Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+23
rammywhite
Nigelbwfc
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
Bollotom2014
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
Cajunboy
observer
Growler
gloswhite
bryan458
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
karlypants
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
boltonbonce
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:21 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Someone needs to stop Boncey taking any more selfies.
That's not a selfie. I can get you £2 off the slippers if you mention my name.

2anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:44 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Can you get a few quid off Chelsea Transfers too Bonce?

3anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:51 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Can you get a few quid off Chelsea Transfers too Bonce?
You must have clocked the front cover of 'When Saturday Comes' magazine. Very Happy

4anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:59 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:You must have clocked the front cover of 'When Saturday Comes' magazine. Very Happy

Clearly that photo has been staged. I don't see you reading Jules Verne or literature about the Civil War.

I had you down as a Beano man.

5anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:03 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:You must have clocked the front cover of 'When Saturday Comes' magazine. Very Happy

Clearly that photo has been staged. I don't see you reading Jules Verne or literature about the Civil War.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:17 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bash Street Kids, I bloody knew it.

7anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:

How big a coincidence is that (unless you watched it too) because only today I watched the film Mysterious Island which is from the book written by Jules Verne and involved a group of soldiers from the American Civil War!

8anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:31 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Spooky. Shocked

9anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:59 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Norpigs heads gone again I see
You all need to chill. See these? My feet. Up on the desk and protected by my old , but trusty, zip up slippers.
I'm chilled out, waiting for the manure to get dumped out of the CL, then I'll make myself a nice mug of Horlicks.  Things are gonna be fine. I'm on my third joint.

Hope not, I stand to win £700 if they win and both teams score

Fantastic result for you then - well done!

Very Happy

10anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:11 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no words. Outplayed the whole match. Two gifted goals, then a ridiculous penalty in the last minute.
I'm not looking or listening to any news media tomorrow.
I'm now going to bed, and the whole world can piss right off.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:22 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bonce needs banning for having such poor taste in slippers. Especially zip ups!

Bonce also needs arresting by the fashion police as well for above! Very Happy

12anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:54 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Bonce needs banning for having such poor taste in slippers. Especially zip ups!

Bonce also needs arresting by the fashion police as well for above! Very Happy
I'll be addressing those remarks tomorrow. Evil or Very Mad

13anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jog on pretend Wanderer  Razz

14anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:30 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The rules on pens change in the summer - finally they've decided to take the concept of "intent" out of the refs role - as though they were all competent mind readers. Simply put, if it touches the hand in the box, it's a pen. End of.

15anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 am

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Jog on pretend Wanderer  Razz

Does saying that help you sleep?

Why would I randomly choose to be a member of multiple Bolton forums for decades.

Sad wanker? No. I'm a fan of the club.

16anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:36 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would like to update everyone on the potential takeover but unfortunately confidentiality clauses and half a dozen lawyers prevent me from doing so. However, I can confirm that discussions are ongoing with several parties and I am hopeful that completion will happen before I retire to Benidorm.
Obviously, the delay is very disappointing but to be honest l am not surprised as it seems a regular event with takeovers these days. Whenever we get to the point that a deal seems certain, they always refuse to drop their pants and straddle the barrel. Typical, and I only asked them to pay the players and slip me another 5 mill with a very reasonable £3 million bonus if the club doesn't drop to League 2 within the next 18 months. I can only assume they're another bunch of tyre-kickers so I reminded them that there are another 47 consortiums queuing up to take this wonderful opportunity if they don't hurry up and dosh me and the fat lad up quick time.
Similar situations have occurred at Hull and Charlton and several other clubs. I would like to be able to give you more information as to why the transaction was delayed, but unfortunately, as l am sure you will appreciate, I am restricted by NDA and confidentiality clauses. Being an astute businessman, I also made damned sure they will never be able to talk about anything for the duration of their natural lives. It is important however to appreciate that these transactions take time as my accountant is still serving time for the car dealership thing. 
A great deal has and no doubt and will continue to be written and said about my ownership and time at the club, so I thought it would be a good time to look back and tell you what a great job I've done. 

When l was first asked to assist, the club was on the brink of going into administration or even worse liquidation and my involvement was to be short term to try to arrange some investment or short term bridging finance until I could get rid of Deano and grab control of the assets. 
Prior to my involvement, to the best of my knowledge and belief, Trevor Birch had already sold off the training ground at Euxton to Wigan Athletic, the North Stand offices, the corner flags, 234 sq mtrs of the pitch adjacent to the ESL, half the stock of Carr's pasties, Doris's kettle, Mark Beever''s left leg, a handful of discarded Twirl wrappers and several strategically placed waste bins. 
Dean Holdsworth and his associate Michael Collins had taken out a £5m loan from BluMarble through Sportshield with debentures and also gave charges effectively over everything the club and its associated businesses still owned but I knew it wouldn't be long before it was all mine. Although it has to be said that the club only actually received 43p and a signed photo of Deano's knob. TBF he did sign it "All the best for a happy future, kindest regards, Dean Christopher Holdsworth" - I was pretty damned impressed I can tell you.
Subsequent events and what happened to both of them and the loan have already been well publicised including his totally fictitious account of what really happened. I blame myself for this. I should have had him bumped off before he squealed, but I won't make the same mistake again, that's for sure.
It was the legacy of the above debts and loans, as well as some non-commercial and dubious agreements with numerous agents, suppliers, caterers, professionals and other contractors as well as a rates burden which shocked me to the core when I found out that they are all needed to run a football club, but undeterred, I made it my mission to make their lives a misery on your behalf. Unfortunately, at the time of writing, they still want paying apparently, so I'll just pass that one on to the tyre kickers.

During my ownership we have done our best to substantially reduce costs and increase revenues and now have one of the lowest debts and operating costs in the Championship which is probably why our team is shite, everyone hates me, the staff are unpaid and we've had more court cases than Ironside. When you consider that the debts when I first arrived were close to a quarter of a billion pounds it just goes to show how much has been achieved. Obviously Eddie also helped out a bit with this by writing them off, but it's still my achievement wouldn't you agree?
Indeed, I am pleased to say that the 2018 accounts will show a small profit, and it's further testament to my good work that it took me months and months to think those numbers up.

So it looks like it's sayonara and so long suckers from me as it's time to saddle up the missus and mosey out of town. I can't say it's been good - it hasn't, so I won't, but I'm not complaining or at least I won't be if those tyre kickers swallow my semi-tumescent proposal.

Au revoir Burton Wobblers Fencing Club or whatever you're called.

PS. Don't forget to buy your shirts, kits, scarves, rattles, car seat covers, trainers, knickers, sports bras, season tickets, willie warmers and crockery in the next two hours so I can use the sales as leverage to get a better deal for the club. And you're mugs.

17anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:21 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Saturday’s victory against Millwall had been a long time coming and was a just reward for all the hard work and efforts put in by the players in recent matches. Despite the intensity of the game, we played with a lot of confidence.
Hopefully, it will provide a springboard for us to go on a roll of positive results continuing against Sheffield Wednesday tonight and when we make the short trip to our neighbours Wigan Athletic on Saturday.
I am really pleased that we will once again be hosting our community fixture, in conjunction with Bolton Wanderers Community Trust and Bolton at Home, when we host Ipswich Town on Saturday 6 April. I hope everybody is able to take advantage of the £5 ticket offer and pack the stadium as we celebrate our community. You can buy tickets for this game by visiting here.

After a number of last minute hitches which caused some unforeseeable delays, I can confirm that all outstanding salaries for players and coaching staff have now been paid and we can all now put our energy and focus into supporting the players for tonight’s important match.
As I recently said, a great deal has and no doubt will continue to be written and said about my ownership and time at the club if the last few days are anything to go by.

As they say, ‘you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t.’
Hopefully, the takeover will be completed later this week and the new owners will be in place and will be given the time and opportunity to take the club forward, but if these are to be my final set of notes and comments then it would be remiss of me if I didn’t say a final few words about my time at the club and the people who have helped and assisted me throughout.

I still stand by my decision to appoint Phil Parkinson and his management team and thank each and every one of them for the support and loyalty they have shown me through the good and bad times both on and off the pitch. I can assure you that in my opinion what they have done and achieved for everyone involved with this club has been excellent. Despite constant recent calls for their dismissal, l still believe, they are the best team of people to help this club retain Championship status this season and hopefully kick on next season.

I can honestly say the same for the squads of players that have been involved over the last three years and you only have to look at the current squad’s recent performances against Birmingham City, Leeds United and Millwall to see that the squad are fully behind the management team. With the support and character they have shown throughout the ups and downs, there is no doubt in my mind that they have the tenacity, spirit and togetherness to overcome the challenges ahead.
For my part, I am truly grateful for all the help, patience and understanding they have all extended me through all the highs and lows over the last three years.
Like last season, I am sure there will be many more twists and turns and it would not surprise me if it went to the last few games once again. As we all know and see week in week out the Championship is relentless and the level and standards have gone up several notches in the last few years and the monies being spent now on transfers and salaries by some of the big clubs is not far behind where the Premier League was just a few years back.

I also want to extend my sincere thanks to all the loyal staff throughout the club, stadium, training ground and hotel for everything they have done and the support and loyalty they have continually shown me throughout my time here at the club during all the ups and downs.
No one should ever forget all the hard work and efforts they have put in through extremely difficult and testing times and that it was because of their continued support, commitment, hard work and long hours, often beyond the call of duty, that have ensured the club is in a much better position today than it was three years ago. It is each and every one of them that we have to thank for bringing the major events including the concerts, rugby and numerous conferences and shows back, not to forget the first team games and ensuring the club survived during those dark days.
That said, we all enjoyed some memorable times, especially with our promotion from League 1 at the first attempt and last season’s final day last gasp victory at home Nottingham Forest. Memories that will last forever!

Cash flow has always been a problem at the club, both before and since I became involved, and if it wasn’t for Ed Davies and my limited financial support, I can assure you things would have been far worse. I understand why staff and supporters seem to believe that it’s the owner’s sole responsibility to just keep on personally topping up the bank accounts and pay everything and everybody, but unfortunately that’s not always possible. Business life is just not like that and sometimes I have had to make difficult decisions that obviously don’t make me popular and I can assure you that if there had been a viable alternative I would have taken it. That said, paying the staff salaries late once and the players twice in the three years of my ownership certainly did not sit comfortably with me and is not something I would have chosen to do in other circumstances and I apologise unreservedly to all concerned.

Unfortunately, this problem is not reserved just for football and you only have to look at recent High Street business administrations to see the effect rent, rates and salaries are having on all businesses.
I believe that we have done a reasonable job in trying to control costs at the club, although I am the first to admit that there is still more to achieve before we can say the job is completed, but to put this into perspective, from all the clubs that that have so far  reported last season’s accounts, a number recorded operating losses of over £30m with one close to £50m and salaries alone being substantially higher than total income, with several teams spending close to £1m in wages for every point they achieved last season.
For example, Wolves finished in first place with 99 points and, on wages, spent £512,000 per point as they dominated the Championship. Their turnover was £25.4M but spent 192% of their turnover on wages. Consequently, they made an operating loss of £46.7M.
Cardiff, who finished second on 90 points, spent a total of £48.4M on wages with a turnover of £32.78M, equating to 148%. They made an operating loss of £34.1m.
Bristol City finished in 11th place with 67 points and, on wages, spent an equivalent of £345,000 per point. Their turnover was £17.1M but spent 135% of their turnover on wages and made an operating loss of £15.7m.
Nottingham Forest achieved 53 points and spent a total of £27.7M on wages with a turnover of £22.6M, equating to 122%. They made an operating loss of £20.3M.

I regularly hear that the supporters think Lee and I do not have the same feelings as them when results and matters off the pitch do not go right, but believe me we are both as gutted and frustrated as everyone else and also have terrible and stressful weekend as well. I can tell you that our train and car trips back home are just as bad as everyone else’s. The Club will forever be in both our thoughts and hearts and we will continue to support and look out for the results with bated breath.

I would like to make some comments about the unfortunate incidents we saw at the weekend with spectators invading the pitch at several matches, and especially at St Andrew’s where Jack Grealish was assaulted.
These incidents were appalling and it’s pleasing to note that the relevant authorities are taking the appropriate action which will hopefully act as a deterrent going forward.
I’ve noted several football writers who have commented on the role social media may have played in the general unpleasantness that seems to be permeating through certain sections of society and I have made similar comments myself in the past.

Some people who use these sites almost dehumanise their ‘targets’ and think that any form of abuse is fair game. Through their perceived anonymity they launch no-holds-barred attacks on people which spread contagiously and incite others. As we have seen at the weekend, this frenzy can then enter real life which could have potentially devastating effects on people.

My family and I have been targeted on social media and that is why I have heeded the advice from the police and reluctantly stopped attending matches both home and away in recent weeks.
Hopefully, these social media sites find a method of stopping this uncontrolled and anonymous abuse.

Going forward, all I wish for the staff, players and supporters is all the best for the future and hopefully a return to the Premier League in the not too distant future.
As always, be loud, be proud and get behind the lads tonight and for the rest of this season.

Ken

18anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:40 pm

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

AWWWWWWWW Poor Ken !!!!

19anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:20 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Couldn't have been easy running a club when you have no money.

Whatever happens, I wish him well for the future, because without him, we simply wouldn't have survived.

20anderson - Ken Anderson - update. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:58 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
Whatever happens, I wish him well for the future, because without him, we simply wouldn't have survived.
Yes we would have.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum