Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy clappers tell me why?

+13
Cajunboy
doffcocker
luckyPeterpiper
Boggersbelief
DEANO82
observer
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
y2johnny
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Think it’s more a case of is there anyone out there who could doc a better job given circumstance and staff. Yet to see anything to suggest there is.

Thing is though, you can't guarantee any manager doing a good or bad job. Guardiola could come in and do fuck all, or Billy Davies could make us European Champions inside 5 years.

Nothing is guaranteed, that's what makes football so unpredictable. Right now I'd take any manager who can bring a bit of positivity. I'd rather lose trying to win matches than lose trying to avoid defeat.

42Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't worry. Anderson will give him £50 million in January to turn it around.
Then we'll get some fried bread to go with the egg and chips.

43Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 17:52

Natasha Whittam wrote: Right now I'd take any manager who can bring a bit of positivity. I'd rather lose trying to win matches than lose trying to avoid defeat.

That’s what Ipswich said with Paul Hurst replacing McCarthy.

Everyone would rather we played decent, attacking football. There aren’t many managers out there capable of that though and even less (if any) unemployed at the moment.

Aside from Dean Smith now at Villa I cant think of any in this half of the division who fit that mould - and only a handful in the top half (Bielsa, maybe Lampard? Bit early to say). Most are pragmatists like Parky, probably because that’s an easier ‘style’ to understand and communicate to get results short term.

44Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 18:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:That’s what Ipswich said with Paul Hurst replacing McCarthy.

Everyone would rather we played decent, attacking football. There aren’t many managers out there capable of that though and even less (if any) unemployed at the moment.

Aside from Dean Smith now at Villa I cant think of any in this half of the division who fit that mould - and only a handful in the top half (Bielsa, maybe Lampard? Bit early to say). Most are pragmatists like Parky, probably because that’s an easier ‘style’ to understand and communicate to get results short term.

I'm not asking for "attacking football", just an attempt to actually attack from time to time.

Too many times we've started on the back foot and never recovered.

45Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 22:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we get beat in our next 2 games as most of us suspect we will then i expect him to go. No idea on a replacement though. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest but it's not a glamour job at the moment is it?

46Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Sun Oct 28 2018, 23:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I think Iles is bang out of order by being once again the focal point for all the twitter nutjobs who have an axe to grind over Anderson being the owner.

Basically Iles as set it up as Anderson inferred very strongly that Parkinson would be sacked if we lost against Hull and now Anderson has 'backtracked' by not doing so.

In effect trying to have a pop at Anderson over not sacking someone (Parkinson).

Christ, Iles may well detest Anderson but trying to score points against him by not getting a man dismissed from his job is seriously going too far and shows complete lack of respect or any sort of decency to Parkinson.

Iles has set himself up as a rallying point for the anti-Anderson twitter moonmen (Smurf, mad Susan and Atherton to name just three) from his own personal twitter account.

This has nothing to do with his job, it's him waging his own little personal war and supported by his twitter mates.

He should either stick to being and acting as a professional newspaper reporter and by reporting the facts and remaining impartial at all times, or he should jack his job in and thus become free to do and say what he wants but as far as I'm concerned he clearly shouldn't do both as he is doing now.

Iles as clearly got a personal agenda against Anderson and that is certainly not healthy for the leading media commentator on the club to have or to propagate by means of his own personal social media 'rallying calls'.

Iles should stick to telling people on twitter that he's painting his kids bedrooms rather than be the rallying point for the trolls to sound off over their hatred of Anderson and why he didn't sack a man (and never even considering for a second what that man and his family most be feeling over his job security right now).

Iles should wind his neck in and quickly imo.

We all have our own opinions of Anderson and Parkinson but non of us are in a position to influence people in such a way as Iles through his media position and thus he should be responsible how he uses that influence and posting personal straw poll type questions clearly aimed for his likeminded mates to respond to on twitter is certainly not the sort of thing he should be doing.

To be honest I'm amazed his employers have not already had a word about him before now for this.  It certainly would not be deemed acceptable professional behaviour in my line of work, nor many others too I would think.

47Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 00:26

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think its correct that Iles points out that Ken talks a load of shite.The most serious lie from Ken was posting on  the club website that the club was going into administration the following morning when it clearly wasnt.A lot of young people would have been really worried about that, I know it would have ruined my life when i was a child.Ken shouldn't lie on the club web site. If he isn't going to sack Parkinson, don't say that results must improve with immediate effect.

48Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 07:07

Predictable, but nonsense Sluffy.

Iles is not the only one who interpreted the update in that way, every fan who commented on it did - either Ken is seriously naive and needs to be more careful with his words or he did mean it but was bluffing.

49Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 08:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its the local papers job to reflect the views of its readers and at the moment i don't think there are too many fans or readers happy with Parky.
What Iles does on his personal twitter account is up to him as long as his bosses have no issue.

50Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 08:44

That’s absolutely not the purpose of a local paper. His job is to report on what’s happening at the club, exactly what he has been doing.

51Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 09:17

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think a minority of people want the Bolton News to be cheerleaders for the club, Sluffy will be in that group of people.
The majority want the Bolton News to report on what is happening at the club as it is, if the performance on the pitch is garbage and the owner changes his mood with the wind that is what should be reported.
I mean Thursday morning  its "we have to improve our points return  with immediate effect."
2 days later Parky loses at home to bottom of the league and its "I was pleased to see how the players applied themselves."
It's difficult to take someone seriously who comes out with crap like that

52Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 10:08

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Wish he went last season tbh.

53Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 12:46

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Growler wrote:I think a minority of people want the Bolton News to be cheerleaders for the club, Sluffy will be in that group of people.
The majority want the Bolton News to report on what is happening at the club as it is, if the performance on the pitch is garbage and the owner changes his mood with the wind that is what should be reported.
I mean Thursday morning  its "we have to improve our points return  with immediate effect."
2 days later Parky loses at home to bottom of the league and its "I was pleased to see how the players applied themselves."
It's difficult to take someone seriously who comes out with crap like that
X=Y=Z       
X = Owner says Parky must improve points with immediate effect  
Y = We play a bottom three team who is on a very bad run  
Z = We lose to a bottom three team at home;  not score for a third game in a row;  our defense exposed as porous for three matches in a row;  and Z should equal a change at the helm.  

I can only hope Parky pulls it out somehow as he did once before.  After the past three games, my hope is not high.

54Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 13:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:That’s what Ipswich said with Paul Hurst replacing McCarthy.

I'm not asking for "attacking football", just an attempt to actually attack from time to time.

Too many times we've started on the back foot and never recovered.
At the beginning of the season when we were winning games with the Wheater/Beevers partnership and 2 or 3 DMs in front of a back four, our core strength was not conceding and nicking a goal on the break - although we did throw away a two goal lead against Bristol - not helped by picking up 6 bookings.
What we are not good at is chasing the game and the soft goals we've been conceding lately have killed us.
We also had Ameobi who despite everything you say about him was awkward enough to upset defences.
IMO Parky has tried to make the team more attacking but has given us a soft centre in doing so. It's a gamble to do that when we don't have the quality up front to press home attacks. The irony is that the first thing a new manager coming in would do is "make us hard to beat" which would probably mean going back to what Parky was doing at the beginning of the season - boring but with a chance of survival. And TBH with this squad that's probably our best plan. 
Oztumer is nice to have, but if he plays instead of another DM he MUST score and make goals, otherwise we are sacrificing the game.

55Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 13:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oztumer has to play, without him we have no creativity in midfield. Lowe, Vela and Williams are all too similar and create nothing.

56Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 13:56

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If he was going to go then he would have gone by now. The hope is that with Ameobi returning soon and Ireland getting back to some sort of fitness he'll have a temporary reprieve. The crucial point will be the end of November. If the current run continues and we're in the bottom three then I think KA will act then.
To appoint who? Like the rest of you I haven't a clue

57Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 16:36

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:
If you owned a restaurant that only served egg and chips because you couldn't afford anything else, would you sack the chef in hope that things would improve, even if you were still only prepared to have him cook egg and chips?

I'm convinced you're WUMing now, only you and sluffy seem to be in the 'Parky In' camp.

If you've been to any of the recent games you'd know it can't get any worse.

Let's say you're right and things can't get any worse (we're 5 places and 7 points off bottom spot but OK.)

Is that a good enough reason to make a change, that things can't get any worse? Doesn't there have to be a reasonable likelihood that things will get better to justify the cost of firing and hiring? And I'm talking about reality here, not your fantasy world where we're gonna get Billy Davies in and he's gonna bring in Rob Earnshaw and a range of other virtual freebies from the lower leagues and we're gonna build a solid Championship side that way.

What's the chances that a year from now, you and the rest would be regurgitating all the same old cliches about whoever it was, like "he's clueless", "he's out of his depth", once (if) any honeymoon period had ended?

58Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 16:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Let's say you're right and things can't get any worse (we're 5 places and 7 points off bottom spot but OK.)

I think that sentence alone sums up the difference between us.

I don't know if you go to the games, I'll assume you do, but if you're happy watching the shite on offer under Parkinson as long as we're out of the bottom 3 and ultimately stay up, then fair play to you.

Me, on the other hand, I don't think I can watch much more of the "football" on offer. Personally I think we'll go down under Parky this season, but even if we stay up I would be amazed if I renew my season ticket. It simply isn't enjoyable anymore. I want to see my team have a bit of ambition, even if it ends in failure.

59Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 19:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Let's say you're right and things can't get any worse (we're 5 places and 7 points off bottom spot but OK.)

I think that sentence alone sums up the difference between us.

I don't know if you go to the games, I'll assume you do, but if you're happy watching the shite on offer under Parkinson as long as we're out of the bottom 3 and ultimately stay up, then fair play to you.

Me, on the other hand, I don't think I can watch much more of the "football" on offer. Personally I think we'll go down under Parky this season, but even if we stay up I would be amazed if I renew my season ticket. It simply isn't enjoyable anymore. I want to see my team have a bit of ambition, even if it ends in failure.

Supposedly you've lived through the days of Lifeline, season tickets in the pet food aisle, etc ; I've grown up watching World Cup winners, Atletico Madrid, Bayern Munich, all the rest of it.

Aren't you supposed to be the level headed one here?

It's time you stopped spouting this utter shite and started managing your expectations.

60Happy clappers tell me why? - Page 3 Empty Re: Happy clappers tell me why? Mon Oct 29 2018, 19:58

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I had the bolton match on my phone and the rugby on the telly on Saturday. Can't say i remember much of the bolton game but Gildarts try was awesome

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum