Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers?

+9
Norpig
Mr Magoo
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
scottjames30
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Who is the biggest happy clapper?

Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? Vote_lcap33%Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? Vote_rcap 33% [ 7 ]
Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? Vote_lcap43%Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? Vote_rcap 43% [ 9 ]
Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? Vote_lcap24%Who Should Be Chairman Of The Happy Clappers? Vote_rcap 24% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 21

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The happy clappers seem to be gaining momentum as the season approaches so it's time they were recognised as a legitimate (but deluded) organisation.

The big question is who should be Chairman of the Happy Clappers Society? As things stand there are three outstanding candidates who would make a positive out of Dougie Freedman dropping his pants in front of the North Stand:

Reebok Trotter
Wanderlust
BWFC1874

One vote, use it wisely. The future of the Happy Clappers demands it.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I voted for me because I only have one account and RT is too tolerant of the negative shite that is incessantly spouted - apart of course from the deafening silence that happened when we went on that winning run last season. 

It lasted about 3 weeks - the time it took the whingers to realise they could switch from "we're going to be relegated" to "Ok we're not getting relegated but the football isn't exciting enough".

About time we had some balance on this site starting with "STFU until you actually see how we do and who is playing for us"

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can just see Wanderlust up Freedmans arse and RT holding onto Wanderlust's feet, trying to get up there.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:I can just see Wanderlust up Freedmans arse and RT holding onto Wanderlust's feet, trying to get up there.

Not witty enough Scott. You need to try harder or get Pretend Woman with Small Penis to write your lines for you.

Or does "she"? Who knows?

Anyhoo we'll see how Freedman copes this season. As I wrote last year, he's got about 10 weeks into this season to prove himself. Don't particularly like him myself but unlike you I'm willing to give him a chance. Now is the time Douglas my lad.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hand on heart I can honestly say that as far as I know Natasha posts only from one account on here.

If she - or anyone else posts from fake accounts as well - I am not aware of them.

Back on thread - for what it is worth I'm stilll in the Freedman camp - I don't think he is as bad as most people have made out but there are clearly issues that worry me, such as making Knight club captain last season when he clearly should not even have been in the team - what was that all about?

He as however done some good things too such as his loans in - Juke, McNaughton, Mason.

He's still in credit in my book but I don't consider myself to be a happy clapper.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's neck and neck for King of the Happy Clappers.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think part of the problem is Dougie's personality. He doesn't come across as one of the boys in the Harry Redknapp style. As I see it, the board have invested their faith in him so let us see how things pan out. I can't see the point in giving him a bashing before a ball has been kicked. If he has a ' mare ' this season then so be it. All I have lost is a few quid for my ST which I would have renewed anyway regardless of who was in charge.

If that makes me a Happy Clapper then fair enough. I will not be losing any sleep whether or not.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RT can be in charge of the OPTIMISTIC fans.

Nat can be in charge of the Pragmatically Minded Thinkers. 

Nat Whittam, leading the way in PMT!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Nat can be in charge of the Pragmatically Minded Thinkers. 

Nat Whittam, leading the way in PMT!

I bet you've been saving that one for weeks.

Took me ten seconds......

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I thought I was a happy clapper but apparently not...  :suicide: 

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Breadman wrote:Took me ten seconds......
We are not talking about your sex life Bread.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:RT can be in charge of the OPTIMISTIC fans.

From posts made since last season ended it looks like there are 2 genuinely optimistic fans (as opposed to hopeful) neither of whom are candidates.

Everyone else tarred with that brush is in the "Innocent until proven guilty" party.

The Bolton Haters are in the "If I say guilty often enough everyone will think I have incredible knowledge if Bolton lose a few games or go bankrupt. And if Bolton do well I'll just go quiet again until I think of another easy target"

Where do you get this "Bolton Haters" thing from, Lusty?

I think you're giving this far too much thought and seeing things that aren't there.

Seriously.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Where do you get this "Bolton Haters" thing from, Lusty?

I think you're giving this far too much thought and seeing things that aren't there.

Seriously.

Have a look at the unsubstantiated drivel that has been written Bread and you'll see it plain as day.

I can understand it coming from fans of other clubs like "Whittam" but from characters who claim to support BWFC? Really?

Are you including my comments and thoughts in that?

i think after my points tally prediction i should at least get a nomination, 99 points here we come!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

Seriously.

Have a look at the unsubstantiated drivel that has been written Bread and you'll see it plain as day.

I can understand it coming from fans of other clubs like "Whittam" but from characters who claim to support BWFC? Really?

Lusty we are all allowed our own views on BWFC whether they are optimistic or not or match yours or not. Just because you don't agree does not make it drivel.

I am pessimistic about this season and can only see a season of struggle again, that is my view, but if i'm proved wrong i will be the first one to point out i was wrong.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Seriously.

Lusty we are all allowed our own views on BWFC whether they are optimistic or not or match yours or not. Just because you don't agree does not make it drivel.

I am pessimistic about this season and can only see a season of struggle again, that is my view, but if i'm proved wrong i will be the first one to point out i was wrong.

Ignoring the dubious editing above (Bread take note) I don't question the right to have views, but I think this site is in danger of becoming a graveyard for balanced opinion and thought through arguments - as well as unnecessarily depressing.
For example:

Anything that is based on "what Dougie thinks" is immediately suspect. Nobody knows apart from the man himself although we are blessed with a plethora of amateur psychologists.
Anything that is based on a previously unsubstantiated moan - equally suspect.
"When will Freedman get sacked" threads. There are at least 3 in various guises and I suspect more than that if we go back a bit. All these threads are predicated on the assumption that the team won't succeed and the manager will get sacked - just a matter of sooner or later and is slightly premature as we're just about to start a new season. Not illogical but depressing.

Opinions are good but unless the premises are fact they make a poor foundation for constructing an argument e.g. when people say "Dougie thinks x" (speculation) "and therefore y and z are going to happen" (usually negative) 
No. Y and Z may happen and not necessarily because of what Dougie thinks.

There is so much we don't know as fans so it's fair enough to have a guess about what's going on but not helpful if guesswork is asserted as fact and used to slag off the manager, the team and the club.

Fact is that we recovered from an upheaval at the club last season. We survived the real threat of relegation and we went a long way towards stabilising the finances. The manager did a lot to get rid of the deadweight and is in the process of rebuilding the squad so we can operate in this division without breaking the bank and still having an outside chance of doing well. We were on the brink of disaster and now we same to be more stable if less fancy.

All that is fairly positive given the circumstances but you wouldn't know it from this site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum