Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The climate

+8
Sluffy
sunlight
okocha
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Wed Apr 24 2019, 23:32

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

They must have used different Lamp posts in the 60`s. The eye-witness reports are of tar-bubbles running down them before they melted, in 1976.
Mind you, most of these climate change protesters on the other hand  smoke weed heavily.
I was watching them all move from Oxford Street in London on the telly this weekend to have a canabis protest. I think the Tories realised how to save on Policing as the Bongs stopped their anti-social behaviour ( the Protestors and not the Police ), and sent most of the Police home.

22The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Thu Apr 25 2019, 01:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Unimaginable thing to happen these days though.

Unimaginable.

The climate - Page 2 GlobalAverage_2018

Eh???

I'm talking about todays standard street lights melting!

Christ you're so eager to start an argument with me you don't even bother reading what I write.

23The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Thu Apr 25 2019, 02:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

sunlight wrote:They must have used different Lamp posts in the 60`s. The eye-witness reports are of tar-bubbles running down them before they melted, in 1976.

No doubt some of the older lamp posts were still in existence into 1976 and beyond and maybe it was the weather proofing (such as tar) that bubbled and ran.

I certainly remember tar bubbles on cobblestone roads - and popping them with a twig or lolly stick.

The youngsters today don't know what fun playing in the road and getting tar on their hands and clothes really is!

24The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Thu Apr 25 2019, 07:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The solution will, as always be, me paying more tax.

People really think politicians care about this issue? It's another way to line their pockets.

25The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Fri Apr 26 2019, 20:08

How would they line their pockets from this?

26The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You know how special interest and lobby groups work. It's quite obvious.

27The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:10

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You know how special interest and lobby groups work. It's quite obvious.

By financing the Tories.

28The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 10:19

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:You know how special interest and lobby groups work. It's quite obvious.

By financing the Tories.

All the parties are funded by special interests.

29The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 16:16

The obvious question is what would you do about climate change then?

30The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 16:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing can be done by this tiny little country. It takes the biggest polluting countries like China, America India Russia etc to all sit down and agree to something.

31The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 16:55

Pushing the responsibility onto others doesn’t work, it needs a universal effort including us. An EU aside effort would have a significant impact. That should have been the focus of the last few years, not failing to resolve a Tory argument.

32The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 17:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Nothing can be done by this tiny little country. It takes the biggest polluting countries like China, America India Russia etc to all sit down and agree to something.

I was actually right now (im away at the moment) going to come back and say something along these lines to Okocha but my gripe was against the protesters stopping people for going to work potentially getting a docted pay due to turning up late etc due to this.

It's not fair on the public to endure this shit from these protesters stopping them going on their daily travels to work earning a living especially when some are so close to the bread line!

Why is it that this kind of protest is always funded by some asshole who has tons of money and flies (hypocrite already!) to the UK to participate and the other bunch look like a bunch of squatters who need a bloody good wash.

Are you telling me that all these people gluing themselves together are happy to lose a days pay for this bollocks?

I bet half of the inbreds haven't a clue what they are "fighting" for and are the usual who take the usual spliffs etc.

Hipster is right in how China is. With the industry in a lot of provinces, it is like the UK was up north all those years ago with smog. They even have to have days where factories have to close down it's that bad and everyone walks round wearing masks when they are outside. This is true from experience.

Thailand is the same. We have a 3.0 diesel Toyota Fortuner and a 2.2 diesel Ford Ranger on the drive but there isn't much choice otherwise for a greener car like the UK.

Everyone has a heavy diesel car not only for work but the petrol is still peanuts here.

Thailand usese a lot of plastic and one exaple when I went into 7-11 was I could buy a single banana that was wrapped in plastic with a barcode on. Was that necessary? No! They could have stuck the barcode on the baanana as we don't eat the skin.

We use plastic straws etc. Nobody gives a shit here.

So as Hipster says that with our little Island, it doesn't mate a jot of difference if we did make a considerable improvement to the climate.

33The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 17:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
okocha wrote:Karly, so what do you recommend as a solution to global governments' inactivity with regard to ensuring the continued survival of all life on the planet? 

Serious answers only please, Karly. I'm genuinely interested in how you see the future for your children and your children's children.....presuming that you do indeed have offspring that you love.

He won’t answer.

Do yourself a favour and grow up.

34The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 17:09

Why? You don’t normally answer questions on serious topics and you haven’t really here. The question was what would you do in government?

Oh and Extinction rebellion backing is 90% made up of crowd funding and grants. So you’re incorrect on that part of your post.

35The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 17:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Why? You don’t normally answer questions on serious topics and you haven’t really here. The question was what would you do in government?

Oh and Extinction rebellion backing is 90% made up of crowd funding and grants. So you’re incorrect on that part of your post.

If you read my comment on this topic then you would see it wouldnt have anything to do with with what the government could do and why they were ignoring this issue.

I couldn't give a shit where the bums got the funding from TBH but I very much doubt they are paid a wage for this.

36The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 17:36

Are they middle class or bums? Maybe it’s just a mix of ordinary people.

What you haven’t answered though is what people should be doing to affect change on the issue? Or do you not see it as enough of an issue?

37The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 17:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

38The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 19:02

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Pushing the responsibility onto others doesn’t work, it needs a universal effort including us. An EU aside effort would have a significant impact. That should have been the focus of the last few years, not failing to resolve a Tory argument.

Don't labour want to reopen the coal mines?

39The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 19:20

[url=Jeremy Corbyn 'not in favour of reopening the mines' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-34398851]Jeremy Corbyn 'not in favour of reopening the mines' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-34398851[/url]

No.

40The climate - Page 2 Empty Re: The climate Sat Apr 27 2019, 19:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum