager Phil Parkinson made four changes from the side that started against Middlesbrough in the Sky Bet Championship.

Andrew Taylor and Clayton Donaldson replaced Pawel Olkowski and Josh Magennis, with Will Buckley and Callum Connolly coming in for Craig Noone and Marc Wilson.

First Half

Mason Mount had the first chance of the game, with an effort from distance that was blocked expertly by David Wheater.

Harry Wilson followed up with a speculative effort of his own, but Wanderers defended the situation easily.

Luca Connell nearly worked his way into the box shortly after, but Fikayo Tomori was able to intercept and cleared the ball to safety.

Andrew Taylor caused mischief down the left flank with 20 minutes of the first half gone, as he hooked a cross into the area for Clayton Donaldson to head towards goal – forcing a save out of Rams’ goalkeeper Kelle Roos.

Derby continued to press on, with Martyn Waghorn providing a shot that stung the gloves of Remi Matthews.

With 37 minutes gone, Derby’s pressure finally broke through the resilient Wanderers defence, as Craig Bryson smashed his strike past Matthews from a tight angle.

Minutes before the interval and a Jayden Bogle cross found its way to Mason Mount, who fired at the Whites goal but saw his effort go wide of the mark.

In the time added on, Derby doubled their lead as Mount finished off a through ball that left Matthews stranded to the spot.

Second Half

Derby came out looking strong after the break, with Harry Wilson trying to extend the home side’s lead only for a Wanderers defender to block his second attempt.

Mount nearly had his second for the afternoon in the opening stages of the half, with his curled effort finishing just wide of the target.

However moments later, the Chelsea loanee had his second goal.

A Tom Lawrence cross into the penalty area found the midfielder, who scored from close range.

Martyn Waghorn found space on the 18-yard-box, before firing at goal and forcing a double save out of Matthews.

Luca Connell stepped up with a free-kick with 16 minutes to go of regulation play, but the young Wanderers effort finished inches away from the target.

With eight minutes left of this clash, Derby added a fourth and it was a hat-trick for Mason Mount.

Ashley Cole played a perfectly weighted pass through to the attacking midfielder, who slid the ball past Matthews.

Wanderers fought hard until the end but couldn’t find a goal as the referee blew for full time.

Full Time

Wanderers XI: Matthews, Taylor, Beevers, Donaldson, Ameobi (Noone 72), Buckley (Little 60), Connolly, O’Neil, J. Williams, Wheater (C), Connell.

Unused subsitutes: Alnwick, Oztumer, Wilson, Magennis, Pritchard.

18Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sun Apr 14 2019, 17:56

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:If Chorley can defy the odds and get promoted, this will be my last season watching BWFC regularly.

There's no doubt my feelings for BWFC have changed this season, I really don't care as much as I used to.

I urge everyone to get to Victory Park next Saturday for a massive game against Stockport, even if you have no feelings for either team I promise you the atmosphere will be like Burnden in the good old days.
I quite like Stockport, their win(s) at Man City in the league 20 years were very funny and they still have their nice old fashioned ground near the town centre.I hope they win at Chorley and their rough manc supporters misbehave

19Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Sun Apr 14 2019, 18:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was thinking about Salford City if Bolton go completely bust...

20Derby 4-0 Bolton Empty Re: Derby 4-0 Bolton Mon Apr 15 2019, 08:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I was thinking about Salford City if Bolton go completely bust...

I'll be going to Stockport County i reckon, i'm not far from Stockport and it's 5 minutes walk from the train station.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum