Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Happy Clappers Owe Us An Apology

+10
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

You can't make a statement like you did then just edit it to suit your argument when you're challenged on it, like you've just done.

That's cheating!

Anyway, he's gone now so I'm not discussing him anymore....

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have got nothing to apologise for. I am entitled to my opinion. I hoped Dougie would be able to turn things round and get us promoted but it wasn't to be. I will be exactly the same as far as Lennon is concerned. I want him to do as well as he possibly can. Isn't that what all football fans require of managers?
That's what supporters do RT. 
Some fickle cnuts go and watch other teams!!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Soul Kitchen wrote:

You'd have loved the FA Cup last Saturday SK. Packed Irongate with over 2500 fans, and hundreds locked out. When was the last time BWFC fans were locked out?

And a fantastic attacking display by Chorley to win 4-1.

God I hope we play BWFC in the FA Cup.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cian Bolger is a fine example of Dougies eye for up and coming players. Smile

Boggersbelief wrote:Cian Bolger is a fine example of Dougies eye for up and coming players. Smile

We won't know for a few years, but you could well be right. If Wilkinson, Hall and White fulfil their potential his youth recruitment will have to be recognised as successful.

We won't know for a couple of years, but I like the fact the club have appointed Lennon who should continue in putting more focus on youth than Coyle, Megson and Allardyce did.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:

You'd have loved the FA Cup last Saturday SK. Packed Irongate with over 2500 fans, and hundreds locked out. When was the last time BWFC fans were locked out?

And a fantastic attacking display by Chorley to win 4-1.

God I hope we play BWFC in the FA Cup.
Yeh, so do I.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm hoping that Wanderlust is forthcoming with an apology if Lennon can get these Bolton players playing better than Douglas did.

Apparently Douglas didn't have any decent players to work with, yet Dyche had plenty.  Very Happy

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Right from the start I was skeptical about Freedman. Infact I was probably one of the only ones on here to say it was a bad decision to take him on. Everyone else was buzzing, especially when he went on that jammy run at the end of his first season where Dawson scored a few and all the other teams kept missing glorious chances despite creating hundreds.

However, I was one of the few who then changed my mind and became a Dougite during last season when I started to see potential in what he had achieved. And I still believe that despite some of the negatives he was very close to making it good here.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
 And I still believe that despite some of the negatives he was very close to making it good here.

I was a dougie fan for most of his tenure, he had me fooled for a while and I was just so happy to be rid of coyle. Looking back I realise how bad a manager he is, made the same mistakes week in week out as his ego would not allow him to change it up.

Last thing I remember him saying was that his players were not good enough... He was never going to be successful here. He was a beaten man

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was the only one who wanted Big Mick, but he went to Ipswich and did a good job, why Dougie got picked I'll never know?

But Lennon will be a good appointment .

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Dear Nat

I am sorry you are too thick to understand what I wrote.

Is that better?

I love the way you're trying to distance yourself from your previous remarks. If Dougie was whipped cream he'd be all over your privates.

I love the way you are trying to make out my previous remarks were something other than balanced and rational. Or are you referring to the numerous times I wrote "It's difficult for Freedman to buy quality without a budget" and you responded with "Why do you love Freedman?" I'm guessing you still don't get it.

And I don't have an army and if I did I wouldn't micro-manage them.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Dougie would be brilliant and I backed him throughout, obviously it didn't work out and he wasn't up to it.

Oh well....

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I thought Dougie would be brilliant and I backed him throughout, obviously it didn't work out and he wasn't up to it.

Oh well....
Hang on a minute.

What Dougie produced on the pitch was dire, but who would argue that we didn't need to severely cut the wage bill or try to develop young players via a top level academy system if we are going to have a future?

His youth development work and cutting the wage bill may yet bear fruit so I'd be more inclined to say "he wasn't up to some aspects of the job".

but surely the main part of the job is producing results with the first team!!!!  for example, hi, you're a salesperson, you've not sold a thing in 12 months, but your really good at some aspects of your job, like writing emails and etting to work on time!  Bollocks!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:but surely the main part of the job is producing results with the first team!!!!  for example, hi, you're a salesperson, you've not sold a thing in 12 months, but your really good at some aspects of your job, like writing emails and etting to work on time!  Bollocks!

A more accurate analogy would be:

• you're a sales person - with management skills
  • your product costs twice as much as your nearest competitor and is half as effective
  • you change your suppliers, production process, distribution, etc and open a showroom which you start to stock with the new stuff that is more competitively priced
  • you set up a process to grow your own raw materials which will make you very competitive in the future, even if it isn't going to have an immediate impact
  • but....you still haven't sold anything and your boss finally loses patience and you agree to quit

I think it's fair to say that the next person to take the job has a much better chance of making sales than you did.

if what you are saying is right, and i'm not saying it isn't, that would have been a long term game plan, and unfortunately in a leaue as competitive as the championship, we don't have the time it would have needed to come to fruition.  therefore the anology you have used isn't the greatest as the person coming in would have still needed x amount of time if he stuck to the same gameplan.  yes he got the wage bill down, yes he bought a few youngsters, but any manager could have done what he has but probably better.  those said youngsters might have developed better and quicker by training with the 1st team for example.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:I thought Dougie would be brilliant and I backed him throughout, obviously it didn't work out and he wasn't up to it.

Oh well....
Hang on a minute.

What Dougie produced on the pitch was dire, but who would argue that we didn't need to severely cut the wage bill or try to develop young players via a top level academy system if we are going to have a future?

His youth development work and cutting the wage bill may yet bear fruit so I'd be more inclined to say "he wasn't up to some aspects of the job".

Cutting the wage bill, while it does make the job harder, is just a case of selling (where possible) or letting players run down lucrative deals till you can get rid of them and then "replacing" them with lower paid players.

I hope some of the younger players he brought in like Wilko and Clayton can step up who knows, though lets not forget some of the noises we've heard coming out about the complete disconnect between the academy and youth teams and the first team, it doesn't really speak well to his organisation of it (though I take those with a pinch of salt) 

his main job, about 98% of it, is to get results on the football field for Bolton and he failed overall. I wish him well though.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to agree with you both Y2J and HN although it's futile to suggest what % of the overall job is constituted by a particular element as it has to be viewed holistically. Still the ultimate objective is to get the first X1 winning and Dougie wasn't there yet. Or even close to be honest.

I do think his focus on the club's structure will pay dividends though. That work needed doing and was long overdue.

wanderlust wrote:I have to agree with you both Y2J and HN although it's futile to suggest what % of the overall job is constituted by a particular element as it has to be viewed holistically. Still the ultimate objective is to get the first X1 winning and Dougie wasn't there yet. Or even close to be honest.

I do think his focus on the club's structure will pay dividends though. That work needed doing and was long overdue.

It definitely was needed, and i hope it does pay off because it will benefit the club in the long term for sure!  But now it is a case of making sure we don't drop down any further as tis will be detrimental to what he was trying to achieve as well

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, love the way wanderlust tries to suggest cutting the wage bill is a talent.

Eagles, Mears and various other bellends came to the end of their contracts, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say "goodbye".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum