Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - An apology.

+12
King Bill
rammywhite
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
Soul Kitchen
wanderlust
whatsgoingon
karlypants
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 18:58

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

When it was announced that (formerly banned from being a company director and ostensibly dodgy bastard) Ken Anderson was involved in Dean Holdsworth's (remember him?) bid to buy the club, it's fair to say that I was a bit critical.

And I might have said a few things about "asset-stripping" and "flogging anything that wasn't nailed down before buggering off into the night" and stuff like that.

Well, six months on, we're flying high in second place in League One, averaging the two points a game which is normally enough to get you promoted and everything's looking hunky dory.

I'm not getting carried away but everything could be a lot worse and even a bitter, cynical bastard like me has to admit that things appear to be on the up at Bolton Wanderers.

So if you're reading this Kenneth (and why wouldn't you be?), I'd like to apologise for some of the things I said about you back then.

Whatever your motives, you appear to be delivering on your commitment to steadying the ship and getting the team back into a position where the football's actually fun to watch.

Who knows, if things carry on in this vein, even this shit fan might actually abandon his armchair in favour of a cold, blue plastic seat again.....

2Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 19:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things will only look up when I win on Golden Gamble. I can't even get close.

I'd have settled for the fourth prize of a Hollands pies hamper selection.

3Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 19:12

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Christ, that's a good prize!

The top three must be corkers if they top that.

4Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 19:15

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Seriously now for a sec, anybody got any info on Holdsworth?

What's the crack?

Is he still involved on a daily basis?

5Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 19:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First rule of football forums: never apologise for anything.

6Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 19:39

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Now, now...come on, Tash - Sometimes you've got to be the bigger man (even you) and admit you may have been wrong.

It's cathartic.

7Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 21:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Breaders, you weren't alone in your skepticism, although you may have been a bit more vociferous about your assumptions than the rest of us  Very Happy

8Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 21:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking forward to "Brexit - An Apology".

9Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 21:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Holy shit Nat ! We know that one will never happen  Shocked

10Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 22:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm looking forward to "Brexit - An Apology".
This I am looking forward to but good on Breadders for coming out and making this thread! Very Happy

11Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 22:22

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Very Happy We all are

12Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 22:28

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think given what we'd been dragged through as a club and Kens shall we say colourful past even the most positive fans would have had reservations.
I like the way he goes about his business in a calm way, he speaks when he needs to speak and when there's something to say and certainly doesn't hide, but doesn't want to be the star of the show either.
Definitely so far so good, when I saw the headline I though it may have been the ST.
Breaders was positive about him compared to them.

13Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 23:18

Ken has been great so far, but i too would like to know how much or how little deano is now involved.  At the beginning it seemed as though ken would be the the silent partner and deano the face.  It has been very much so the other way around.

Im not complaining as it is working regardless.  Let the good times continue Very Happy

14Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sat 29 Oct - 23:47

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

whatsgoingon wrote:
Very Happy We all are

Not fucking happening anytime soon.

When we've finally left the EU in about 18 months' time and we then go on to dominate the world principally because we've got the best navy and we're not averse to the idea of exploiting new lands and their resources and the natives are too fucking stupid to stop us as we kill them all and we build an empire which makes us all dead rich....I'll apologise.

Because, as far as I can see, that's the scenario that plenty of the Leave voters expect to happen.

As they claim their benefits and munch on their crayons.

15Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sun 30 Oct - 11:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like Brexit, Ken Anderson's tenure hasn't reached any kind of conclusion yet but I have to agree it looks like he's heading in the right direction. He has stated that if we get promoted, he'll be looking for a big investor to secure our place in the Championship and move on from there so we'll know a lot more when those negotiations happen - providing we get over the first hurdle.
I'm not sure how much he's gambling on promotion but I get the feeling that seeing nearly all the seniors are out of contract in the summer, we might struggle if we don't get back at the first attempt especially when those repayments to Eddie Davies kick in. For me, everything is still in the balance but I reckon we do have to see off the challenges of Scunny, Sheff U and Bradford etc this season if we are going to see stability again anytime soon.

16Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sun 30 Oct - 15:30

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bread2.0 wrote:
Well, six months on, and you're flying high in second place in League One, averaging the two points a game which is normally enough to get you promoted and everything's looking hunky dory.

Thanks Very Happy

17Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sun 30 Oct - 15:37

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't get it.

18Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sun 30 Oct - 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This squad would get murdered in the Championship, thank fook most of them are out of contract.

19Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sun 30 Oct - 15:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
Very Happy We all are

Not fucking happening anytime soon.

When we've finally left the EU in about 18 months' time and we then go on to dominate the world principally because we've got the best navy and we're not averse to the idea of exploiting new lands and their resources and the natives are too fucking stupid to stop us as we kill them all and we build an empire which makes us all dead rich....I'll apologise.

Because, as far as I can see, that's the scenario that plenty of the Leave voters expect to happen.

As they claim their benefits and munch on their crayons.
Calm down dear, it's early days .

20Ken Anderson - An apology. Empty Re: Ken Anderson - An apology. Sun 30 Oct - 16:37

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:When it was announced that (formerly banned from being a company director and ostensibly dodgy bastard) Ken Anderson was involved in Dean Holdsworth's (remember him?) bid to buy the club, it's fair to say that I was a bit critical.

And I might have said a few things about "asset-stripping" and "flogging anything that wasn't nailed down before buggering off into the night" and stuff like that.

Well, six months on, we're flying high in second place in League One, averaging the two points a game which is normally enough to get you promoted and everything's looking hunky dory.

I'm not getting carried away but everything could be a lot worse and even a bitter, cynical bastard like me has to admit that things appear to be on the up at Bolton Wanderers.

So if you're reading this Kenneth (and why wouldn't you be?), I'd like to apologise for some of the things I said about you back then.

Whatever your motives, you appear to be delivering on your commitment to steadying the ship and getting the team back into a position where the football's actually fun to watch.

Who knows, if things carry on in this vein, even this shit fan might actually abandon his armchair in favour of a cold, blue plastic seat again.....

Fair play

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum