Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy clappers tell me why?

+13
Cajunboy
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
DEANO82
observer
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
y2johnny
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We should stick with this clueless twat of a manager?

2Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:39

If we were to get rid, doubt Ken would. I’m not sure we would be able to attract better given the state of the club. 

Lose to Hull and it would be interesting to see what Ken does though.

3Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:40

No need for the abuse by the way, PP has done very well for this club, steering us through some dark days. He may have taken us as far as he can, but deserves immense respect.

4Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Because he's the best we've had since Allardyce and we aren't going to be getting anyone better for the foreseeable future having to rely on free transfers and bargain basement players to make a team with.

Forest spent £30 million on players this summer and we were outbid by a third division club for a player nobody had even heard of before, who was our top summer transfer target.

It's not really rocket science why we lose more than we win but clearly in your head everything is Parkinson's fault.

Everything!

5Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm finding it very hard to defend him to be honest. A couple more performances like that and he'll be out.

6Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Because he's the best we've had since Allardyce and we aren't going to be getting anyone better for the foreseeable future having to rely on free transfers and bargain basement players to make a team with.

Forest spent £30 million on players this summer and we were outbid by a third division club for a player nobody had even heard of before, who was our top summer transfer target.

It's not really rocket science why we lose more than we win but clearly in your head everything is Parkinson's fault.

Everything!

Not sure about the last bit but otherwise agree. You only have to look at the player budget/transfer window/financial situation to see that any manager of BWFC will have to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear to keep us up. And that would be an achievement.

7Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:57

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Because he's the best we've had since Allardyce and we aren't going to be getting anyone better for the foreseeable future having to rely on free transfers and bargain basement players to make a team with.

Everything!

Parky picks the team and sends them out with his plan but its far too negative and he has no idea on how to change it. Couple that with constantly changing the formation and players, those are all his responsibility to manage and he's not doing a great job. 
Yes he deserves some credit for promotion and keeping us up but the football is terrible and we've won 1 game in 10. His time is nearly up i reckon.

8Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Wed Oct 24 2018, 23:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Everything!

I've read some shit on here recently, but fuck me that response is mental, Parkinson best manager since Allardyce, fuck off, Coyle was better than this boring prick, Freedman had a better win ratio, Lennon was hamstrung by Gartside and Davies, so get your fucking facts right, I bet you and TROY have the same IP address.

9Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 00:07

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Even WW who historically are pro manager are asking the question so I take their comments over a dinosaur who's not seen a live game since Jesus was a lad.

10Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 00:37

MartinBWFC wrote:

Everything!

I've read some shit on here recently, but fuck me that response is mental, Parkinson best manager since Allardyce, fuck off, Coyle was better than this boring prick, Freedman had a better win ratio, Lennon was hamstrung by Gartside and Davies, so get your fucking facts right, I bet you and TROY have the same IP address.

Why is Lennon excused by off field matters out of interest? Seriously what has Parky done to you? Whenever we lose so you come on here and post 10 times more than normal about how he needs to leave. It’s worrying for a man of your age.

11Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 08:32

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

We have the team and players to be doing better than we are in my opinion.  If thats the case (similar to whats going on at united) the fault lies with selection/game plan/tactics and/or motivation/fitness/willingness.

All those things are done or improved by one person.  Unfortunately that person is the manager.  He has done very well for us in getting us up and keeping us up.  But if we stick with him that is the best we can hope for yet again.

12Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 08:36

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

y2johnny wrote:We have the team and players to be doing better than we are in my opinion.  If thats the case (similar to whats going on at united) the fault lies with selection/game plan/tactics and/or motivation/fitness/willingness.

All those things are done or improved by one person.  Unfortunately that person is the manager.  He has done very well for us in getting us up and keeping us up.  But if we stick with him that is the best we can hope for yet again.
Agreed. At this point I'd rather stick someone like Diddy David in there until we can find someone to take over. I know I know. We'd have to pay compo, we'd struggle to find anyone to do any better, would anyone even dare take the job etc etc, but we've hit an impasse I'd say. Do or die.

13Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the same old faces banging on about Parky being a great manager. And what do those faces all have in common? They haven't been to a match this century.

Easy to be happy when you haven't shelled out hard earned cash, battled traffic, and battled the cold just to watch that utter shite.

14Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:42

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's the same old faces banging on about Parky being a great manager. And what do those faces all have in common? They haven't been to a match this century.

Easy to be happy when you haven't shelled out hard earned cash, battled traffic, and battled the cold just to watch that utter shite.
I believe "utter shite" would be a step up!

15Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 09:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was trying to be kind.

16Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 10:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The clock is ticking for Parky and under normal circumstances he'd be under far more pressure than he is now, but these aren't normal circumstances because Anderson is under the cosh and the last thing he'd want is another bill for paying Parky off and bringing in someone else. A new owner would still be the best outcome IMO - both on and off the pitch.

17Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 10:43

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This is what I dont get. In a "normal" job,  if you are shit. You get sacked. No pay off.  That's it. This shouldn't be any different

18Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 14:08

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's the same old faces banging on about Parky being a great manager. And what do those faces all have in common? They haven't been to a match this century.

Fair, I don’t have a season ticket and doubt I ever will. If I was spending money watching turgid football that would be more of a factor for me.

However from an entirely pragmatic standpoint. Parky has got results while playing awful football and amid turmoil off the pitch - hence he’s got away with it.

I think Ken will struggle to get rid, one because he won’t want to pay out and two because there aren’t many managers out there, out of work, who would take us on.

As I said though, lose to Hull and the atmosphere might be too much for Ken to ignore.

19Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 14:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:because there aren’t many managers out there, out of work, who would take us on.

I reckon there would be a raft of out of work managers wanting the job. There really is little downside to taking any football management job. Do well and you're a hero, fail and you get potted with a big cheque in your back pocket.

20Happy clappers tell me why? Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Thu Oct 25 2018, 15:24

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Think Parkinson is clueless and has no idea how to turn things around. Keep chopping and changing the team isn't helping. That corner we had when everyone started 25 yards out and ran into the box was embarrassing (not to mention the fact he just copied it from Rotherham on Saturday).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum