Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The climate

+8
Sluffy
sunlight
okocha
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Sun Aug 07 2022, 18:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:

Not sure who you’re indicating are the blind here Bonce?

You won’t hear it from the BBC, Sky or the climate nut jobs but having claimed just 5 years ago that the Great Barrier Reef had been destroyed beyond repair, according to the Australian sea and Ocean scientists, the coral has now recovered to the highest level it’s been since records began and oh yes the ozone layer is quickly recovering all on its own. Isn’t nature wonderful? It’s going to be hot and sunny again later this week, but then it is summer. 😎
I can't see any quote.
However, climate change is real, and whether you believe it or not, I care not a jot. I honestly think we've passed the point of no return.
These people aren't 'nut jobs'.

82The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Sun Aug 07 2022, 18:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:
I can't see any quote.
However, climate change is real, and whether you believe it or not, I care not a jot. I honestly think we've passed the point of no return.
These people aren't 'nut jobs'.
The study on the Great Barrier Reef is a constant measure by the Australian Institute of Marine Science and nobody knows more about the reef than they do. Of course the nay sayers try to find reasons to still be negative but considering that only five years ago these same “experts” concluded that the reef was beyond recovery it’s no surprise that they just can’t admit to being wrong without undermining the rest of the garbage they come out with. I’ve never denied climate change Bonce, it’s been happening since the planet was formed but I 100% disagree that it’s human caused. The planets been hotter, colder and had levels of carbon dioxide much higher and lower than we have today and none of it was human caused. It’s no different now but if you want to believe it is that’s up to you.

83The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Sun Aug 07 2022, 22:00

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The same country is experiencing catastrophic floods and wildfires beyond the norm.

It may be that the unusually high temperatures and warming of the seas around the Great Barrier Reef are contributing to its recovery.

84The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Sun Aug 07 2022, 23:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With another heatwave coming, me and the missus had a serious chat about looking into desert plants for the garden. Big cacti are a helluva expensive though.

85The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Sun Aug 07 2022, 23:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:The study on the Great Barrier Reef is a constant measure by the Australian Institute of Marine Science and nobody knows more about the reef than they do. Of course the nay sayers try to find reasons to still be negative but considering that only five years ago these same “experts” concluded that the reef was beyond recovery it’s no surprise that they just can’t admit to being wrong without undermining the rest of the garbage they come out with. I’ve never denied climate change Bonce, it’s been happening since the planet was formed but I 100% disagree that it’s human caused. The planets been hotter, colder and had levels of carbon dioxide much higher and lower than we have today and none of it was human caused. It’s no different now but if you want to believe it is that’s up to you.

???

The link I've provided is by the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority - I believe you to be talking about the same report as I am!

Sluffy wrote:The Australian Government reported in May this year that 91% of the Barrier Reef was subjected to 'bleaching' (otherwise known as dying!).

https://www.gbrmpa.gov.au/the-reef/reef-health

‘Devastating’: 91% of reefs surveyed on Great Barrier Reef affected by coral bleaching in 2022
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2022/may/10/devastating-90-of-reefs-surveyed-on-great-barrier-reef-affected-by-coral-bleaching-in-2022

86The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Mon Aug 08 2022, 00:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say, things are looking very serious where I live. Smile
The climate - Page 5 Icegif-47

87The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Mon Aug 08 2022, 15:18

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:I have to say, things are looking very serious where I live. Smile
The climate - Page 5 Icegif-47
You’ll be begging for some of that by the end of the week Bonce! 🤪

88The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Mon Aug 08 2022, 15:24

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:With another heatwave coming, me and the missus had a serious chat about looking into desert plants for the garden. Big cacti are a helluva expensive though.
Funnily enough I’m thinking the same way Lusty. My soil is extra fee draining so it holds virtually no moisture and this year my perennials have been a disaster. About the only plants that have produced are the Salvias and herb types like Lavender and Rosemary. I’ve got two compost heaps so I’m going to mulch heavily this autumn and hope that the winter and Spring are wetter but either way I’m going to look towards more drought tolerant plants for next year, including in tubs which I can at least control. I never have to worry about plants sitting in wet clay soil over winter so I’m also planning to leave the dahlias where they are and hope they survive.

89The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Mon Aug 08 2022, 15:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:
Funnily enough I’m thinking the same way Lusty. My soil is extra fee draining so it holds virtually no moisture and this year my perennials have been a disaster. About the only plants that have produced are the Salvias and herb types like Lavender and Rosemary. I’ve got two compost heaps so I’m going to mulch heavily this autumn and hope that the winter and Spring are wetter but either way I’m going to look towards more drought tolerant plants for next year, including in tubs which I can at least control. I never have to worry about plants sitting in wet clay soil over winter so I’m also planning to leave the dahlias where they are and hope they survive.

90The climate - Page 5 Empty Re: The climate Mon Aug 08 2022, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a sandy soil too and climate change is definitely affecting the wildlife in my garden...

The climate - Page 5 223205_tetxUVKy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum