Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just when you thought the transfer window had closed...

+8
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Lyric Todkill
aaron_bwfc
JakeSnake
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Premier League teams spent millions in the recently closed transfer window, but that does not signal the end of player's chances of finding a new club.

The transfer window shut last week, so why are Football League clubs like Bolton still scouring the market?

Well this is their opportunity to step in and hoover up some of the scraps left over from the deluge of big-money pre-deadline deals in the main window.

They won't be spending anything though, it will be loan deals and free transfers. So when does it open and how long for?

It's open for business tomorrow, just a week after the transfer window shut, and will stay open until late November.

Fair enough, so what's it all about, then?

Basically, the end of August for Barclays Premier League managers is all about racing against the clock to bring in new signings before 11pm on the 31st, then submitting squad lists less than 48 hours later.

So the extra window provides a chance to take stock and decide which players should make room for the new arrivals by being loaned out to Championship level and below.

How many players can clubs borrow?

It could go up to double figures, but no more than five can be named in a 16-man squad for any given game. Premier League clubs can loan players out but not in.

Free transfers are players who have already been released by their previous clubs.

So now you know!

怀

Who would you like Bolton to get ā€“ Iā€™d like to see a left back in at the least as this would free up Rickets to go back to right back for the woeful Mears, or to centre back for the woeful Mills or Ream.

Coyle will probably bring in a winger or three instead!

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat Sep 08 2012, 15:38; edited 1 time in total

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Someone mentioned Jenas was looking to be loaned out.

Holden, Spearing, Jenas, Mark Davies, Eagles.

Sounds good to me.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just a 5 a side team then Very Happy

Actually that wouldn't be any worse than our starting 11.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

We should totally sign John Guidetti on loan from City! He scored 20 in 23 for Feyenoord last season and is always included in the Sweden Squad

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Theirs 2 players who maybe available on loan, Kenwyne Jones and stoke and Collins at villa to help our back line.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just remind yourselfs who you are dealing with ..... this BWFC we don't make surprise moves. I have not heard one rumor about anyone ......

anybody got one?

I would be floored if OC annouces a new player.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

NRC?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We don't need a loan window to open up to sign someone like NRC, he is a free agent, and was a free agent when the main window closed.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not to open the NRC debate again but has our midfield been better or worse so far without him.

"Worse" whichever way you look at it. I don't think anyone on here can say it's better. So get him back and throw him out there.....forgive and forget.

Surprise us with some aging Spanish super star who needs another year or two ..... like a Campo .....do a Big Sam ...... I dream on.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure it's been worse, it's not been better though.

the fact of the matter is we could play without a midfield, and often do.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Some players who would be available to us -

PREMIER LEAGUE teams have revealed their 25-man squads following the end of the transfer window.

An unlucky handful of players have been left out of their team's list.

Big-spending QPR have no room for four of their stars ā€” DJ Campbell, Rob Hulse, Radek Cerny and Luke Young.

Stoke have ditched Danny Higginbotham, Matthew Lund, Diego Arismendi, Mamady Sidibe and Michael Tonge.

While Norwich defender Elliott Ward and Manchester City midfielder Michael Johnson also miss out.

[EDIT] As well as Wilson Palacios, 28, and Kenwyne Jones, 27 from Stoke.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DJ Campbell, Danny Higginbotham and Michael Johnson are too good to be sat on their arses until January 31st.

Not sure what is going on with Palacios and Jones, perhaps they are injured. Same applies, but I know Stoke were hoping to move Palacios on deadline day.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kenwyne Jones always looked a handful.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Luke Young would be good at RB instead of shity Mears... Elliott Ward is a good CB Michael Johnson was a good player but is without much playing time which isn't very good. Wilson Palacios and Kenwyne Jones would be great captures and I can't understand why they've been left out...

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We could use Palacios ...... Kenwyne Jones I have never rated .....besides that would be another striker watching SKD silky skills from the bench form a good salary.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All them players are better than what we have currently IMO.

Michael Johnson has had loads of problems though and i wouldn't look at him.

nothing wrong with Jones, Young, Campbell, Tongue, Hulse, Higginbotham

mark leach

mark leach
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wouldnt touch Johnson with a bargepole because he is about 2 stone overweight. D j campbell would be a good signing . He terrorised us when Blackpool got promoted.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Kenwyne Jones always looked a handful.

Really? Not a bad footie player either. Behave yourself woman.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kenwyn Jones and Jermain Jenas I would deffo take for a loan spell.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Apparantly we have been linked with jermain jenas in the bolton news on loan.

Can't see it myself.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum