Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Which man has made the most money from Bolton Wanderers?

2 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Is it a player, a former owner or even former chairman

I believe our highest paid player was Nicolas Anelka but he was only here for 1 year 5 months and we made a £6 million profit on his transfer so we made money out of him being at the club even if he did earn a few million.

Phil Gartside was the chairman from 1999 to around 2015 and was earning a good 500k per year for some years in the Premier League.Eddie Davies reduced his wages to around 350k after relegation to the Championship in 2012.I would hazard a guess that he made £6 - £7 million from the club.

Mark Davies must have made several million from the club.He was at the club for 8 years.In his 5th year we turned down a bid of £5 million from Swansea.To be rated at more than £5 million i think he must have been earning 30k per week or £1.5 million per year.Perhaps he topped the £6 - £7 million Gartside estimate

What our other people's thoughts on which man made the most money out of the club? And how much did he make

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Players in the Allardyce era will have earned big wages as most of them came on a free. I can't imagine any involved with the running of the club have ever made any money out of it apart from Gartside and look at the mess he created!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum