Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FanZone

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FanZone Empty FanZone Sat Oct 12 2019, 11:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The University of Bolton Stadium will welcome back the popular BWFC FanZone ahead of our next Sky Bet League One game against Rochdale on Saturday 19 October.
Located in the spacious Premier Suite, the FanZone will be open from 12pm until 2pm when the turnstiles open and will be available for home supporters only.
Wanderers fans must show their season tickets or match tickets to gain entry and we would urge fans to get there early to avoid disappointment.

Run in partnership with the Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust, the FanZone is the ideal place for pre-match food, drinks and entertainment before the local derby kicks off.

Our very own Made In Bolton ‘FanZone’ beer will be on sale for just £3 a pint from the two large bars in the Premier Suite with a range of hot food also available.  Supporters are respectfully asked not to bring in their own food or drinks to the FanZone.

There will be plenty of entertainment for children including a giant inflatable dart board and table tennis.  For the adults we have live music a raffle and quiz with great prizes and some special guests in attendance ahead of kick off. Further details will be revealed on guests next week so watch this space!

Bolton Wanderers CEO Emma Beaugeard said: “We are delighted to be bringing back the Bolton Wanderers FanZone which will give our fans the perfect space to meet and enjoy themselves before our local derby against Rochdale.
I’d like to thank the Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust who have helped us in the organisation of this and I hope that everybody enjoys themselves ahead of what promises to be a great afternoon of football.”

Tickets for next Saturday’s game are still available, priced at £20 for adults and £10 for children, and can be purchased online by clicking here.
The Club will be looking to operate the FanZone as frequently as possible and will be exploring other possible venues as and when the Premier Suite is unavailable due to private bookings.

The next FanZone in the Premier Suite will take place on New Year’s Day when Wanderers host Burton Albion.

Meanwhile, the club is delighted to confirm that it will stage a fans’ Christmas Party in the Premier Suite straight after the home fixture against Southend United on Saturday 21 December.

Wanderers manager Keith Hill and several players past and present will be in attendance alongside some live music, entertainment and a pastie and peas supper.

Tickets will be priced at £10 for adults and £5 for children under the age of 16. Please note that space will be limited and tickets will be sold on a first come first served basis.

Tickets will go on sale from November 1 and will be available from the Bolton Central. More details will be announced in due course.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2FanZone Empty Re: FanZone Tue Oct 15 2019, 23:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

CONSIDERED unviable by previous ownership – Wanderers will test the water again this weekend by bringing back the FanZone.
Supporters with a home ticket can gain access to the Premier Suite for pre-match food, drink and entertainment, plus the lure of some special guests before the Rochdale game.
The FanZone was initially opened to great success in 2008, with Bolton still a Premier League club, and numbers remained healthy until it was closed in 2016.
With help from the Bolton Wanderers Supporters’ Trust, the club has now decided to try again this Saturday and have also pencilled in another date before Burton Albion’s visit on New Year’s Day.

The Premier Suite’s popularity means it is booked for a good portion of the year, so alternative venues are being considered for a regular FanZone, including an outdoor marquee based around Bolton Central.

The financial viability of the FanZone was questioned by previous owner Ken Anderson, who preferred to direct matchday drinkers towards the Bolton Whites Hotel.

Speaking in November 2017 about the possibility of reopening, he said: “As far as I’m aware in the past the FanZone didn’t make any money, it actually lost the club money.
“My job at the moment at the club is to stop things that cost us or lose us money.

“If someone says to me they’ll come in and run the FanZone and it won’t cost us or lose us any money, it was to our satisfaction and the fans want it, I’d be happy to do it.”
Many of the features that proved popular in the original FanZone will return, including a giant inflatable dart board and table tennis, live music, a raffle and prize quiz.

A special FanZone beer has also been produced for the re-opening, priced at £3 a pint.
Wanderers CEO Emma Beaugeard said: “We are delighted to be bringing back the Bolton Wanderers FanZone which will give our fans the perfect space to meet and enjoy themselves before our local derby against Rochdale.

“I’d like to thank the Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust who have helped us in the organisation of this and I hope that everybody enjoys themselves ahead of what promises to be a great afternoon of football.”
The Trust had previously experimented with running their own FanZone at the Bolton Arena and after consulting its members were keen to push for its return at the stadium.

A spokesperson said: "The Supporters' Trust has long lobbied for the return of the Fanzone. “We see it as a great amenity for fans to all come together in a convivial atmosphere in the build up to the game. “It also provides a platform for the club to re-engage with supporters and get that vital bond with them that has been missing for so long. “The Suporters' Trust wants to see the Community Trust and the Development Association have a strong presence at the Fanzone too so that they can remind everyone of the great work that they do and encourage fans to support their programmes in any way they can. “Continuing the community theme, we are pleased to say that Bolton at Home will be sponsoring this first of the new era Fanzones for the Rochdale game on October 19.

“This is a great opportunity for all involved to come together as one as we all do our bit to help rebuild our great club."
Meanwhile, the club has also confirmed there will be a special Christmas Party in the Premier Suite immediately after the home game against Southend United on Saturday, December 21.

Bolton boss Keith Hill and several players past and present will be in attendance alongside some live music, entertainment and a pastie and peas supper.
Tickets will be priced at £10 for adults and £5 for children under the age of 16 will go on sale from November 1 and will be available from the Bolton Central.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3FanZone Empty Re: FanZone Wed Oct 16 2019, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only went in once when it was regularly open and that was because i was there early and it was baltic outside, but it's a good idea to reopen it.

4FanZone Empty Re: FanZone Wed Oct 16 2019, 10:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I only went in once when it was regularly open and that was because i was there early and it was baltic outside, but it's a good idea to reopen it.
Not for me, but as Norpig says, a good idea to open it. When I don't have a lift and have to get the bus, I barely have time to buy a programme and get to my seat anyway.

5FanZone Empty Re: FanZone Wed Oct 16 2019, 21:37

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The few times I went there it was ok.  The warm beer didn’t help, so maybe sort that out and they’d get more custom.  Being able to watch the lunch time game before the main event was also good

6FanZone Empty Re: FanZone Mon Oct 21 2019, 13:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone go in then and was it busy?

7FanZone Empty Re: FanZone Mon Oct 21 2019, 20:01

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yep i went in about 1.45 pm it was very busy a good atmosphere and a live match on sky. Trouble was the bar closed at 2 pm this because they had an event on later same day. But well worth continuing IMO

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum