Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-3 Rochdale

+3
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Wed Oct 16 2019, 20:08

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Need to get some wins on the board, and I reckon this will be the first.

3-1

2Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Wed Oct 16 2019, 21:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully so!  I can also see a narrow victory

3Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Thu Oct 17 2019, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we will nick this 1-0, with the way we have been playing a win is just around the corner and this is the one!

4Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Thu Oct 17 2019, 18:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I think we will nick this 1-0, with the way we have been playing a win is just around the corner and this is the one!

I have a feeling we will win on Sat although marginally too.

5Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Thu Oct 17 2019, 18:44

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton win 2-0

6Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Fri Oct 18 2019, 16:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Head-to-Head stats:

Played: 18
Bolton Wins: 9 (50%)
Bolton Losses: 3 (17%)
Draws: 6 (33%)

We've never lost against them when playing at home.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Sat Oct 19 2019, 14:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Sat Oct 19 2019, 14:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the portal!

9Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Sat Oct 19 2019, 22:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers vs. Rochdale

Three second-half goals saw Rochdale come from behind to claim the victory at the University of Bolton Stadium after Thibaud Verlinden had put Bolton Wanderers in front.

Wanderers had been on top throughout the first-half and the Belgian’s second goal for Wanderers appeared to have set the hosts on course for three points.

But the introduction of former Wanderers favourite Aaron Wilbraham as a second half substitute turned the game on its head with goals from Camps, Rathbone and Tavares sending the visitors home with the win.

Manager Keith Hill made two changes with Adam Senior and Sonny Graham coming in for the injured duo of Jack Hobbs and Liam Bridcutt.

Straight from the kick off and the visitors tried to catch ‘keeper Remi Matthews off guard with a shot from the centre-spot but the effort drifted over the bar.

A corner from Ali Crawford presented Senior with a chance but his header went wide of target.

An early chance fell to Daryl Murphy after he rose to meet Adam Chicksen’s cross but his header is well kept out by Jay Lynch.

Wanderers were putting on the pressure and another corner from Crawford presented the home side with a chance but Zouma’s header went straight into the ground.

Rochdale had to wait until the 25th minute before testing Wanderers but Oliver Rathbone’s first time shot from 20 yards went well wide of target.

A moment of skill from Verlinden carved open a chance for the hosts when his backheel found Chicksen. The full-back’s cross, intended for Murphy, was headed behind for a corner.

A rare mistake from Chicksen allowed Dale to counter through Henderson who found Norrington-Davies but he dragged his shot wide.

That chance sparked the visitors into life and Matthew Done’s flick allowed Camps a chance but his shot went wide of target.

Hill made his first change of the game during the break with Dodoo on for Politic, and the substitute was in the right place at the right time to make an important clearance after Rathbone latched onto Camps’ cross.

Wanderers took a deserved lead just before the hour mark and it was the substitute who again made a key contribution. Dodoo paced down the right hand flank and put in a sensational cross which allow Verlinden to nod past Lynch.

Dale then brought on Wilbraham at the expense of MJ Williams.

And within six minutes Rochdale found themselves level when Camps’ shot took a deflection past Matthews.

Luke Murphy came on at the expense of Graham as Hill made a change to try and get Wanderers back in front.

Daryl Murphy was on the end of another centre off Dodoo and the Irishman’s shot was cleared off the line before Chicksen’s follow up shot was held by Lynch.

But Dale took the lead through Rathbone when he curled in a low drive beyond Matthews.

Any hopes of Wanderers getting back into the contest were put to bed when substitute Fabio Tavares hit the final goal of the game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Sun Oct 20 2019, 22:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor performance by us especially the second half. Rochdale looked a much better side second half even after we took the lead. It didn't help having 2 young lads at centre back and Wilbraham gave them a lesson.
Verlinden had his full back on toast all first half but Daryl Murphy was poor and didn't attack the crosses. I'd like to see Dodoo play through the middle, he has pace and would be a better option i think.

11Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Mon Oct 21 2019, 10:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one else go to the game or have an opinion then?  Shocked

12Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Mon Oct 21 2019, 10:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:No one else go to the game or have an opinion then?  Shocked
Pretty much agree with your previous post. Zouma has a lot to learn, and he was clearly exhausted well before the end.
It's the same old story with us. Who scores the goals? 
This is, of course, a work in progress, and I'm seeing a few green shoots, but I'm pretty certain we'll be playing in League Two next season, so I'm not going to crucify them.

13Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Mon Oct 21 2019, 11:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me neither mate, but plenty on places like reebok roar or whatever its called now on facebook are up in arms that we aren't now beating "the likes of Rochdale", even saw a Hill out comment  Shocked

Defence looked shaky to me and you're right about Zouma, he got carried away trying to play out from the back and cost us the third goal but he just needs more experience. We should have fought to keep Wheater as at least a back up as we are very short on centre backs now if Hobbs isn't fit.

14Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Mon Oct 21 2019, 13:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Me neither mate, but plenty on places like reebok roar or whatever its called now on facebook are up in arms that we aren't now beating "the likes of Rochdale", even saw a Hill out comment  Shocked

Defence looked shaky to me and you're right about Zouma, he got carried away trying to play out from the back and cost us the third goal but he just needs more experience. We should have fought to keep Wheater as at least a back up as we are very short on centre backs now if Hobbs isn't fit.
Agreed. They don't seem to understand that most other teams are talking about having to beat 'the likes of Bolton'.
We are where we are.

15Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Tue Oct 22 2019, 01:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
We are where we are.
i.e. in existence

16Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Rochdale Tue Oct 22 2019, 09:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
We are where we are.
i.e. in existence
Exactly. I've been amazed at some of the ridiculous expectations of some supporters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum