Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Happy Clappers Owe Us An Apology

+10
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Happy Clappers Owe Us An Apology Empty The Happy Clappers Owe Us An Apology Wed Oct 15 2014, 16:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I called it as soon as Freedman became manager.

Many called it a few months into his reign.

Some waited until the end of last season before seeing it.

But in the end we all saw what was right in front of our nose - Freedman was a truly awful manager in every way.

However, there was a small group of happy clappers that continued to tell us it wasn't Dougie's fault, he was a top manager limited by lack of funds.

It's clear now that the Happy Clappers were wrong. The story coming out of the Macron is that Freedman had split the club, let his ego take over, and really didn't have a clue what he was doing.

So I think it's only fair that the likes of Wanderlust, Reebok Trotter, Boggers, 1874 and Hipster all make written apologies for the amount of bullshit they've typed in recent months.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Please find evidence to back up your claim that I'm a happy clapper

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha I remember when I first suggest DF before he was appointed and Nat agreed he'd be good.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha I remember when I first suggest DF before he was appointed and Nat agreed he'd be good.

I'll need a link to this thread.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dear Nat

I am sorry you are too thick to understand what I wrote.

Is that better?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha I remember when I first suggest DF before he was appointed and Nat agreed he'd be good.

I'm trying.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Dear Nat

I am sorry you are too thick to understand what I wrote.

Is that better?

I love the way you're trying to distance yourself from your previous remarks. If Dougie was whipped cream he'd be all over your privates.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm trying.
Yes, extremely!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

MartinBWFC wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I'm trying.
Yes, extremely!

Badum tish!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't see why anyone needs to apologise for their opinion on this site. Personally I wish the "Happy Clappers" had been right and that Dougie had succeeded because that would have been good for the club. The fact he failed is not good news and not something to crow over with juvenile "I told you so" threads. I for one wish DF no ill, I feel he did his very best and while it wasn't good enough it was all he could do. I wish him well for the future. 

As to the future of BWFC, well, I hope Neil Lennon will do well for us and the club will at least become united and start to move forward under his leadership. As I did with Freedman when he came in, Coyle, Megson, Lee, Allardyce and every other BWFC manager in my lifetime he will have my full support until and unless he proves he isn't up to the job.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I don't see why anyone needs to apologise for their opinion on this site.

If it's not the same as mine, of course they do.

Being wrong on the internet isn't the end of my world, and I was wrong that he could get it right tactically and motivate the players. 

But I still think he did a lot of good off the pitch - reducing the wage bill, bringing in youth & bringing back sports science. Just a shame it seems his man management was so poor. All the best to him though, I hope he does well somewhere else.

Bringing in youth....?

Seriously....?

Not following your issue with that?

Which manager signed more youth team players?

Are you referring to the youth players at the Academy who, as we've just learnt, weren't allowed anywhere near the first team set up?

I'm referring to signing youth team players from other teams to improve our youth team.

Last edited by bwfc1874 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 19:02; edited 1 time in total

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have got nothing to apologise for. I am entitled to my opinion. I hoped Dougie would be able to turn things round and get us promoted but it wasn't to be. I will be exactly the same as far as Lennon is concerned. I want him to do as well as he possibly can. Isn't that what all football fans require of managers?

bwfc1874 wrote:I'm referring to signing youth team players from other teams to improve our team.

And what evidence do we have that this is the case?

I'm praising the philosophy of signing youth team players that we hope in the future will be good enough for our team or sold for a profit ie White, Wilkinson, Hall. 

That's exactly the sort of thing we need to be doing if we want to improve as a football club long term. God knows what your issue is with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum